• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fucking Phillies

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was bound to happen. No run suport last year, so they get an expensive pitcher who helps them every 5th game

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least now you can focus on a real sport. With all do respect, fuck baseball. At the end of the day, it's just too slow of a game.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been tough watching Philly sports teams of late. The Phillies and Eagles both let us down. I'm hoping for a magical season for the Flyers. So far so good. It is a fun team to watch. Hell, they even played a full 60 minutes in game 1.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man....what a brutal hard ending to what was otherwise an excellent regular season. That shit hurt --- big time. :L

I don't know about you guys, but I fully expect Rollins and Raul to be gone by the time next spring comes around. IMO...Just like the Flyers, the Phils need a shake up. Ruben and Charlie can no longer keep trotting the same team, with the same attitude out on the field and have the results being the same year after year.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been tough watching Philly sports teams of late. The Phillies and Eagles both let us down. I'm hoping for a magical season for the Flyers. So far so good. It is a fun team to watch. Hell, they even played a full 60 minutes in game 1.

Thaaaat is debatable...

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man....what a brutal hard ending to what was otherwise an excellent regular season. That shit hurt --- big time. :L

I don't know about you guys, but I fully expect Rollins and Raul to be gone by the time next spring comes around. IMO...Just like the Flyers, the Phils need a shake up. Ruben and Charlie can no longer keep trotting the same team, with the same attitude out on the field and have the results being the same year after year.

Rollins is history. They need to keep Cole. Here is my honest opinion. I would trade Howard and get some young arms for the bullpen and go after Prince Fielder FA in the offseason. Howard is probably a lock to stay, but he has been dreadful in the postseason when it matters most. Just my two cents.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins is history. They need to keep Cole. Here is my honest opinion. I would trade Howard and get some young arms for the bullpen and go after Prince Fielder FA in the offseason. Howard is probably a lock to stay, but he has been dreadful in the postseason when it matters most. Just my two cents.

from my limited knowledge (i've watched about 12 innings of phillies baseball this season), but i think howard needs to go too.. he's a joke in the postseason.. its like a 90% chance he strikes out when he comes to the plate..

wasn't rollins batting like .600 in that series? why would you get rid of him? (honest question)

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from my limited knowledge (i've watched about 12 innings of phillies baseball this season), but i think howard needs to go too.. he's a joke in the postseason.. its like a 90% chance he strikes out when he comes to the plate..

wasn't rollins batting like .600 in that series? why would you get rid of him? (honest question)

I think the Phillies want to resign Cole which will be expensive. Rollins is getting up there in age. They can replace him for a younger shortstop. Reyes is available but will cost a lot. Better options out there. They need to keep their pitchers intact.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would do that also, but I think there are a couple of things we need to think about when we start considering dumping Howard...

Unless Brandon Moss converts to being a first baseman, we don't have anybody down on the farm who could possibly fill Howards shoes. I wouldn't cry if Mayberry was given his job, but he's not a perennial 30-100 player.

A trade of any kind would have to give us some power in return and that makes a trade unlikely, so for now -IMO- unless Charlie changes his stance and we start acquiring guys who drive gappers for doubles and triples.....we're stuck with Mr. Post Season Collapse.

I think the Phillies want to resign Cole which will be expensive. Rollins is getting up there in age. They can replace him for a younger shortstop. Reyes is available but will cost a lot. Better options out there. They need to keep their pitchers intact.

I agree again bro. Cole is staying.

Rollins? I'd trade him and his bi-polar attitude as soon as the right deal came along, but not a minute sooner.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins? I'd trade him and his bi-polar attitude as soon as the right deal came along, but not a minute sooner.

Hey Tox, is it a poor attitude where he's a bad teammate inside the locker room, or is it more of an attitude where sometimes he feels like playing hard and sometimes he dogs it? I only ask because I hadn't heard this before.

:frog:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Tox, is it a poor attitude where he's a bad teammate inside the locker room, or is it more of an attitude where sometimes he feels like playing hard and sometimes he dogs it? I only ask because I hadn't heard this before.

:frog:

The second part. No doubt.

I think we'd all agree that he is by all standards an above average player, but his attitude and stature within the team is all over the map.

In one inning he's upbeat and all into the game, chatting it up with Charlie and his teammates, the next he's staring into the crowd seemingly disinterested in what's happening on the field. The same goes for when he's on the field, one inning he's selling out, the next he barely moves for very playable balls.

I wouldn't shed one tear if he was replaced by a Reyes or someone else of equal physical talent with more drive to be successful.

Just my .02