• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frost: Yes or No

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost didn't forget how to coach. Give him the two more years and see how it goes.
I don't believe Frost has forgotten how to coach. That's X's and O's.

His problem is he doesn't have any Jimmies and Joes...to run the offense he wants
to have.

When Nebraska as in the Big 12, they could recruit 10 or 15 Texas players a year, and
those players would know that they would play in their home state 2 times a year. They
can't be promised that now.

I believe there are as many 6-man and 8-man HS football teams in Nebraska as
there are 11-man teams. That doesn't help.

I don't think he's gonna be fired, but he needs some skill and speed, that they just don't have at
the moment.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe Frost has forgotten how to coach. That's X's and O's.

His problem is he doesn't have any Jimmies and Joes...to run the offense he wants
to have.

When Nebraska as in the Big 12, they could recruit 10 or 15 Texas players a year, and
those players would know that they would play in their home state 2 times a year. They
can't be promised that now.

I believe there are as many 6-man and 8-man HS football teams in Nebraska as
there are 11-man teams. That doesn't help.

I don't think he's gonna be fired, but he needs some skill and speed, that they just don't have at
the moment.
You're an ignorant tool. Stick to Florida St semen-hole football and stop passing bad information to others. You know the information is available to you to verify your thoughts, but you instead choose not to take the time to verify before spewing your ignorant nonsense.

2010: 5 tejas
2009: 9 tejas
2008: 9 tejas
2007: 7 tejas
2006: 1 tejas
2005: 3 texas
2004: 1 tejas
2003: 6 tejas
2002: 2 tejas
2001: 0 tejas
2000: 4 tejas
1999: 1 tejas

There ya have it. I did your homework for you. Even when Nebraska was playing for or winning National Titles in the 70's, 80's, and 90's they never had "10-15" tejas players on the team. EVER!!. The vast majority of Nebraska's O' and D' linemen, fullbacks, receivers, and LB's came out of 6 or 8 man football in those days.

Now kindly STFU with your stupidity.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have bet all my virtual money that you voted for Osborne.

He didn't even make it out of the primary. Nebraskan's love Tom Osborne, but not as much as they like their booze.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's problem is they have yet to adjust to the basic Big 10 style of play which is and always has been 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

The Big 10 is smash-mouth football. If you're not good in the trenches on either side of the ball, you're not gonna have a lot of success in conference play.
Well said, How many teams in B1G have been successful running the left coast or spread offense?? Let me think for a moment.

Ahh, none !!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said, How many teams in B1G have been successful running the left coast or spread offense?? Let me think for a moment.

Ahh, none !!!

Like I said in another thread... Penn St would have beaten Nebraska had they just stuck to the run late in the 4th quarter. For some reason Franklin lost his mind and went primarily pass on their last 2 possessions. He should have seen that in film prep.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I abstain due to lack of interest

GhostRiderRushville

Original Caravan Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,103,757.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott needs some honors college grad to go over the game film with him.
Add Honors to the staff and things will immediately improve.....but even if he doesn’t I’d still give Frost 15 years....

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska never should have fired Frank solich, and if Bo would have stayed in his Lane as Nebraska's defensive coordinator we would have a lot of success I'm sure Frank and Bo in the Big ten would bee highly successful. The problem is the powers that be once they fired Frank didn't realize that they blew up like 40 years of recruiting in roads. You can't just go out and get something like that. Then you combine that with head coaching turnover and completely flip-flopping on offense and defensive strategy nobody's going to want to come to Nebraska when they're not guaranteed that their coach is going to make it four years to their graduation. Jim tressel built a wall around Ohio when it came to recruits he was also able to tap into surrounding hot beds very beneficial to the Ohio State. Nebraska doesn't have anything like that anywhere close so we need it all to help we can get and that was just crumpled up and thrown away. I have faith and frost I would like to see him add some former coaches as analysts the way Nick saban does. Ed will must champ to the staff just to get a completely different perspective on the game. The problem with having a coaching staff that always thinks alike is that you're not challenging each other with new innovative ideas or at least you're not seeing the scenario from a new or different perspective.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind if Frost added will Muschamp to the staff as an analyst just to get a different set of eyes on the thing.But then again I don't know how helpful or hindrance that could be

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious. Would you say that Nebraska is getting the same quality of recruits in the Big 10 as when they were in the Big 12? Nebraska was a destination for Texas players when they were in the Big 12. Now it's Ohio State.

Nebraska is not going to succeed in the Big 10, but makes money. More success is likely in the Big 12, but less money. As a fan, which is better.

It's kind of like the recruiting rankings. The top 4-6 every year in recruiting truly get the difference makers and immediate depth. 7-14 is second tier, After that is a lot of variables. So no, the recruits Nebraska got out of Texas aren't the difference maker. Hell, Texas can't win with them.

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind if Frost added will Muschamp to the staff as an analyst just to get a different set of eyes on the thing.But then again I don't know how helpful or hindrance that could be

Jeebus, that's not going to happen. As intelligent as Husker fans are there is always one.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he really complain to the refs that the Iowa team was making too much noise clapping while they were sitting on the bench?

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he really complain to the refs that the Iowa team was making too much noise clapping while they were sitting on the bench?
Kind of makes you wonder how he handled playing in full stadiums preCOVID.