• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 1: Falcons at Eagles

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a couple of days away!! I really don't know what to expect in this game ... still uncertainty of exactly when Wentz or Alshon will be back; no Mack Hollins whom I though would take the next step into a starter's role; Jason Peters coming back from injury but not having played a snap in preseason. I'm really curious to see what Doug draws up for the Offense ... I'm guessing a game plan favoring the running game with a heavy dosage of two TE sets.

I'm much less worried about the D who should be at full strength ... think this will be one of the best Defenses out there this year.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a couple of days away!! I really don't know what to expect in this game ... still uncertainty of exactly when Wentz or Alshon will be back; no Mack Hollins whom I though would take the next step into a starter's role; Jason Peters coming back from injury but not having played a snap in preseason. I'm really curious to see what Doug draws up for the Offense ... I'm guessing a game plan favoring the running game with a heavy dosage of two TE sets.

I'm much less worried about the D who should be at full strength ... think this will be one of the best Defenses out there this year.

It is a lot of uncertainty. And I’m concerned heading into the season....as many here have called out. But am I as concerned as any other season past? Well, yes, but the there is a tremendous amount of insistence missing. And that is nice.

I will just be bold and take stabs on the following:

Jeffrey back by week 3

Wentz back as early as week 5 against Vikings and as late as coming off the bye in early Nov (and I still hope it can work out that Nick does fine enough to at least wait until after the bye and give Wentz as close as possible to a year post injury)

Peters will not miss a beat. Call it a blind hunch....but the off-season workout videos really showed me something with him (I think).

As offense goes, and in the immediate with this week one game, I’m most concerned with the amount of pass catchers missing practice. It feels like a banged up unit to start the season.

Defense will be good. I’m concerned that they took a step back at DT and the depth there will be an issue. Scheme could help (Bennett moving over situationally). LB will be interesting to see, but likely they found enough pieces to make it work. Secondary will be....at least as good as last year and likely better than any time in many years.

As for the game....I’m just going to be a homer. Doug puts out the right game plan. It ends up somewhat similar to last years playoff game (not a 38-35 game). Call it 20-17 Eagles.

And that banner goes up into the rafters!! Can’t wait!

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Mack won't be playing this week. Wheaton signed, Rodgers to IR.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I am pretty confident that Wentz will be be back week #3. If we didn't have Foles, I think he could play this week.
2. With Ngata and Bennett here, I don't think we'll miss Jernigan very much.
3. I agree that Jeffrey will be back week 34. Last year, we won 15-10, not 38-35.
4. I agree that it will be close, and a defensive battle. Eagles 20-17 is a great pick.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good one.

Revenge game for them.
Super Bowl Champions game for them.
Second year in that offense for Matt Ryan and those weapons.
They have a young fast defense.

I'm hoping we can open them up a bit with Sproles and Ertz and then gash them on the ground. Just need a few plays out of the passing game.

Eagles 19
Falcons 16

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey and Hollins are out.
Wheaton was brought back.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goedert 2 TD!

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel good about this game.

I think 24-21 Atlanta.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel great about it either. Not sure which Foles will show up. But, I think he does enough and the D holds Atlanta mostly in check for a close win. Eagles 20-17. I hope the fans in attendance tonight are LIT.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted on another thread that I thought the Eagles would finish with a 11-5 record and win the division. I also said I believe they will start the season slow. Tonight is a game in which I think we will lose 27-24 in a close game. The Eagles will be emotionally very high seeing the banner go up. I just see a Super Bowl hangover here. Penalties will hurt us and sustain Falcons drives and that will be the story for tomorrow when we wake up imo. I hope I am wrong, but just my gut feeling.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pumped. Wearing my Dirty Waters jersey. First time since the SB. I will end up watching it in New Smyrna Beach at one of the local bars, most likely, Off the Hook. The food used to be excellent, it is now just ok, but tons of TV's always tuned in to Sports.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pumped for the start of the season but not optimistic about this game. I think we will lose. The receiver injuries seem significant, and Foles has looked shaky. I hope I am wrong!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally feeling the unease comments today. Going to be a close game (along the lines of the 20-17 Eagles I predicted). I will be a homer and stick with it.....but I could totally see a close loss too.

It is like trying to pick a fantasy lineup in week 1....who knows what you will get.

But I have my still new Eagles SB Champ shirt on at work today....ready to roll!

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pumped for the start of the season but not optimistic about this game. I think we will lose. The receiver injuries seem significant, and Foles has looked shaky. I hope I am wrong!
I seem to remember Foles looking shaky to end the regular season last year and then looked pretty good in the playoffs - BUT this is a new year. So we'll see.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New season ... I think Pederson will have plenty of new wrinkles suited for Foles' game. I think both TE's get a bunch of looks and hopefully Agholor has a big game. I don't put much emphasis into pre-season, but Foles runs hot/cold, so we'll see.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goedert 2 TD!
it's not out of the realm of possibility, granted, i'd say 1 is more likely. my concern is how the game plan looks with out Reich and Defilippo. Outside of all being good QB guys along with Doug, one helped out in coming up with the first 15 plays and the other was responsible for the RZ offense, which was exceptional last season.

So, while I'm concerned with our offense tonight and feel like that may be the losing point.

Fuck, let's go to the defense, Fletcher Cox says he wasn't DPOF, start that campaign tonight. BG is coming off an injury, DB is finding his place, a bunch of vets filling up a lot of the line from there and younglings looking to make a name. DBs may be better than we know, we'll see what the league allows. KGH is a fast fucker, let's see if the instincts are there. Is Hicks back to what he's capable of?

I need to see Cox blow up that middle to feel good about this. I hope the offensive game plan is there like it was last year, but I'm anxious at this point. Love both the TEs and expect them to have strong games. Hope they switch Dallas or Ertz to the Alshon role and let Nelson into the slot.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised nobody brought this up but ATL will be without their starting long snapper tonight. That could have an impact on tonight's outcome possibly.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 31-28. Let's go Birds!

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blatant pass interference ignored. The expert says holding Wallace's for a couple seconds was slight contact.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if I'm surprised or not how this first half played out? Penalties was almost certainly going to be an issue, but this is ridiculous. Foles has to start opening up a bit and finding his TEs. Where is Ajayi? He hasn't had many touches thus far. Gotta pound it down the middle and run tempo on this ATL defense. It worked on the one drive, but the penalties killed us from scoring a TD.