• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gives us an athletic pf who is a good passer and capable of hitting the long 2 or 3 pt shot.

This is exactly why we went with McRoberts over Hawes. This team, big 3 or not, needs all the versatility it can possibly get - this move does that.

Others may not be as surprised and may also be hoping for it - But it is quite surprising that out of the guards, the one you keep is Cole and start Napier.

As I have said, as has been the case with a lack of depth with the big men, people on here have often complained about the lack of depth at the guard position, so why not find a way to keep all our guards, Rio, Cole and Napier - This will help Lebron not have to wear down in that role so much unless really necessary.

That's a good mix of young players and veteran presence off the bench. If Lebron continues to play at an MVP level, slide Bosh into the #2 role (I think he could avg 19-21 ppg with more touches on a consistent basis), have Dwade play 27-28 mpg (rather than his usual 32) and we’re back as favorites to win the East for the next 3-4 years

This is on point

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I missed all of the signings earlier, was out with the girlfriend. Anway....

Paolo is right about Bosh. It would make sense for Bosh to go to Houston (he didn't mention it, but I will) as he would fit in on offense better over there. But screw it, I want Bosh to stay in Miami. That guy is little drama and a consummate professional who doesn't bitch about his reduced role. As Paolo said, I will root Bosh on whether he's with the Heat or not; although that depends if he goes to the Knicks, Lakers, etc.

Lebron on the other hand is the main reason the Heat have won 2 of the last 3 titles. But to me, I can't cheer him on if he leaves. I wasn't that big of a fan of his when he was with Cleveland. I also can't cheer him on when he appeases those saber-tooth **** nuggets over in Ohio and their douche bag owner in Gilbert. Pat Riley has bent over backwards to appease Lebron. Everyone keeps mentioning how the Heat amnestied Miller to make money. It's bullshit. We had a depth of wing players in Jones, Battier, Ray Allen, and Rashard Lewis that filled in for Miller. Mike Miller wasn't going to make a difference against the Spurs. Not with the ass kicking they gave us.

I like the pick up of McRoberts and Granger. If Granger is healthy, then it's definitely worth the $2.4 mil per year. Roberts is a big who has a similar skill set than Bosh. Before anyone thinks I'm saying McRoberts is on the same level than Bosh, I'm not saying that at all.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron leaves I will cheer for him. Only time I wont is when he plays Miami. When Lebron showed up in Miami, we were first round fodder. We had been to the finals once. One title in our 20 year history. Now? We have 3 banners hanging. Been to the finals 5 times. Ive seen a Heat player win league MVP..twice. I defended his right to leave Cleveland and make his own way for his career. My tune wont change because he leaves Miami. I want him to stay. But for my own selfish reasons. I am a fan, it's what we do. But it's his career. His life. His choice. He owes us nothing.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as someone mentioned earlier, any talk of Lebron leaving for Cleveland or even listening to any other teams outside of the Heat - its all coming from his agent who met with these teams first.

So I dont think we can make much out of any rumors regarding Bron. Lets wait to make something when it is official.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he goes to the Knicks, Lakers, etc.

Obviously, if he goes to any of our main rivals or teams I severly hate, it will make it hard to root for him. I may still root for him but not the team he is on. Thats reasonable.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron leaves I will cheer for him. Only time I wont is when he plays Miami. When Lebron showed up in Miami, we were first round fodder. We had been to the finals once. One title in our 20 year history. Now? We have 3 banners hanging. Been to the finals 5 times. Ive seen a Heat player win league MVP..twice. I defended his right to leave Cleveland and make his own way for his career. My tune wont change because he leaves Miami. I want him to stay. But for my own selfish reasons. I am a fan, it's what we do. But it's his career. His life. His choice. He owes us nothing.

