• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Friedgen to Rutgers OC

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former GT OC Ralph Friedgen is apparently heading to Rutgers for next year to become their OC.

(Why is this GT news?)

If he can make visible improvements to Rutgers and Johnson can't get GT turned around, this could be a sort of interview for the GT head coaching position.

(Yes, I know I am stretching this a LOT)

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen Rutgers conference schedule: Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Nebraska. I doubt Rutgers will be bowl eligible anytime soon.

I feel that Friedgen is done as a coach, Really not worth going after especially if you're trying revamp your program. I think Ted Roof took the D-coord job to position himself to be the head coach after CPJ, and he has a lot of alumni support

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Georgia Tech should be going after a coach that already has already shown his ceiling (he's above average. He's shown that he can do well, but he's also shown that he can do very bad) in the ACC as a head coach.

Also, Rutgers and Maryland in the Big Ten is going to take quite some time to get used to (I also don't think they're going to deliver the targeted markets that Jim Delaney is/was hoping that they will.)

BC, Syracuse and Pitsburgh are generally regarded as Big East schools and still are by a lot of people.

BC was in the Big East for 25 years. Pittsburgh was in the Big East for 31 years. Syracuse was in the Big East for 34 years.

Maryland, in comparison, was in the ACC for 61 years.

Last edited by a moderator: