• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 1: Falcons at Eagles

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubtful

wouldn't be surprised to see him on the move somewhere soon now that his salary wouldn't be guaranteed

This world seem to indicate an unhappiness with their current group including Wallace AND the possibility that Jeffrey has a longer recovery than expected.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This world seem to indicate an unhappiness with their current group including Wallace AND the possibility that Jeffrey has a longer recovery than expected.
I don't think it's Alshon as much as they Hollins was put on IR, which takes him out of the picture for 8 weeks.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's Alshon as much as they Hollins was put on IR, which takes him out of the picture for 8 weeks.

My thoughts on this as well. They sure are rolling full auditions like I’ve rarely seen at such a point in the season. I think it’s less about Alshon (who I still expect to see soon....likely before Wentz). It’s more about the lackluster depth that exists beyond Jeffrey and Nelly.

Plus, I don’t mind this. They are looking at good possibilities and will stretch a few to PS (at least to start). This is the right time to comb the recent waivers and see who they can get in and get up to speed for possible later usage.

Miller might be useless in the end....but the upside on how he could be used in this offense could be huge. Similar for another player like Coleman. Low risk fliers for a unit that has depth issues that don’t fully solve just by having your #1 back. I like this action going on.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, Wallace will step up. If not, then I believe he will be cut before mid-season. We have to draft a WR. We won't have cap room to sign a top FA.
I think Carson will be back for the Indy game. Jeffrey, the same.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possible.
I'm surprised that they haven't signed Perriman. He is probably the most talented WR available despite his lack of production to date.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, Wallace will step up. If not, then I believe he will be cut before mid-season. We have to draft a WR. We won't have cap room to sign a top FA.
I think Carson will be back for the Indy game. Jeffrey, the same.
"We have to draft a WR".
I seem to remember hearing that before.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possible.
I'm surprised that they haven't signed Perriman. He is probably the most talented WR available despite his lack of production to date.

Perriman would be another that I could see a good flier on to go onto the PS with Miller. If they kicked the tires and don't do it I have serious question about Perrimans ability to play at this level.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We have to draft a WR".
I seem to remember hearing that before.

I'm not saying the 1st round, but we need to add weapons. Jeffrey gets hurt a lot. Agholor is the only stud we have besides Alshon.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the 1st round, but we need to add weapons. Jeffrey gets hurt a lot. Agholor is the only stud we have besides Alshon.
As of right now, I would draft a WR in the 1st and 2nd rounds and also a RB in the 2nd.
With the other 8 or so picks left, they can add depth elsewhere - a tackle, guard and center - with the other 5 picks being on defense.
Right now, they are looking through the scrap heap for any WR they can find.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know abut a WR or RB in the 1st because I believe that we draft either a DT and OT with their 1st and 2nd picks. Its way too early to speculate, but we have to get 2 new WRs that have speed, and good hands.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, they are going through the scrap heaps, looking for any quality WR's that they can find.
I said it in April and I'll say it again. WR is THE number 1 priority.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know abut a WR or RB in the 1st because I believe that we draft either a DT and OT with their 1st and 2nd picks. Its way too early to speculate, but we have to get 2 new WRs that have speed, and good hands.

My thoughts here as well.....too early to say/know anything about next April. But I sure do love the idea of linemen in early rounds no matter what. Yes, WR is absolutely a think that is needed and is right up there with linemen to me (it usually would not rank right up there).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup the play in the trenches should be the focus.

WRs are easy to find. Especially with a QB as good as Wentz.

They already used their top resource this past off-season on a pass catcher.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"WR's are easy to find".
That's why they're scouring the scrap heaps, without much success, for SOMEONE who can play.
The "great" Marcus Wheaton was cut.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles will never be the guy that will carry a team. He is what I would call a serviceable QB that would help a great team. Kind of like Brad Johnson. I just can't see him being anything more
He was certainly much more than Brad Johnson when the team needed him last year. It's hard to imagine anybody playing the position better than he did in the playoffs.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was certainly much more than Brad Johnson when the team needed him last year. It's hard to imagine anybody playing the position better than he did in the playoffs.

Yeah....I don’t agree with the Brad Johnson comparison. Brad Johnson was pretty steadily average. And that worked in 2002 for that Bucs team that was loaded on defense and skilled enough on offense to do it all.

The thing about Foles is it is not steady production. He has a more volatile measure of up and down play. The up was at the perfect time last year. But the down (when he is in that funk) does not make him serviceable, it makes him a potential liability.

No one played better than he did last playoffs....and thank God. Also be thankful that we did not see the truly down Foles last week (keeping hope he doesn’t slide down worse than that).

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....I don’t agree with the Brad Johnson comparison. Brad Johnson was pretty steadily average. And that worked in 2002 for that Bucs team that was loaded on defense and skilled enough on offense to do it all.

The thing about Foles is it is not steady production. He has a more volatile measure of up and down play. The up was at the perfect time last year. But the down (when he is in that funk) does not make him serviceable, it makes him a potential liability.

No one played better than he did last playoffs....and thank God. Also be thankful that we did not see the truly down Foles last week (keeping hope he doesn’t slide down worse than that).
I'm not worried about foles. I think he'll be better with more reps and Wentz is on the way.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about foles. I think he'll be better with more reps and Wentz is on the way.

I am not terribly worried either. May Foles play like the last time he played in Tampa for the Eagles.