I just can't look past him going back to Cleveland. As I mentioned earlier, I appreciate everything he's done for the Heat; but it's a mutual relationship. Just.....fuck the Cavs, I hate that team and that city.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he also leaves the Heat for Cleveland again - He may need to live with body guards watching after him for the rest of his life.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
nice post and fair sentiment. So do you think he is leaving? Seems to me like many signs point to him leaving and many signs point to the Heat wanting him to stay desparately.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't owe us anything but don't tell Pat he should sign McRoberts to help with the bench if you're not coming back.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he stays. I don't think he is leaving. all these reports are ridiculous. his agent is listening? Lebron/Kyrie/Wiggins isn't enough to win titles. Kyrie to me is a bit overrated and who knows what Wiggins is. I don't even think that team would win the East if the bulls land Carmelo.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i view reports right now like i view reports coming out the few days before the NFL draft.. i try not to pay much attention to it. how much of this is misinformation trying to attract certain free agents away from other teams and towards another team. these sports writers sometimes have a hard time putting fandom away and run with a story because they want it to be true. i really don't know what to believe. right now i believe we have shabazz, cole, mcroberts, and granger. wade is also very likely to stay.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i view reports right now like i view reports coming out the few days before the NFL draft.. i try not to pay much attention to it. how much of this is misinformation trying to attract certain free agents away from other teams and towards another team. these sports writers sometimes have a hard time putting fandom away and run with a story because they want it to be true. i really don't know what to believe. right now i believe we have shabazz, cole, mcroberts, and granger. wade is also very likely to stay.

Exactly.

If you read too much into all the stories, rumors and reports it's going to drive you crazy. Only thing that matters at this point of the season are official signings.

- Shabazz Napier
- Josh McRoberts
- Danny Granger

None of them are sexy picks or signings, but all are quality adds to a team that just needs the right pieces and role players to compliment an already set championship foundation.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

If you read too much into all the stories, rumors and reports it's going to drive you crazy. Only thing that matters at this point of the season are official signings.

- Shabazz Napier
- Josh McRoberts
- Danny Granger

None of them are sexy picks or signings, but all are quality adds to a team that just needs the right pieces and role players to compliment an already set championship foundation.

I think Shabazz will be a significantly good PG in a couple of years. Just my take. Also, the way Ennis is shaping up in the summer league, he's looking like a steal at the 50th pick of last year's draft. Hopefully it isn't my homer glasses that are talking.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I was under the impression we had more cap room than we do. Thats frustrating, i was hoping for not a BIG splash, but an impact splash. Gasol, Ariza, etc. These guys certainly help though, and granger maybe can be rejuvenated. So tell me what I'm missing, if the big 3 returns right now we have this as our roster.

PG- Cole, Napier
SG- Wade,
SF- James, Granger, Ennis (likely)
PF- Bosh, McRoberts

resign haslem, convince ray ray to come back (I think he would), sign a vet pg to the min. Resign one of last year's projects (beasley or oden). And Resign birdman? Sign hamilton. We are still a little small, and IMO we need a guy who can play significant minutes in place of wade, Ray isn't that at this point.

not sure how much we have to spend outside of wade, bosh and lebron.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shabazz will be a significantly good PG in a couple of years. Just my take. Also, the way Ennis is shaping up in the summer league, he's looking like a steal at the 50th pick of last year's draft. Hopefully it isn't my homer glasses that are talking.

I think the big takeaway from summer league needs to be his shooting and defense. Thats the thing we have going for us, we aren't going to come in and expect him to be a ball handler or playmaker (at least not in the next year or 2). And I think this takes away too much homerism, because we aren't like "oh he scored 29 in summer league, now we just need him to come do that here". It's like "oh, hopefully he can give us a few minutes a game, knock down a shot or two, maybe make a play off the dribble If the D overplays, cut off the ball (those last two battier and Jones can't do) and be disruptive defensively , and maybe 2-3 years from now be a cheap dwade replacement" (obviously not that good though).

We knew he was a good athlete, rebounder. To see his shooting progress is huge. If he can hit 36-38% of his 3's over the course of a season he can be a HUGE asset because of the other things he can bring (D, rebounding, athleticism). So since we have tempered expectations and a good role for him to fit into, i don't think its at all unreasonable to be excited about Ennis.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More tweets from Ira Winderman:With Monday’s moves, Heat will pay no more than $10M in luxury tax (2.5 rate) this season, since, by rule, they can’t exceed $81M tax apronAs ironic as it sounds, the McRoberts signing at full mid-level effectively limits Heat to $81M hard cap due to the way CBA is written.The aforementioned assumes the Heat operate above the cap this season, which factors in team’s hope that Big Three return this season.Also, don't discount value of Mario Chalmers to Heat, since, at least, his $4M slot could be utilized in sign-and-trade for equivalent slot.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is the anniversary of The Decision. Carry on