• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Fri 11/28 Post Turkey/Food Coma Dubs @Cats 4p Tip

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anything slow this Dub team down? Apparently Dub players spent the holiday at The Curry's.

Maybe Dell gave some of them some shooting lessons?

Slight Chance that D.Lee plays tonight, more than likely he won't be activated until the HomeStand.

The Dub winning streak grows to 8 tonight? Besides the Turkey, what's your favorite Turkey day food? I would have to say for me its the mash potatoes with gravy... I could eat that 24/7 :pound:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radar took over tonight , Dubs 8 in a row! Next win coming Sunday :nod:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting to where it will be a genuine shock the next time the Ws lose. Unless they are playing a really good opponent, it feels like they will win every game they are 'supposed' to.

I know that's not true but I bet they only lose like 2-3 games at most the rest of the year to teams that finish below .500. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's 0.

This of course is only happening if they stay healthy at their key positions: Curry, Bogut, Thompson

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who had Marreese Speights as being a vital piece to the Warriors success. Huge game tonight, a number of good performances. 12.6ppg 4.4reb, 60%FG. I'm pleasantly surprised and hope he can sustain some of his play. Could be taking some minutes away from Lee when he comes back.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hornets gambled that Speights couldn't keep on making 15-18 foot jumpers and they were wrong. Hats off to the guys for feeding him when he was open.

The team seemed a little listless tonight, standing still a bit too much, but they pulled it out. I was impressed to see us win this game despite how things really got away from us for a while there.

I thought Curry was going to have another big game again when his first three swished home. Thank goodness for every one of his free throws late in the game.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who had Marreese Speights as being a vital piece to the Warriors success. Huge game tonight, a number of good performances. 12.6ppg 4.4reb, 60%FG. I'm pleasantly surprised and hope he can sustain some of his play. Could be taking some minutes away from Lee when he comes back.

I'm going to say its a combination of things

• D.Lee being hurt
  • FE not being NBA ready to start the year
  • Bogut getting into foul trouble
  • AI#9 being ineffective
  • Teammates recognizing Speights is on fire

Love the fact that the team kept force feeding Radar last night, its funny, a small would run a simple P & R at the top of the key and Jefferson or whatever big was guarding Radar would sag of each and every time, you would think after seeing 3 jumpers fall, you would want to press up more. :yahoo:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Speights is a serviceable defender in the paint, he's always been a good shooter and as the GS announcers like to say, he is in the game to shoot the ball. They joke that when Speights can see that he's about to get taken out of the game that he makes sure that he gets in another shot before they can take him out. It's great when you have guys who know when to shoot or pass, but every team needs a second team guy who can and will shoot the ball when the opportunity presents itself. The worst thing that can happen to second teamers is when guys are afraid to shoot. Like Bogut said about Kerr trying to get him to look for his offense more, an act like that can mean a whole lot even to players in the NBA. Speights understands that his role on the Dubs is to infuse some offense into the second team. Others understand that they are in there to get the ball moving, to get others involved in the game, while some guys are in the game solely to play defense and rebound. Everybody's got a role and if they accept their roles in order to sacrifice for the team, then everybody wins. AI#9 seems to be accepting his role on the team as a second unit guy. He's obviously been practicing his 3-point shot, knowing that the Warriors really are a team that thrives on taking open 3s. Iggy still plays hard on defense, which shows that he's accepted his role on the team and that he's willing to use his skills to help out as much as he can.

The team seems to have great chemistry. No one seems to be stuck on how many minutes or shots they get, or at least they don't show it. I think that Kerr must have handled these matters with great care in order to get everyone to buy into what he's trying to do as their coach....things that are in the best interest of the team's overall goals.

I'm predicting that the Dubs next loss will be at Chicago. It would be a great win because they play at home 2 days before the Chicago game before traveling to Chicago for an away game.

Sorry that I write so much. I'm retired and bored.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting that the Dubs next loss will be at Chicago. It would be a great win because they play at home 2 days before the Chicago game before traveling to Chicago for an away game.

Sorry that I write so much. I'm retired and bored.

That would mean the Dubs beat Det, Orl, and NO, extending their win streak to 11. I can live with that.

If they keep playing up to their level and finding ways to win, I wouldn't bet against the Dubs extending this streak further at this point. CHI is a funny team, Gasol certainly makes them better, but without Deng, and Rose (injuries), they aren't "elite" as we like to say. Its going to be interesting to see if Butler resigns with them in the offseason.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck has gotten into Maurice Speights? Dude looks like Larry Bird out there.