• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency thread

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loving the starting rotation now. Fielder rumors are still flying around. Adding him could escalate this team to contenders this year instead of waiting for 2013.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw in Edwin Jackson now too. Nats got some serious starting pitching depth. I hear we're tryin to trade Lannan, maybe for a CF?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw in Edwin Jackson now too. Nats got some serious starting pitching depth. I hear we're tryin to trade Lannan, maybe for a CF?

Yup, but I'm not sure what we could get for Lannan. I don't see us getting a starting quality CF without throwing in a prospect or 2.

I have a feeling we may trade for a filler in CF and try to make a signing next season. I also think we need to do something about SS. I don't like Desmond as a long-term option. I'm interested to see what we do with Rendon since Rizzo said we're playing him at 3B.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, but I'm not sure what we could get for Lannan. I don't see us getting a starting quality CF without throwing in a prospect or 2.

I have a feeling we may trade for a filler in CF and try to make a signing next season. I also think we need to do something about SS. I don't like Desmond as a long-term option. I'm interested to see what we do with Rendon since Rizzo said we're playing him at 3B.

I heard the same about Rendon, and not just from Rizzo. Several scouts have said he is a 3rd baseman all the way. I cant possibly see them letting Zim go when he's a free agent, but the only position I could see him move to is 1st base, not sure how he'd feel about that.

As for CF, Nats signed Ankiel, could platoon with Mike Cameron. I wonder whats gonna happen with Bernadina. Spring training is gonna be very intriguing, lots of questions to be answered, and quite possibly a trade of some sort. Im pumped for it. We havent even mentioned the name Bryce Harper yet.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only connection of significance to the Nats has been Dempster. I don't see it happening, though. Apparently the Braves struck a deal, but Dempster may be using his no-trade clause.

BTW... when the hell did Dempster start leading the league in ERA? Good lord the Cubs are bad.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure dempster is worth what Atlanta is giving up to get him. I think he's pitching over his head and he's due for regression. Not sure about the nats, but what are their needs?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, to be honest, they don't have any dire needs. With Wilson Ramos out for the year, catcher is probably the biggest hole right now, but Flores has filled in well enough. Catcher isn't a position that can be filled in the trade deadline, and Nats have stated that any trades made will be looking towards the long-term.

The biggest issue will be in September when (if?) Strasburg is shut down and we are left with Lannan for rest of the season. Once playoffs hit Lannan probably won't factor in, but they need to get there first.

I do agree Dempster is in over his head. 35 years old and having his best season ever? I won't be surprised when he ends the season with an era over 3.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, to be honest, they don't have any dire needs. With Wilson Ramos out for the year, catcher is probably the biggest hole right now, but Flores has filled in well enough. Catcher isn't a position that can be filled in the trade deadline, and Nats have stated that any trades made will be looking towards the long-term.

The biggest issue will be in September when (if?) Strasburg is shut down and we are left with Lannan for rest of the season. Once playoffs hit Lannan probably won't factor in, but they need to get there first.

I do agree Dempster is in over his head. 35 years old and having his best season ever? I won't be surprised when he ends the season with an era over 3.

I think we need to be resigned that it is definitely when, not if. Rizzo has been very clear that this is going to happen, and that no one is going to talk him out of it.

I also don't trust Dempster. He's a good pitcher, but he is not as good as he has been this year, not worth giving up anything significant to get him...for either us or the Braves. I also agree with Lumbee that there isn't really an immediate go get them "need" right now. Flores has been really good as a defensive catcher, but his offense has struggled. Leon seems to be able to hit, but struggles catching the ball at times. I can't really complain about either of them though, considering I don't think the Nats thought they'd have to go 6 deep at catcher this year.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats made a qualifying offer of $13.3 million to Adam LaRoche. He has until 5:00 pm, Nov. 9, to decide whether or not to accept. Nats did not give one to Edwin Jackson.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Nats get Denard Span for Alex Meyer. I guess Harper moves to LF, Morse to 1B and LaRoche moves on.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. There's a reason why the Nats have been after him for a couple years. We finally got our CF/leadoff guy.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Dan Haren to the Nats? If he's healthy, i think it's awesome.