• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

G Trai Turner for 2 million?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might be worth it for depth if anything. If he can prove he is healthy, could actually improve our line as the other guard. I know he had a terrible year last year, but a former probowler coming off his worst year ever while dealing with several injuries...could be a bounce back type year on a 1 year prove it deal for depth.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said this in another post - there are a few OG's still around that are worth kicking the tires on. As depth at worst, and potential rebound year(s) at best.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said this in another post - there are a few OG's still around that are worth kicking the tires on. As depth at worst, and potential rebound year(s) at best.
Sorry, must have forgot you mentioned Turner. I remember you saying something like that, but didn't remember the mention of Turner. Sorry about that!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, must have forgot you mentioned Turner. I remember you saying something like that, but didn't remember the mention of Turner. Sorry about that!
No worries. It was in another thread somewhere on here.

Was just pointing out, more so, that I agree. There are still some guys out there that make 100% sense to kick the tires on. You could even try and entice a guy like Turner to do a 1 year with a player option for year 2 - but year one is a team friendly deal where if he does well he can either opt to return under a bigger year 2 structure, or cut bait and try his hand at F/A again after being able to re-establish himself. Either way, he's guaranteed to get a 2nd year paid - which at this point hasn't happened.

Something like 1.7M this year, and then a 3M or 3.5M for year 2 under the player option. If the team decides to cut bait, it's barely a blip on the cap hit.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. It was in another thread somewhere on here.

Was just pointing out, more so, that I agree. There are still some guys out there that make 100% sense to kick the tires on. You could even try and entice a guy like Turner to do a 1 year with a player option for year 2 - but year one is a team friendly deal where if he does well he can either opt to return under a bigger year 2 structure, or cut bait and try his hand at F/A again after being able to re-establish himself. Either way, he's guaranteed to get a 2nd year paid - which at this point hasn't happened.

Something like 1.7M this year, and then a 3M or 3.5M for year 2 under the player option. If the team decides to cut bait, it's barely a blip on the cap hit.
No blip depending on bonus. The bonus is what hits the cap. So if it is a prove it deal with no guarantees of signing bonus...it is what it is. Player friendly option for year 2, team friendly on no signing bonus.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what's up with this guy. Teams need linemen. There must be some serious questions about his motivation to play football. I agree that it totally makes sense to kick tires on the guy, which makes it even more scary that nobody is doing it. Its entirely possible that he's choosing not to make any deals until the season gets closer (could be hiding a weight issue or an injury issue that could hurt his market), but otherwise it seems sketchy.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what's up with this guy. Teams need linemen. There must be some serious questions about his motivation to play football. I agree that it totally makes sense to kick tires on the guy, which makes it even more scary that nobody is doing it. Its entirely possible that he's choosing not to make any deals until the season gets closer (could be hiding a weight issue or an injury issue that could hurt his market), but otherwise it seems sketchy.
I'm going to guess the first go around, he was asking for way too much, and teams had concerns about his play and didn't want to fork over a bunch of money on a guy who might just be on the downside of his career and not worth the limited cap.

Now, that being said - I believe he was pretty banged up last year. I think he's worth a flier if he's willing to come in, as I said, on a 1-2 year deal where he can be a team friendly for year 1 with a player option that's more player friendly for year 2. If he outplays year one, he'll get paid again and doesn't have to stick around. If he doesn't do as well, he's got a safety net that will pay him 1 last year's worth of coin.

Also, if he's willing, he's a perfect guy to have with Carman and helping him teach the OL and ropes at guard. I mean, the guy was one of the best. It wouldn't hurt to bring him in just on that note that maybe he spends a year playing, but also maybe just a year helping Carman and some of the other guys. Experience is worth something. Especially to an OL that needs it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would need to pass physical and demonstrate he's healthy, we don't need someone else to come in here and play a few snaps just to collect an injury paycheck.