• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: g46-22-15-9-kings-@whocares-1-27-24

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody sent me That today.... Perfect really

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean the positives are it's not a rough patch and is basically a full 1/4 of the season of straight losing, so there's no questioning it's bad and the tougher conversations can be had.

I don't even know if it's drafting as much as development now. Because the Kings were taking consensus guys in a ton of spots. The Kempe one is so weird to me still. Dude really emerged as a 40 goal scorer but not until he was 25. There were stretches where he'd not score for 40 games and that was just par for the course. Kind of ties into how we see these dudes go thrive elsewhere and I wonder what's up with that.

I'm trying to look at if it's all bad, and it's not overall. I feel like I understand the Villardi move more. I'm not sure this team had enough to overcome Edmonton or Vegas so they wanted to change that. With his injury history, Blake didn't even qualify an offer to Villardi, which I think was a mistake and made it so he had to trade him immediately. Villardi ended up signing at under $4mil/year for two years, which I think LA could've done. The bigger question is obviously what to do with him in two years. Be like a PK Subban situation where he goes a bridge deal and wins the Norris, so GM has to sign him to big money and term.

But that's all done now, so controlling what they can control I think the obvious move is McLlelan. I do think a stud goalie this summer could be great for morale too but that's an off-season move.

I'm kinda like Puck, I'm just not excited about this team. The youth doesn't offer encouragement, Kopitar and Doughty are in the twilight. Coaching offering nothing but lip service about needing to be better. No studs with the Reign we're just waiting on despite like 5 straight years of the league ranking LA's prospects as best in the league. Still bitter at watching Quick elsewhere. I don't people don't share this opinion, and it's my own, but rather lose 14 of 16 with Quick than whatever the F I'm watching now.