• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gaborik healthy scratch

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't understand this, on a team hurting for skill and speed.
Daryl being Daryl?

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure glad we didn't have Gaborik in the lineup, we were so tough pressuring with an avg of 6 SOG a period.
Thanks Darryl.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure glad we didn't have Gaborik in the lineup, we were so tough pressuring with an avg of 6 SOG a period.
Thanks Darryl.

Not having Gaborik in hurt. The Kings made the plays but couldn't hit the net.

It seemed every good shot was wide.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutter seems to not be pleased with his work ethic.
Sutter when asked about benching Gaborik
... it's a coach's decision. We have that right in the locker room as players and coaches to have high expectations of players in terms of how the play.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On some level I get it, but on another level that was the most boring game I think I've ever watched. The game winning goal came 4:20 (Heyo!) into the game, and LA had maybe one good scoring chance the rest of the game to try to even it up.

My pops said he likes Andy Andreoff because he works hard and has a lot of heart, which I don't disagree with, but that is something we used to have in abundance as the old Kings. A bunch of guys who had zero skill but worked real hard and gave it their all every night.

They say it in UFC all of the time, that "Hard work beats talent, when talent refuses to work hard", so I get that you need your top guys competing every shift, but it was pretty clear that Andy Andreoff and Nick Shore were not the answers yesterday.

Sutter criticized Gaborik last year by saying that if he wasn't who he was, he would have been benched already, so this isn't a new situation. When the Kings won the cup in 2014, I remember Robitaille saying that the culture of the Kings was established through accountability and consistency. He said that Tanner Pearson came up and was very good for about 5 games, but then he stopped skating for one shift in the 5th game, so they sent him back to the minors. There is a precedent they are setting, and trying to maintain, and it seems Sutter et al. would like that message sent now in December. There is no way Gaborik gets benched closer to Playoff time (Assuming LA is still in the hunt).