• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would thank him for his services over the past four years and the two titles. Will remember him in a Heat uniform but won't be cheering for him going forward if he does leave. Just the facts.

I am with you on this big time

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing, even if we do bring back the big 3 or any other key contributor from this past seasons roster, and no matter who else we sign at this point, I really hope that Granger turns out to be one of our better pick ups this off-season. I always thought if healthy he could be a difference maker just as much if not more anyone on that roster to try to dethrone the Heat. He got hurt and they seem to value him less because of it - I think thats one of the reasons he came to Miami - so, hopefully he turns out to be our best signing and has career games when we play the Pacers.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas, LA Fakers, Cavs, and Wizards along with the Heat are rumored to be in play for Ariza

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW - the Granger signing likely spells the end of Mr. Beasley with the Heat unless Lebron bolts. There are articles and rumors out there that Lebron was not crazy about him due to his lack of focus and the same thing with Spolestra. Note that I believe that he would like to return. Seems like the Heat have done everything in their power to appease the Big 3. Specifically, replacing Beasley with Granger who Lebron has much respect for. Drafting Napier. Getting McRoberts whom I believe the Heat players were high on and allowing the Heat to give the Big 3 big salaries and also their existing players their bird rights and a salary bump....

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dallas, LA Fakers, Cavs, and Wizards along with the Heat are rumored to be in play for Ariza
If so, then this could mean that Lebron is moving on. Doubtful we would be looking to land Ariza at this point with the direction that we have gone in thus far. Seems like we are keeping our options open.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Reports now surfacing that Lebron's agent is pushing him toward Cleveland and that his mission was getting him to Cleveland....oh the intrigue continues.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also the two reported contracts also match up to the mid-level exemption and the two year exemption. which means Riley is expecting to go over the cap.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here are articles and rumors out there that Lebron was not crazy about him due to his lack of focus and the same thing with Spolestra.

Lebron complaining about someone elses lack of focus?

Not a smart move on his part really.

The Heat giving up on Beasley this time would be a giant mistake - He didnt even get a fair chance. I said it many times before, and though I may not have to say it for much longer, I will at least say it one more time - It is absolutely sad that a guy like Beas among others had to rot on the bench for so long and a guy like scrub battier unjustifiably got so many minutes both in the regular season and crucial playoff games that proved to be a costly move.

I do agree this might spell the end for Beas, but I hope thats not the case and gets a fair chance this coming season - He deserves it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports now surfacing that Lebron's agent is pushing him toward Cleveland and that his mission was getting him to Cleveland....oh the intrigue continues.

Saw that earlier today

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland "thinks" LeBron is listening? These headlines are getting dumber by the minute. My wife thinks I listen to her all the time too.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth mentioning: Its good to see Chris Bosh get the attention and offer of a big contract by the Rockets. Of course, I hope he returns to the Heat - But, I do hope that many other teams also come after him. He is by far the most under apperciated among the big 3 and probably gets the most harsh criticism. If he does go elsewhere, unlike Lebron, I would root for CB - He is a guy that is easy to root for no matter who your team is.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Ira:Figure on Riley-LeBron summit within next 24 hours, and likely not in Miami.FYI, neither McRoberts nor Granger would be "exception" deals if LeBron (or Bosh) left. Then would be space deals. Lots of moving parts.The fact that they've widely been classified as "exception" deals is somewhat telling. Can't use both space and those 2 types of exceptions.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
More Ira:Figure on Riley-LeBron summit within next 24 hours, and likely not in Miami.FYI, neither McRoberts nor Granger would be "exception" deals if LeBron (or Bosh) left. Then would be space deals. Lots of moving parts.The fact that they've widely been classified as "exception" deals is somewhat telling. Can't use both space and those 2 types of exceptions.
not sure what u mean here. These are just reports that they are exception deals. If so, it implies the Heat are working under the assumption that the 3 return. However, not really telling as I am not sure the Heat can operate fifferently at this juncture.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what u mean here.

I did not write this. Just sharing what Ira Winderman posted via twitter

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again , I didnt write this, but I think we all hope this does in fact mean they all return but you never know.

Riles said that the Heat didnt have to rebuild but retool, but if Lebron and/or Bosh are gone, even with still having Wade - The rebuilding process must begin asap.

I think that is the approach the team has to take to whatever degree possible(financially) be ready to add if the big 3 stick around, but also be ready to rebuild if they don’t.

Any and all rebuilding process take long and are bumpy roads, but the Heat have a good core of youngsters in Napier, Hamilton and Ennis to build around - We can add Cole to that list as he is still fairly young. Make sure these guys continue to grow as players, so that if and when they are needed for significant minutes, they can be quality contributors along with whatever the make up of the roster is.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Baumgard on twitter is just an average guy out there who has a website and writes all things Miami sports at every level - sometimes he says his share of nonsense that hurt our fan bases even more, but for the most part is good.

He warns not to make much of anything Chris Broussard of ESPN ever says about Lebron , good or bad - Broussard is an Ohio native who was just as bitter as anyone about him coming to Miami - though I know its tough to tell as Broussard doesnt rip LB as much as say Skip Baseless

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what u mean here. These are just reports that they are exception deals. If so, it implies the Heat are working under the assumption that the 3 return. However, not really telling as I am not sure the Heat can operate fifferently at this juncture.

you hit it on the head. the heat have to operate with the assumption that they will get the big 3 back until they don't... mcroberts and granger deals would fall into the exception category if we get them back. if not.. okay. then they are regular deals.. which leaves us with exceptions if we need them.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so, then this could mean that Lebron is moving on. Doubtful we would be looking to land Ariza at this point with the direction that we have gone in thus far. Seems like we are keeping our options open.

Why? I have said all along that for the right price Ariza is the perfect fit for this team! He'd be great in a small ball lineup, can guard the opposing team's best player to give LeBron some rest, and can play big minutes when Wade can't.

Having a guy like Ariza or Deng on this roster would fix a lot of problems we have.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I would've preferred Spencer Hawes, I like the McRoberts signing. He gives us an athletic pf who is a good passer and capable of hitting the long 2 or 3 pt shot.

Granger could potentially give us that wing off the bench at a cheap price. Low risk medium reward type of signing is how I see it.

Next step if we can't get Gasol or Ariza/Deng then I say we look towards Jordan Hill and Anthony Morrow/Marvin Williams

Bring in James Ennis and give him a chance. Possibly resign Rashard or Beas if they're willing to accept cheap contracts. Definitely look into bringing back Bird and Ray if they are willing to accept friendly deals.

PG Napier
SG Wade
SF Lebron
PF Bosh
C Hill

Bench
- Morrow
- McRoberts
- Bird/Haslem
- Ray
- Cole
- Granger
- Rashard/Beas/Ennis?

That's a good mix of young players and veteran presence off the bench. If Lebron continues to play at an MVP level, slide Bosh into the #2 role (I think he could avg 19-21 ppg with more touches on a consistent basis), have Dwade play 27-28 mpg (rather than his usual 32) and we're back as favorites to win the East for the next 3-4 years

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Why? I have said all along that for the right price Ariza is the perfect fit for this team! He'd be great in a small ball lineup, can guard the opposing team's best player to give LeBron some rest, and can play big minutes when Wade can't.

Having a guy like Ariza or Deng on this roster would fix a lot of problems we have.
Won't happen because there is a cap and Lebron and Bosh want close to max deals. We will not sign Ariza for $2 million a year. If we are still pursuing, it would likely mean that 1 or more of the big three are not returning.