• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fsu and clemson to the big 12

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how im i being a troll because i wanna talk about something i find interesting instead of joining the the other threads that are filled with drama and bitching........also i said i have read somewhere that somebody else said they did the expected travel and it is similiar.....

and to the money remark of course money is the driving force and texas can make more in the big 12 than in the pac(lhn pays them 15 mil for 3rd tier).i know it isnt the end all of the discussion though....

as the play-off im just going by what is reported.i am not trying to claim any of the stuff i type as 100% fact but it is being talked about on the internet...and if the bcs used the proposed rules for the last 10 years i believe it said only 1 team would have been in the play-offs(thats not good)...what is being reported that i hear is top 3 champs and a WC

and yes there are rumors of the big 12 deal with fsu/clemson(plus getting the championship game ) will be close or over 30 million,we will see....and also read what i wrote im sure i said "almost dbl"

the last part i cant argue..we will just have to see,but i will continue to post in this thread and that is hardly what being a troll is

how do you feel about my recent post about no 3rd tier football rights while nc,duke,syracuse get to make money off of 3rd tier basketball rights??

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think ESPN will persuade the schools to stay. The Big10 was looking at Maryland and got scared off at the last minute and the SEC reached out to VT and NCSU and it seemed like they were interested but backed off.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be.....but i am leaning more to the its gonna happen side :),for obvious reasons

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be.....but i am leaning more to the its gonna happen side :),for obvious reasons

lol

My only concern is possibly losing the annual game with FSU during all this expansion/realignment. Guess we could pick Miami back up.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting little piece on Clemson and Big 12 rumors:

BigXII Rumors Defined | May

"The following is a running list of important points being debated/discussed surrounding Clemson's possible move to the BigXII. We will update this list as necessary. Please feel free to comment or email me at:

Athletic Advisory Committee.
A committee composed of 10 successful business leaders with strong ties to Clemson who will provide advice to the athletic department from a strategic planning standpoint. This committee next meets on June 18th and 19th

BCS Playoff RPI.
Ratings Percentage Index is an equation used in college basketball to help aid in the placement of teams in the NCAA tournament. The equation includes wins, losses, strength of schedule and margin of victory. As part of the impending BCS playoff plan, an RPI-type equation may be used to determine the participants in the four-team playoff. Membership in a conference with a strong overall RPI will be important to a team’s individual RPI and subsequently their place in the playoff.

BigXII-Clemson Collusion.
Legally, a school may not discuss membership with a conference they are not currently a member of, unless said school has already placed its current conference on notice that it may leave and is researching its options. In the same manner, team A may not speak to a potential transfer on team B without team B granting permission to do so. This explains why Clemson must deny all communications with the BigXII until the ACC has been notified of Clemson’s intent to leave the conference.

BigXII Travel Expenses.
Conferences may arrange to cover travel expenditure for its sponsored competitions. Due to the different geographical hurdles of each conference, some conferences help their member schools out more than others. The ACC gives each school a travel allowance and will help additionally in special circumstances such as BCS bowl games. The BigXII allows each team to bill the conference for all of its conference-related travel expenses for every sponsored sport. Once each team has been reimbursed appropriately, the remaining conference earnings are split evenly amongst the member institutions.

Conference Academics.
Emphasis on academics is an important tool in bridging the gap between a school’s athletic interests and its academic mission. It has been proven that schools with strong athletic programs attract a higher number of applicants for admission. Therefore the academic mission of a school is directly supported by its athletic success. Consequently, times arise when a school must put its athletic interests above that of academics in order to reach their long term academic goals. Competition, exposure, and money are reasons that may persuade a school to switch athletic conferences in the face of academic concerns.

Exit Fee.
The ACC has an exit fee of $20 Million for any team wishing to leave the league. Any team exiting the league for the 2013 season must give the conference notice by August 15, 2012.

Fan Travel.
Proximity of competing schools helps fuel intense regional rivalries. In most cases, these rivalries began far before ESPN and other networks began televising college athletics on a regular basis. Therefore it was important to fill large stadiums and reduce travel costs to maintain athletic budgets. Television contracts now provide a guaranteed source or revenue regardless of fan attendance. Revenue aside, attendance is still important to other aspects of the game, such as recruiting and home field advantage. However, the steady flow of TV revenue allows for teams to join conferences with member institutions separated by thousands of miles. Cheap commercial air travel now allows for fan travel beyond what may have been previously deemed too far.

