• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 1: Falcons at Eagles

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's got my personal vote for favorite Eagle, next to Reggie White!

wow. Foles will always have my respect. But I honestly put a lot more into Doug for what Foles did. Foles is simply not that good of a QB. He showed it in regularly season before the playoffs last year, in preseason and in this past game. There is a reason he lost the starting position on multiple teams. But he did catch lightening in a bottle and helped us win a SB - and he will forever be remembered and has my gratitude. And he is a GREAT guy off the field to. But favorite Eagle?? I don't even think he is Jersey worthy. just my opinion.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. Foles will always have my respect. But I honestly put a lot more into Doug for what Foles did. Foles is simply not that good of a QB. He showed it in regularly season before the playoffs last year, in preseason and in this past game. There is a reason he lost the starting position on multiple teams. But he did catch lightening in a bottle and helped us win a SB - and he will forever be remembered and has my gratitude. And he is a GREAT guy off the field to. But favorite Eagle?? I don't even think he is Jersey worthy. just my opinion.
As I said earlier, I've been a fan for 25+ years and saw an awful lot of disappointment. Reggie White was always my favorite Eagle however seeing what Foles did last year to finally win us the big game gets him a nod in the category, at least for me. Jersey worth for that reason, not long term performance.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That win has me so pumped. It was ugly, but we dominated the lines of scrimmage and showed a lot of grit. I think this team is going to be good again fellas. Foles will round into shape over the next few games. A 3-0 start is quite possible despite the injuries, with Tampa and Indy as the next opponents.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That win has me so pumped. It was ugly, but we dominated the lines of scrimmage and showed a lot of grit. I think this team is going to be good again fellas. Foles will round into shape over the next few games. A 3-0 start is quite possible despite the injuries, with Tampa and Indy as the next opponents.

Well said. And exactly my thoughts this morning. Offense did not look good for most of the game. Am I concerned? Not yet. Why?

Because what I saw through that game did not include even an instance of apathy, frustration or panic in the demeanor of any player that is common of a team sport unit in trouble. That’s how bad steaks continue and worsen. Combined with the resilience this team showed last year this breeds confidence that they have the right approach as a team to working past this....and not falling into a wallow.

Obviously winning the game and seeing the defense as such a strong backdrop greatly helps this. While I don’t put a win up automatically for any game in this league the next two games shape up nicely. I’m tempted the worry about the heat and humidity next week....but they seem to have had the same weather up in philly lately.

We are not in a bad place. And I can attribute it to nothing more than that attitude and that fight that I saw the other night.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Eagles web site, they will be signing former Texans wide receiver Braxton Miller, pending a physical.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darby gave Julio the "Rock Bottom" ... for all you old wrasslin fans ... in order to make sure he didn't come down in bounds.

41325639_10209724260303483_3039988537987432448_n.jpg

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Eagles web site, they will be signing former Texans wide receiver Braxton Miller, pending a physical.

I’m cool with that. Maybe he develops nicely. If not, no risk involved.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing what happened to the so-called "good" teams yesterday, it made the Eagles win look even more impressive.
Let's Go Eagles. Kick the crap out of Tampa, with or without D Jax.
Wentz may be returning soon.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good things and some bad things. Basically it looked like they weren't prepared and since many players didn't play in the summer it showed rust. Plus let's not forget that they have such soft rules for practice they just aren't ready. I am concerned about the loss of the two coaches. Ugly game.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A caller on the radio yesterday claims he was on the same plane with Dez Bryant heading into Philly on Saturday. Could he be talking with the Eagles?

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Pro Football talk, former Ravens WR Breshad Perriman is working out for the Eagles.
Atlanta signed Steven Means.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A caller on the radio yesterday claims he was on the same plane with Dez Bryant heading into Philly on Saturday. Could he be talking with the Eagles?
doubtful

wouldn't be surprised to see him on the move somewhere soon now that his salary wouldn't be guaranteed

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubtful

wouldn't be surprised to see him on the move somewhere soon now that his salary wouldn't be guaranteed

This was my thought as well. "A caller calls into a radio show...."

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for the Bucs. Let's face it...we might not have tons of trouble with this game. But, this just got to be a lot more of a challenge than it felt like 24 hours ago.

I just cant believe the Saints have gone that bad on D.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for the Bucs. Let's face it...we might not have tons of trouble with this game. But, this just got to be a lot more of a challenge than it felt like 24 hours ago.

I just cant believe the Saints have gone that bad on D.
No the Bucs suck. We will roll.