• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Funny Local M's Story

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read in the local paper that the M's home and away club house managers are both from my hometown. One went to my old high school and the other went to my wife's old high school. The guy that hired both (Kevin Kalal) back in their respective starts was a guy two years behind me in school, his brother was a year behind me and went on to punt for University of Miami during the late 80's when they won the National Championship, and their dad was a teacher and head wrestling coach and assistant football coach and later he and his wife lived just down the street from me. Great family. I actually spoke via twitter to Mike Curto (Tacoma's Radio Man) years ago at Length about Kevin.

I know the story means more to me than anyone else out there, but had to smile when I read the article.

The Longview Mariners: How an RAL grad paved path for Longview natives to make big-league club

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin was a great dude/boss, Jeff had just started when I was working for the Rainier's but I was in the visitors side so didn't really interact with him a bunch but if Kevin hired him I'm sure he was too.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin was a great dude/boss, Jeff had just started when I was working for the Rainier's but I was in the visitors side so didn't really interact with him a bunch but if Kevin hired him I'm sure he was too.

Ya I liked Kevin in high school. It wasn't until a few years back I even knew he was in baseball. He wasn't very athletic so I didn't ever see him in that sort of field but he did well for himself. I see his brother every so often around town, but haven't seen Kevin in 33 years. There dad died several years back. His dad's nickname was Killer Kalal but he was a nice guy.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I liked Kevin in high school. It wasn't until a few years back I even knew he was in baseball. He wasn't very athletic so I didn't ever see him in that sort of field but he did well for himself. I see his brother every so often around town, but haven't seen Kevin in 33 years. There dad died several years back. His dad's nickname was Killer Kalal but he was a nice guy.

Kevin was the guy who hired me and was so cool and didn't act like a boss at all, really cool for a 16 year old at least. He let me get a crap load of overtime when I wasn't suppose to and told me which players would tip the most and set me up with tickets for the 01 Mariners so got to be in the clubhouse for when they clinched and won 116. Didn't know about his and Jeff's relationship. The dude who had his job got called up to the big club like Christopherson (sp) and the dancing grounds crew. Jeff seemed alright, but like I said my interaction with him was barely at all because the Rainier's finally put in a visitors clubhouse.

Kevin would remember my buddies mom, which I won't put her name. But she was essentially Susan Sarandon from Bull Durham.