Grant of Rights.
A grant of rights is an agreement between a conference and its member institutions to legally give the conference all control over each school’s individual media rights for a specified amount of time. Without permission from the conference, a school which has signed over its grant of rights may not transfer their media rights to another conference in the event a school leaves the original conference. This provided sound stability for a conference which may otherwise be concerned about future member defections. In light of the defections of Colorado, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Missouri, the BigXII and its members agreed to the grant of rights method to stabilize the conference. The ACC does not hold a grant of rights from its members. Instead the members simply agree to allow the conference to negotiate TV contracts on their behalf.

Long Horn Network.
Network formed by a partnership of ESPN and the University of Texas to broadcast the third tier media rights of the Texas Longhorns. Under the BigXII’s TV contract with ESPN and Fox Sports, all member institutions within the BigXII are permitted to form similar networks and retain the income provided by. (see third tier rights)

Notre Dame.
The last remaining major independent football program. Currently they enjoy a special status within the BCS structure for automatic BCS bowl game consideration if they meet a series of criteria involving ranking and season record. Under various proposals for a four-team BCS playoff, Notre Dame may have a more difficult path to the playoff and associated payout. This may be remediated by Notre Dame placing their football program in a conference with a high RPI (see BCS Playoff RPI)

Third Tier Rights.
The potential televised sporting events not picked up by a conference’s primary and secondary media partner for national or regional production. The first tier includes matchups that have a national interest. Second tier matchups with a significant regional interest, and third tier events may only draw the interest of the two schools competing. The current ACC TV contract controls media rights on all tiers. The BigXII's TV contract only governs first and second tiers and allows teams to manage their own third tier rights however they choose."

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good post edisto.....man i had no idea the big 12 pays for all the travel cost.....sounds like all good things for clemson/fsu

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree with the guys saying that beating vt,nc state,clemson and miami should be enough to get fsu in the play-offs from the acc,but that is just me....vt/clemson are solid but who knows what will happen to miami

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I had to guess, bcs formulas won't change much and top 4 in the bcs are in with possibility of conf champs in top 6 getting in above non conf champs. That is what I've read and tHink will happen. An undefeated acc champ will be in the top 4 so your arguments about the acc being left out of the playoffs are trollish and it'll never happen. nothing wrong with healthy debate on an interesting subject but let's be realistic...there are just as many (if not more) valid arguments against them leaving than for them leaving..the only decent argument that you have is money....and regardless of what people think, it's about much more than money

I don't see much expansion happening (other than more possible big east/mid major movement) until Norte dame makes a move. If Notre dame comes to the acc, I don't expect anyone to leave

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think there is any real chance a conference champ from the ACC getting into a playoff. None. Even if i think its just as good as the PAC 12 the perception, IMO is that the PAC is better overall and their top teams are better than the ACCs. With the addition of Notre Dame, the media would probably start to treat the ACC better, but if the ACC doesn't get ND i don't know why VT, Clemson, and FSU would bother staying in the conference. The football is going to keep getting worse to when the ACC is lowest tier conference out of all the "power" 5/6 or whatever because recruits are going to want to go elsewhere so they can go to the national title

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I should've clarified. An undefeated acc champ will.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess, bcs formulas won't change much and top 4 in the bcs are in with possibility of conf champs in top 6 getting in above non conf champs. That is what I've read and tHink will happen. An undefeated acc champ will be in the top 4 so your arguments about the acc being left out of the playoffs are trollish and it'll never happen. nothing wrong with healthy debate on an interesting subject but let's be realistic...there are just as many (if not more) valid arguments against them leaving than for them leaving..the only decent argument that you have is money....and regardless of what people think, it's about much more than money

I don't see much expansion happening (other than more possible big east/mid major movement) until Norte dame makes a move. If Notre dame comes to the acc, I don't expect anyone to leave

really like fsu/clemson and others being mad at the tv deal and the fact they dont get 3rd tier rights for football while duke,unc and others get 3rd tier rights for basketball....your right its more than just money they want to be in a football conference and get away form tobacco road

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not my arguments try reading some stuff please.....they have run the numbers and the last 10 years if they used the new rules the acc would have only been in the play-offs once FACT...those rules being the top 3 con-champs and one WC