• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

From Dandy Don's website 7/31/14

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning, Tiger Fans,

Coach Les Miles addressed a crowd of approximately 450 at the Baton Rouge Rotary Club yesterday and commented on several hot topics related to his team. I wasn’t able to attend, but I did read several accounts of what was said, and heard from a few of you who attended. The following is a summary of what I gathered.

The hottest topic, at least among Tiger fans, is the quarterback battle between sophomore Anthony Jennings and freshman Brandon Harris, and Coach Miles commented on it in his opening statements. Miles said that he looks forward to the competition between the two and will let it play out until the last minute before making a decision. He also reportedly said that Jennings has the advantage of experience but that Harris might be the more naturally talented of the two. As for depth at quarterback, Miles spoke highly of reserve quarterback and baseball outfielder Jared Foster, who Miles says is stronger and more capable than he was when he initially walked-on to the football team in 2012.

Coach Miles also commented on a few players whose status is in question. These include Trey Lealaimatafao, who Miles said probably won’t play this season, and fellow freshman defensive lineman Travonte Valentine who Miles confirmed is awaiting clearance from the NCAA clearinghouse. As for defensive back Jalen Mills, Miles said that East Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore is still deciding whether to charge Mills and he called the situation very unfortunate, adding that someone came to Mills’ apartment and pursued him. From what I gather, nothing was said about Devon Godchaux, the player who was recently issued a summons for reportedly throwing a fire cracker into a campus apartment and starting a small fire. What’s interesting is that three of the four players whose status is in question are freshmen defensive tackles who could battle for playing time as a reserve at a position lacking in experience.

Miles also spoke about his star freshman running back, Leonard Fournette, calling him the fastest or second-fastest player on his team. That’s pretty impressive considering he’s 6-1, 230 pounds. Of course, that begs the question, “If Fournette is not the fastest on the team, who is?” The answer is freshman wide receiver DJ Chark of Alexandria. In my opinion, Chark may just be the biggest sleeper in the stellar 2014 signing class. Chark was only a three-star recruit, but I’ve heard nothing but praise for the young man since he’s arrived at LSU.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post. I do expect to see Harris starting games this season especially if we get off to a rough start.