• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency So Far

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but I'd likely pass on all of them if someone like Elam was there...not only does he fill an immediate need, he's well graded for that pick as well...so it comes down to what the Bengals will prefer, but IMO with the depth of OL in this draft class - and knowing that Carmen is getting every shot to play LG - I think they would love to go with defense if the right guy is there - or even trade down.

One guy I really like is the DT from UConn, Jones...he played NT for them, but I think he could really be an upgrade as a 3-tech guy next to Reader. His pressure rate was actually very good for a NT, and I think would be even better as a 3-tech. Plus, he would also be a big body that can also stop the run as well. Perfect trade off for pairing him with Hill as the "rush" DT, and even with Hendrickson, and the return of Ossai, and others, that allows a guy like Hubbard to slide in at DT on other rushing downs, or you can even use Jones as another DE in a 3-3-5 setting who can hold up against the run while offering some good pass-rush in certain packages.

I don't think he's a 31st pick guy - so he would be a target if the Bengals were able to trade down assuming no one is really there at 31 - pick up another late 3rd potentially, or likely a 4th - and then you can tap into some of that depth this draft offers.
I wasn't saying they would pass on another position if it was a great value and met a need. I was just saying that those are the only guys I can see them drafting with 31 if other players are not on the board who they deem worthy of pick 31.