• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Futurama

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn’t much good new stuff anymore. I have gotten into doing a lot of rewatches over the last few years, and I have really enjoyed it. I just finished a full rewatch of the SG1 shows (SG1, Atlantis and Universe). SG1 gets better each time I do a rewatch (this was my third time total). Atlantis starts rough, but it finds its lane (though NEVER equals SG1). Universe was just weird. It was a cross between BSG and The Office, but set in the SG1 continuity. And it had NONE of the charm of the first 2 shows. I did Buffy a few years ago as well, and have been considering tackling that one again soon. I did ST, Bond and MCU all over the last 5 years or so, and fully enjoyed each of those projects.

that is BS... of course there is good stuff now... and much more of it... problem now is that there is so much out there that you have to sift the shit out... and there is a lot of shit...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is BS... of course there is good stuff now... and much more of it... problem now is that there is so much out there that you have to sift the shit out... and there is a lot of shit...
Fair. And the a la cart nature of streaming makes it that much more difficult to find that rare gem. And the streamers don’t seem to want to help. I log into Netflix and 80% of the stuff that is pushed to me is either Anime or Korean-dubbed shows. I am not interested in dubbed stuff unless it get AMAZING word of mouth. I watch TV while I do other things. I don’t want to read while I watch.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair. And the a la cart nature of streaming makes it that much more difficult to find that rare gem. And the streamers don’t seem to want to help. I log into Netflix and 80% of the stuff that is pushed to me is either Anime or Korean-dubbed shows. I am not interested in dubbed stuff unless it get AMAZING word of mouth. I watch TV while I do other things. I don’t want to read while I watch.

yea, the rankings and Rotten tomatoes have all become a joke... they dont want to hurt anyone's feelings... i just want to know what to watch Dammit...

but i will admit, as a cartoon junky, i will watch anime,

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, the rankings and Rotten tomatoes have all become a joke... they dont want to hurt anyone's feelings... i just want to know what to watch Dammit...

Rotten tomatoes just removed user ratings, it is not a convoluted algorithm that includes the budget of the show to get some sticker to it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Netflix needs to offer some kind of filter mechanic. I would love to be able to filter out foreign language stuff as my default. If I want to watch Squid Game, I will find Squid Game. Don’t show me a medical drama based in China about an acupuncturist. I have zero interest in that show. (Actual show that was recommended to me, btw)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotten tomatoes just removed user ratings, it is not a convoluted algorithm that includes the budget of the show to get some sticker to it.
RT only allows “critics“ scores now?

That is BS. I agree with the crowd score MUCH more often I agree with the critic scores. The critic scores are entirely inside-generated, and totally bought and paid for (payola)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Netflix needs to offer some kind of filter mechanic. I would love to be able to filter out foreign language stuff as my default. If I want to watch Squid Game, I will find Squid Game. Don’t show me a medical drama based in China about an acupuncturist. I have zero interest in that show. (Actual show that was recommended to me, btw)
What about a British show that is about metal detecting?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot shows aren’t streamed anywhere due to music rights, so a lot of shows are essentially lost to the sea of time (Wings, JAG just to name a couple that I tried to watch, but abandoned because of lost episodes).
Music rights are a big issue with some video games. A good chunk of PS2/Xbox era games will likely be lost to time because of that. Saturn games are lost to time because no one cared to save the games back in the day.

That said, the monocultural is pretty dead so a lot of the older shows that had more of a monoculture following might have legs. Like classic rock today.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current ranking is:

1. Quids Game
2. Cuteness Overload
3. Planet Espresso

4. Beauty and the Bug
5. The Temp
6. Attack of the Clothes
7. One is Silicon, the Other is Gold

8. The One Amigo

Giving Cuteness Overload is a bit of a bump because its a good Amy episode and thats kinda rare. Its...honestly pretty decent overall imo. Definitely getting a major theme about mindless consumerism.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Cuteness was pretty good. So far this season is much better than the last one. Most of the episodes are decent enough. Nothing amazing, but good enough to where I don't mind the show got rebooted