• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will use this thread to post FA stuff I find

Per ESPN Dolphins Beat Writer, James Walker, Jordan Cameron is visiting with the Dolphins today - Would be a good backup plan if we lose Clay

@JamesWalkerNFL · 37m37 minutes ago
Free-agent TE Jordan Cameron is making his official visit to the #Dolphins today, according to a team source.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now would they look at Jennings obviously at a lower cap hit than the Vikes had him for or find another WR in the draft?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins signed Jermon Bushrod. He's an OT that could make the transition to OG and make an impact for the team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trend has been to add quality players without having to pay top dollar and overpay. The Fins are filling lots of needs before the draft. Unless Mathis' price has went down since last year he may be too expensive. Bushrod is on a 1 yr contract. I think he claims an OG spot & that leaves multiple players competing for 1 open spot. Turner & Douglas would be the front runners probably at RG. The team could still draft another guy to compete also.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bushrod has never played OG in his career and is struggling with back issues. He is a depth signing at this point. Mathis or Jahri Evans would fill the need and be cheaper d/t age.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bushrod's health could stop him from claiming a spot but I don't see a switch to OG being that much of an issue for the former pro-bowl player. Playing OG doesn't require as much of the quick footwork as a tackle has to have. If Bushrod still has the raw power I think he adjusts easier than many expect. He's built for it at 6'5 320 lbs. It's interesting that the Fins have signed three veterans recently that have SB rings. I think it's helpful for the team to have these guys on the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trend has been to add quality players without having to pay top dollar and overpay. The Fins are filling lots of needs before the draft. Unless Mathis' price has went down since last year he may be too expensive. Bushrod is on a 1 yr contract. I think he claims an OG spot & that leaves multiple players competing for 1 open spot. Turner & Douglas would be the front runners probably at RG. The team could still draft another guy to compete also.
"
The Dolphins don’t seem to be learning their lesson. They grabbed the top free agent on the market last season, Ndamukong Suh, and slipped to 6-10 after two straight 8-8 seasons.

So instead of trying to build through the draft, the Dolphins are again making noise in free agency while moving down five spots in the first round of the draft for two players who were disappointments in Philadelphia.

The Eagles traded cornerback Byron Maxwell and inside linebacker Kiko Alonso to the Dolphins and in return swapped first-round picks with Miami, moving from 13th to eighth. Maxwell intercepted two passes last season after signing a six-year, $63 million contract. Alonso had one interception last season and missed five games with a knee injury. Pro Football Focus, via Rotoworld, ranked Alonso 49th out of 60 inside linebackers in 2015.

What makes this deal even worse for the Dolphins is that a team needing a running back has moved ahead of them in the draft. The Eagles traded DeMarco Murray to the Titans and now have a shot at Ezekiel Elliott. Meanwhile, the Dolphins are making a play for C.J. Anderson, who hasn’t carried the ball more than 179 times in a season."
Ten worst moves since NFL’s free agency market opened

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc,

It's interesting that you mention CJ Anderson. He has had great games against the Pats. He's a proven performer in the playoffs and he always seems to have big games vs the Pats. RE Alonso: Are you aware that as a rookie just a couple of years ago he was defensive rookie of the year at LB? If he gets close to what he's accomplished in the past he will help the Fins. RE Maxwell: I remember him starting at CB and being a part of a dominant defense. Every year you make comments about the Fins decisions and every year the Fins beat the Pats once during the season. This year two wins vs the Pats would be great. We'll see how it goes...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc,

It's interesting that you mention CJ Anderson. He has had great games against the Pats. He's a proven performer in the playoffs and he always seems to have big games vs the Pats. RE Alonso: Are you aware that as a rookie just a couple of years ago he was defensive rookie of the year at LB? If he gets close to what he's accomplished in the past he will help the Fins. RE Maxwell: I remember him starting at CB and being a part of a dominant defense. Every year you make comments about the Fins decisions and every year the Fins beat the Pats once during the season. This year two wins vs the Pats would be great. We'll see how it goes...
I expect improvement from the Dolphins this year - and a likely split with NE.
The improvement won't be based on the absurd free agency mistakes.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Fins lost out on signing RB CJ Anderson, RB Jay Ajayi should get his chance to show he can be a #1 RB or at least split carries. I thought he was one of the most underrated players in last years draft. I am sure the Fins will still add another RB. If they want a FA RB Alfred Morris could be a solid choice. He had an off year last year but he had 3 very good years before that in the NFL. I think it had to do with the Redskins scheme moreso than his talents. I think a draft prospect that could be a solid choice at the next level is Kenneth Dixon from LA Tech. He has good game speed and he has excellent hands. There other very good RB's in the draft class but the Fins need to land a top CB with the first pick. If they think OG could be all set then the 2nd round pick could be used. If a player like Derrik Henry from Bama were to slide into the 2nd round he'd be a very solid choice to share carries with Ajayi. The Fins will probably keep Damian Williams for added depth at the position.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Fins lost out on signing RB CJ Anderson, RB Jay Ajayi should get his chance to show he can be a #1 RB or at least split carries. I thought he was one of the most underrated players in last years draft. I am sure the Fins will still add another RB. If they want a FA RB Alfred Morris could be a solid choice. He had an off year last year but he had 3 very good years before that in the NFL. I think it had to do with the Redskins scheme moreso than his talents. I think a draft prospect that could be a solid choice at the next level is Kenneth Dixon from LA Tech. He has good game speed and he has excellent hands. There other very good RB's in the draft class but the Fins need to land a top CB with the first pick. If they think OG could be all set then the 2nd round pick could be used. If a player like Derrik Henry from Bama were to slide into the 2nd round he'd be a very solid choice to share carries with Ajayi. The Fins will probably keep Damian Williams for added depth at the position.
Yep it's too bad but they tried. Agree about Morris would be a good fit. I'd draft either CB, LB or DE in that order oline wouldn't be bad but preferred after first round.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it's too bad but they tried. Agree about Morris would be a good fit. I'd draft either CB, LB or DE in that order oline wouldn't be bad but preferred after first round.
Why is Morris not getting any interest around the league?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Morris not getting any interest around the league?
I'm not sure maybe he has baggage? Couldn't be worse than a guy like Blount and teams are interested in him...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure maybe he has baggage? Couldn't be worse than a guy like Blount and teams are interested in him...
Serious question. I've heard nothing about baggage - nothing bad at all. So why are teams "ignoring" him?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question. I've heard nothing about baggage - nothing bad at all. So why are teams "ignoring" him?
Doesn't catch the ball, which is a must in Gase's offense for a RB. He also has had a TON of carries since he entered the league.