• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future Looking Bright

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings have won 6 in a row. They have beat some good teams during this run. I know the Vegas win was a game that they probably shouldnt have won being badly outshot and outplayed but its still a win. With that being said, they have also lost some games they should have won.

I dont want to get too excited by this but they have really shown a lot of improvement during the course of the season. I am looking forward to the draft and the offseason to see what comes next. If they keep making strides like this, I see the playoffs being a good possibility next year.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. They still have some work to do and it'll be interesting to see what happens in the off-season.
I still think they need a solid #2-3 D-man and a little more balance on the forward lines.

As I mentioned in another post I'm done with Amadio so another forward or two will have to step up and be able to play at the NHL level. I think Vilardi will continue to improve and I like what I see Prokhorkin, Moore, Wagner, Anderson and Lizzotte. Ad to that the continued improvement of Iafallo, Kempe, Roy and Walker getting back on track and it's not a doom and gloom. Of course things have to pan out like we hope but at least the pieces are beginning to show promise.

That leaves the unknown prospects at this point. If Turcotte, Anderson-Dolan, Kupari, Kaliyev, Clague, Fagemo, Akil Thomas and Bjornfot. This plus what they're able to pick up at the Draft will start to shape the near future.

I also really like Frk. He's more than just a hard shot. He has some edge to his game and I like what he brings at both ends of the ice.

I must have left someone out so help me out peeps.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they look great. They had games where they were trending in a positive way, but seems to be more cohesive of late. I just wish they didn't wait until they were eliminated already before doing this. Basically just messing up their draft percentage at this point.

But, in agreement, I do think winning and losing are contagious, so setting the tone and building off of success are super encouraging. And they are actually fun to watch! I personally miss the defense, but I can't really complain overall.

Kings prospect pool is still rated #1, and it's encouraging to see guys already having success. Trevor Moore was a big pickup we are seeing already. I think Vilardi does a ton of little things like win face-offs and win little board battles, but I am super cautious on him still long term just because I heard an interview where they said his game day routine is intense and there's a lot that goes into getting him game ready. I just don't know how sustainable that is long term for a guy that young.

But overall, it's trending positive. I still fanboy out for Quick, so I always hope LA can turn it around and sneak in another cup for him (or two). Future is bright.

Kings also offering this deal right now where you can go to every game for the rest of the year for $20/game. Game Day pass. Similar to what the Rams had going.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've enjoyed the winning streak. Hoping they end up ahead of the Dux.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've enjoyed the winning streak. Hoping they end up ahead of the Dux.

They can go up on the Sharks also.

It is a lot better watching the Kings now a days. Even when they losing some games, they were in most of the games.

No Carter, no Toffoli, no Martinez no problem. Getting Carter back will ok, because of his speed.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to lie
I like watching them win more than watching them lose.
They are in a division that is inconsistent. They could turn it around quickly.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the only downfall of the winning streak is it hurts the Kings chances of a top 2 pick, and it seems the top 2 guys are far and away the best prospects. However, I di agree with xis that we could use some more defense prospects so maybe its a blessing in disguise if we get the pick of the litter on D.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the only downfall of the winning streak is it hurts the Kings chances of a top 2 pick,

I was thinking the same thing about the draft, but the NHL will make sure Detroit gets the top spot and Chicago plus the Rangers or New Jersey gets ahead of the Kings.