• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front & Center

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Show: 5 Mid-Round Options at Center

Fourth Round: Lloyd Cushenberry III, LSU
One of my favorite middle-round candidates in the entire draft, no matter the position. Cushenberry is a gem in an otherwise lackluster interior offensive line class. He dominated the Senior Bowl and was by-far the highest climbing offensive lineman on my draft board after a 75%-win rate on his snaps in Mobile. Battle tested throughout the SEC schedule, the 6-foot-3 312-pound redshirt junior pushed around talent like South Carolina's Javon Kinlaw and Auburn's Derrick Brown, all while paving the way for one of the most prolific offenses in college football history. There are a couple reasons that would drop Cushenberry to day three including his production drop off from 2018 to 2019 and his below-average pass blocking. But his frame and motor are more than ready for the next level where he will win against some of the best in the league. He would need to be a Joe Philbin special on the offensive line and win some battles in camp, but I like his potential.

I found this read pretty interesting.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher report has a new mock and it has the the Cowboys drafting Cesar Ruiz C, Michigan at 17. Seems early to me. The need is obvious. So I did spend the time to watch film and I see serious potential. I expected to be not impressed with what I would see, but it was just the opposite. He looked good against Alabama and Alabama has good Defensive Tackles. I watched other games as well and I saw him doing the same things. He has a great anchor.

They say games are won in the trenches and those few seasons before Frederick were not good at all at Center for the Cowboys or the entire OL in general. If we were to trade down a little I would not be that disappointed if we drafted Ruiz. I think he would quickly develop into a pro bowl type Center. He is damn good and I think if he bulks up a little he would be totally dominant,but as is he is much better than any current guys on the roster. He is technically very sound and if we took him even at 17 I would not be that upset. He looks like the real deal

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Draft Show: 5 Mid-Round Options at Center

Fourth Round: Lloyd Cushenberry III, LSU
One of my favorite middle-round candidates in the entire draft, no matter the position. Cushenberry is a gem in an otherwise lackluster interior offensive line class. He dominated the Senior Bowl and was by-far the highest climbing offensive lineman on my draft board after a 75%-win rate on his snaps in Mobile. Battle tested throughout the SEC schedule, the 6-foot-3 312-pound redshirt junior pushed around talent like South Carolina's Javon Kinlaw and Auburn's Derrick Brown, all while paving the way for one of the most prolific offenses in college football history. There are a couple reasons that would drop Cushenberry to day three including his production drop off from 2018 to 2019 and his below-average pass blocking. But his frame and motor are more than ready for the next level where he will win against some of the best in the league. He would need to be a Joe Philbin special on the offensive line and win some battles in camp, but I like his potential.

I found this read pretty interesting.
Cushenberry looks good. He is versatile and could play guard as well as center. I do think the Cowboys have issues on the interior of the OL,specifically LG and Center. Losing Frederick is bad and to be honest Connor William's is not good at LG. will the Cowboys use more high picks on OL? Cushenberry looks like 3rd or 4th round talent. I like what I see from Cushenberry. In 2018 Dak really could not step up in the pocket because Looney was getting bull rushed. Now Looney did not look terrible in pass protection but he was far from stellar. Looney is a backup and the pocket was rarely "clean" in pass protection in 2018. Looney IMO was not good as a run blocker in 2018.
Cushenberry is a good run blocker. and the Cowboys would be making a mistake by not addressing the OL IMO. I like Cushenberry and he played against top talent in College which is important.. up until now I was really not considering drafting OL,but the interior OL other than Martin is not good enough.