• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future sports reporter in....???

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello friends,

It has been a little while. I did want to update you all on a very recent development.

Yesterday I got an email from editor of a newspaper in South Dakota asking if I could do a phone interview today. I just did that and....well, I crushed it. Was asked to head out there later this month for in-person interview and potential/likely offer.

So, if all goes well, I'll be moving to South Dakota in the near future and finally getting that first shot as a sports reporter

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello friends,

It has been a little while. I did want to update you all on a very recent development.

Yesterday I got an email from editor of a newspaper in South Dakota asking if I could do a phone interview today. I just did that and....well, I crushed it. Was asked to head out there later this month for in-person interview and potential/likely offer.

So, if all goes well, I'll be moving to South Dakota in the near future and finally getting that first shot as a sports reporter

Nice. Good luck. Where about in SD? Rapid City I’m assuming.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations, Matt! Wishing you the best. Promote some of the Giants love in South Dakota.

You are from California, right? You do realize that the Dakotas have this annual thing called "winter". Suggest you research "long underwear" and "ice fishing".

Well done!

:clap:

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations, Matt! Wishing you the best. Promote some of the Giants love in South Dakota.

You are from California, right? You do realize that the Dakotas have this annual thing called "winter". Suggest you research "long underwear" and "ice fishing".

Well done!

:clap:

I'll also need to do some serious hockey research

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll also need to do some serious hockey research

As a kid in Minnesota, many of my friends played hockey. You could tell the kids who played hockey because by the time they were in 5th grade, their front teeth were missing. :D (of course, those were the days before helmets, face guards, and mouthpieces)

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt, this is great! Praying that it works for you. If it does, I fully expect the entire state to become Giants' fans within 5 years. That way, you get to see the next WS trophy when it goes on tour.