• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frost 2 Year Contract Extension

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/16/nebraska-scott-frost-contract-extension

I don't understand this. :noidea:

He had 5 years remaining on the initial 7 year deal at $5 million/year.

With that amount of time it would have little if nothing to do with keeping recruits confidence.

I heard rumor about Florida St, but that's hard to believe. Florida St is broke, they wouldn't be able to afford his buyout on top of paying him at least the same $5 million/year.

I'm behind Frost 100%, but if he can't turn things around in the original 7 years allotted, then they need to look elsewhere.
The team has made zero gains since his first year. If anything last year's team would beat this year's team.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a recruiting statement. 4*s in town and slick Willie just fired for back to back 4 win seasons. Timing makes sense to me

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a recruiting statement. 4*s in town and slick Willie just fired for back to back 4 win seasons. Timing makes sense to me

Any croot coming in now sees a 5 years more on his contract. If he red shirts than Frost will be his head coach the entire time.
If it's just for crootin' add one more year to the 5 remaining then.

Are a couple of croots worth another $10 million?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this is something that could have been an email rather than a bonus at this point

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all be honest if Frost is not frost and say it was Mike Riley. We would all have our pitchforks in hand

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all be honest if Frost is not frost and say it was Mike Riley. We would all have our pitchforks in hand

The Nice guy should have never been a head coach here at Nebraska he wasn't even close to being worthy of this place, and when the chickenshit Eichorst hired him it was the nail in the coffin for him. Pelini left the Nice guy better off than the nice guy left Frost a total shit stain.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nice guy should have never been a head coach here at Nebraska he wasn't even close to being worthy of this place, and when the chickenshit Eichorst hired him it was the nail in the coffin for him. Pelini left the Nice guy better off than the nice guy left Frost a total shit stain.

It's all right here.

Mike Riley

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/16/nebraska-scott-frost-contract-extension

I don't understand this. :noidea:

He had 5 years remaining on the initial 7 year deal at $5 million/year.

With that amount of time it would have little if nothing to do with keeping recruits confidence.

I heard rumor about Florida St, but that's hard to believe. Florida St is broke, they wouldn't be able to afford his buyout on top of paying him at least the same $5 million/year.

I'm behind Frost 100%, but if he can't turn things around in the original 7 years allotted, then they need to look elsewhere.
The team has made zero gains since his first year. If anything last year's team would beat this year's team.
To me it is 100% about recruiting. We are staring down the barrel of 3 4-8 seasons 2 of which are Frosts. This says hey we have no plans to can this guy prematurely and have 100% faith in his vision for the program.

I get that typically you say "well he has enough years" but the last 4 coaches have been cut short of their years left on contract so when you re-up after poor team performance it signals faith in the coach to get it right once the house is cleaned and set right.

my $0.02

Prolly been said as i dont think this line of thought is original but im replying anyway :D

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not just as a SELLING point to recruits, but you know everyone going for the same kids as us (other schools) is going to be saying look frost just went 4-8 two seasons in a row, you think you'll ever play for him like that? Now we can say, um yea just got an extension so that is a clear signal that you are full of it scUM etc... You have to think counter argument when the other schools start talkin shit and trying to use current record to scare them away from being able to make an immediate impact for us.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Red_Alert said:

Brasky seem seemed to like the hire??

Red_Alert, you talk funny!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red_Alert said:

Brasky seem seemed to like the hire??

Red_Alert, you talk funny!

I didn't say that, you fucking idiot.

@psaboy obviously messed up the quote feature.

Why else would he quote the original post "It's all right here. Mike Riley" twice?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t mind it. Maybe there were some recruits that were concerned Frost wouldn’t make it to the end of his original contract. Perhaps some recruits voiced those concerns behind the scenes. We would never hear that kinda stuff.

Adding 2 years would immediately alleviate those concerns.

Also by year 5 we’re gonna be holdin the platty anyways so doesn’t matter en sech :noidea:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sure, miss contractor.

Shut your cock holster, glory hole boi.

Ain't you got some grande turds to fish outta your sump pump?