• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fully Committed

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russian Research Breakthrough!

EfPtT1oXoAY4HWf.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'm sure the big 10 asked them if they would miss their $50 mill a year. Everything is always about money. As was the big 10s decision not to play.
Heard today that Michigan had feared they could lose $60mil in revenue with football sans fans. And possibly $120mil with no football. Out of around $180-190mil in sports revenue.

Out of $1.6Billion in overall revenue.

Nebraska either makes a lot less money, or makes a lot less money. Or just realized they should be quiet and wait for erybody else to not play.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m happy corn came to their senses though.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'm sure the big 10 asked them if they would miss their $50 mill a year. Everything is always about money. As was the big 10s decision not to play.

Where is that $50 million per team going to come from?

Will the Networks be paying the Big 10 even though no games are played?

These networks are going to lose hundreds of $millions in advertising.

You think Budweiser is going to pay the same money for a 45 second commercial slot for "Married With Children" re-run as they would for a live Ohio St vs Penn St game?

Contracts are Contracts

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is that $50 million per team going to come from?

Will the Networks be paying the Big 10 even though no games are played?

These networks are going to lose hundreds of $millions in advertising.

You think Budweiser is going to pay the same money for a 45 second commercial slot for "Married With Children" re-run as they would for a live Ohio St vs Penn St game?

Contracts are Contracts

Not this year. I'm referring to typical years.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this year. I'm referring to typical years.

Do you think the networks are obligated to pay their contract to the Big 10 for this season?

$50 million per team is a big hit to athletic departments.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the networks are obligated to pay their contract to the Big 10 for this season?

$50 million per team is a big hit to athletic departments.

networks won't pay without games. their lawyers would have made sure that was covered in the contract language. i'm not even sure those contracts would be valid if they end up playing in the spring and a possible tweaked schedule. They may have to work something else out with that many changes.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
networks won't pay without games. their lawyers would have made sure that was covered in the contract language. i'm not even sure those contracts would be valid if they end up playing in the spring and a possible tweaked schedule. They may have to work something else out with that many changes.

Not to mention those networks have likely already finalized contracts (or are in the process) with advertisers for spring programming that has nothing to do with CFB.

These networks are going to override their regular Jan, Feb, March, April, programming to insert CFB?

Not.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This scene was pre CGI. Did Belushi drink tea or is this a truly legit take? At the time his body was 40% cocaine and ludes so it's plausible he chugged a 750 and lived to tell about it for a while.

Did that once with about a half a bottle.

That was not one of my better decisions.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This scene was pre CGI. Did Belushi drink tea or is this a truly legit take? At the time his body was 40% cocaine and ludes so it's plausible he chugged a 750 and lived to tell about it for a while.

I can't imagine it was JD, I guzzled pint once and it was stupid. No way that was real JD and it didn't kill him.

on a more interesting note...

FABER COLLEGE IS ACTUALLY THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, sorry. I thought this was about Trump.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did that once with about a half a bottle.

That was not one of my better decisions.

I watched a good friend do it and he later commenced to puking into his cowboy boot in the back seat of HIS car while I was driving him home.

I did it once and woke up at home on my couch. I remembered nothing about getting home. Complete blackout. My '73 Mustang convertible was parked out front without a scratch. No sign of puke anywhere in my apartment, outside my apartment, in the car, nowhere.
I called my friends that were with me cruising that day to find out who'd brought me home so they could fill me in and I could thank them. They all said "You dropped us off and took yourself home. You were fine". To this day I'm amazed I didn't kill anyone.

That all happened in the '80's. I haven't so much as tasted whiskey since. One of those things where I don't know when to quit and it leads to poor decision making.
One can forgive themselves for the occasional 'waking up with a fat girl that you can't get rid of'. Driving wasted and killing or maiming someone for life is not something I could forgive myself for.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a good friend do it and he later commenced to puking into his cowboy boot in the back seat of HIS car while I was driving him home.

I did it once and woke up at home on my couch. I remembered nothing about getting home. Complete blackout. My '73 Mustang convertible was parked out front without a scratch. No sign of puke anywhere in my apartment, outside my apartment, in the car, nowhere.
I called my friends that were with me cruising that day to find out who'd brought me home so they could fill me in and I could thank them. They all said "You dropped us off and took yourself home. You were fine". To this day I'm amazed I didn't kill anyone.

That all happened in the '80's. I haven't so much as tasted whiskey since. One of those things where I don't know when to quit and it leads to poor decision making.
One can forgive themselves for the occasional 'waking up with a fat girl that you can't get rid of'. Driving wasted and killing or maiming someone for life is not something I could forgive myself for.

Yeah, I was about 17 or 18 when I did that. Fortunately, I was not driving. My friend took me to his house and told his parents I got sick when we had fast food. They bought it. They called my parents and told them the same thing.

Got home the next morning hungover as fuck and still having the dry heaves.

My Dad didn't buy the story even with my friends parents telling him and had a bunch of yard work that he decided needed to be done right away.

The bad thing was that mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, trimming bushes etc. in 90 degree July heat with a hangover isn't nearly as much fun as it sounds.

The good thing was, I sweated it out and was feeling much better after a couple of hours. lol

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was about 17 or 18 when I did that. Fortunately, I was not driving. My friend took me to his house and told his parents I got sick when we had fast food. They bought it. They called my parents and told them the same thing.

Got home the next morning hungover as fuck and still having the dry heaves.

My Dad didn't buy the story even with my friends parents telling him and had a bunch of yard work that he decided needed to be done right away.

The bad thing was that mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, trimming bushes etc. in 90 degree July heat with a hangover isn't nearly as much fun as it sounds.

The good thing was, I sweated it out and was feeling much better after a couple of hours. lol
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had one of those things in high school. haven't touch it again.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst experiences I ever had was on Wild Turkey and Jaegermeister