• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future Cap Casualties?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Now that Kaepernick is getting the lion's share of the salary cap, I think there are 2 players in particular it might make sense to trade in the future if they need cap room.

1. Ahmad Brooks. Why? Lemonier is going to dominate. It's that simple. Aldon missing time this season is going to be a blessing in disguise because Lemonier is going to show he's too good to be on the bench. Brooks will be 31 next offseason. He'd still have a few great years left in him, and I think a team needing an OLB would trade for a pro bowl caliber player like he. Brooks is under contract through 2017; a team trading for him would have at least 2 good years left & maybe all 3. I don't expect this to happen, but it'd be nice to use the space on a CB for once.

2. Anthony Davis. Davis is the only player on the team (except #7) signed through the 2019 season. I fully expect the Niners to start Marcus Martin at C and never look back. Brandon Thomas can play either tackle or guard. If both of them work out I'd love it if the Niners made room by trading Davis instead of letting Iupati walk ('cause Iupati is the better player by a significant margin IMO).

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Martin and Thomas next year both were supposed to be high draft picks. We have good OL depth not worried about that position

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks and Lemonier don't play the same position..... Lemonier needs to get infinitely better in coverage and significantly better in run support before he's ready to challenge Brooks.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there was a site that tracked teams cap space breakdown by position. A distribution of dollars across the roster. I wonder if viewing it that way would provide useful insight.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iupati is as good as gone after the season.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well can't keep them all

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick wants to trade Brooks and use the money to sign a CB?

:omg: I'm shocked

Of course if Lemon works out the way you expect him to then I'm right there with you brother.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we could lock up Boone for half of what it will cost to keep Iupati...and we have a guy in Boone who could easily slide to LT and we know that because he HAS. If Thomas is as good as I believe him to be, then we won't see significant drop off in the play of Iupati vs. Thomas.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we could lock up Boone for half of what it will cost to keep Iupati...and we have a guy in Boone who could easily slide to LT and we know that because he HAS. If Thomas is as good as I believe him to be, then we won't see significant drop off in the play of Iupati vs. Thomas.

I was thinking the same damn thing, give Boone a new contract and re-sign Crabs and have Thomas start next year and if Iupati wants to break the bank then let him walk. He is a great player but we also have drafted very well the past couple years. We have Martin and Thomas waiting in the wings to start or play a lot. Like the ESPN article stated, "the 49ers are built to win now and the future"

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Now that Kaepernick is getting the lion's share of the salary cap, I think there are 2 players in particular it might make sense to trade in the future if they need cap room.

1. Ahmad Brooks. Why? Lemonier is going to dominate. It's that simple. Aldon missing time this season is going to be a blessing in disguise because Lemonier is going to show he's too good to be on the bench. Brooks will be 31 next offseason. He'd still have a few great years left in him, and I think a team needing an OLB would trade for a pro bowl caliber player like he. Brooks is under contract through 2017; a team trading for him would have at least 2 good years left & maybe all 3. I don't expect this to happen, but it'd be nice to use the space on a CB for once.

2. Anthony Davis. Davis is the only player on the team (except #7) signed through the 2019 season. I fully expect the Niners to start Marcus Martin at C and never look back. Brandon Thomas can play either tackle or guard. If both of them work out I'd love it if the Niners made room by trading Davis instead of letting Iupati walk ('cause Iupati is the better player by a significant margin IMO).

Brooks I can see us trading in the offseason especially if he has a good year as his salary will jump up to 6 million next season.

Davis isn't really making all that much money so I don't see any reason to trade him for the next couple of years. He'll average about 2.5 million in 2015 and 16 and his salary won't jump up until 2017 at 4 million.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't this thread entitled "Future Kap Casualties?" Or for true whimsy, "Future Kap Kasualties?"

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks and Lemonier don't play the same position..... Lemonier needs to get infinitely better in coverage and significantly better in run support before he's ready to challenge Brooks.

This.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Lemonier doesn't have to get better at thing IMO. He's already a better OLB than Brooks IMO. Brooks is great and a pro bowl caliber player, but Lemonier is better IMO.

If Lemonier got the starting job from day 1 the run-stop would suffer slightly. However, the pass rush would improve enough to the point that the overall defense would be better IMO.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed our QB and got to keep Boldin........

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I would rather have Davis then Iupati. easier to find a guard then a very good Tackle. Davis might be a LT on most teams. For us he is a great RT.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Boldin contract will be up so we will save some money there. Also Gore will be gone after this year so 49ers have some money coming off the books.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already a better OLB than Brooks IMO.

You see that thing you just jumped over? That was a shark bro.

What could this possibly be based on? A GIF? Dude has barely played in the NFL, please walk us through how you came up with this assessment.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What could this possibly be based on? A GIF? Dude has barely played in the NFL, please walk us through how you came up with this assessment.

Because Sick is psychic or was it psychotic? :scratch: It is one of those psy words.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Sick has been wanting to trade Brooks for a few years now. That combined with his man crush on Lemonier tells you all you need to know.

I like both players, but let's be a tad realistic, shall we? :)