• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FREDI GONZALEZ FIRED

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL :dance:

I think its a good move....but its like telling him to cook a steak with hamburger meat

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have been fired a long time ago, although I think it's silly to do it because he couldn't make something out of this roster.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That collapse in 2011, pulling Mike Minor after an infield single against the Yankees up 4-0 in the 8th inning, only to have Jonny Venters load the bases and give up a record breaking grand slam to Alex Rodriguez in 2012 should have been the end of the line for Fredi.

I've never liked how he's managed his bench or the bull pen.

It's just a shame that Bobby didn't retire like 2 years sooner so Ned Yost could have been our manager all this time.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_m8do7xrJIG1qf8btso1_400.gif

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Saban to Atlanta.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back Bobby Cox! Sure he's old and probably can't manage. But you know what he can do? Curse out Umps and get tossed. This team sucks so at least give us the excitement of a good, old fashioned Bobby Cox tantrum

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That collapse in 2011, pulling Mike Minor after an infield single against the Yankees up 4-0 in the 8th inning, only to have Jonny Venters load the bases and give up a record breaking grand slam to Alex Rodriguez in 2012 should have been the end of the line for Fredi.

I've never liked how he's managed his bench or the bull pen.

It's just a shame that Bobby didn't retire like 2 years sooner so Ned Yost could have been our manager all this time.

Freddie wasn't the greatest mgr as you pointed out, but the FO is getting exactly what they wanted......they knew attendance would be down after announcing the move to Cobb so they gutted the team.

This team will rival the '62 Mets.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddie wasn't the greatest mgr as you pointed out, but the FO is getting exactly what they wanted......they knew attendance would be down after announcing the move to Cobb so they gutted the team.

This team will rival the '62 Mets.

With the way Teheran, Wisler and Folty have been pitching lately, I think we'll finish with a better record than anyone thinks right now. I could see 70 wins, which is a bad season, but would be a slight move in the right direction.

But these two rebuild years have nothing to do with why Fredi should be fired. He should have been fired after 2014 at the very latest. People seem to forget just how horrible we were in the second half of 2014. Gutting that team wasn't exactly a tragedy, and we had the worst offense in the Majors in 2014 despite haveing the pieces we traded away.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move, but...Explain please.

I just meant that its a peculiar time to fire him if you expected him to do better than what the players he was given this year. I'm just surprised that it didn't happen at the end of last season.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just meant that its a peculiar time to fire him if you expected him to do better than what the players he was given this year. I'm just surprised that it didn't happen at the end of last season.

At the end of last season really wouldn't have made a lot of sense. No manager you'd want for the future would take the job knowing what his team will look like in his first year. Hire your manager in the offseason when next season's team likely has Dansby Swanson and Ozzie Albies as the double play tandem to go with Freeman, Inciarte and Mallex Smith.

I'm fine with the timing. Literally everyone on the team is very familiar with Brian Snitker. He's a great choice for intern manager, and if you need any proof that he's an upgrade over Fredi, an actual leadoff man is leading off now instead of Nick Markakis.

Snitker is will probably resume his duties as AAA manager next season and either Eddie Perez or Terry Pendleton will be our manager going forward.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of last season really wouldn't have made a lot of sense. No manager you'd want for the future would take the job knowing what his team will look like in his first year. Hire your manager in the offseason when next season's team likely has Dansby Swanson and Ozzie Albies as the double play tandem to go with Freeman, Inciarte and Mallex Smith.

I'm fine with the timing. Literally everyone on the team is very familiar with Brian Snitker. He's a great choice for intern manager, and if you need any proof that he's an upgrade over Fredi, an actual leadoff man is leading off now instead of Nick Markakis.

Snitker is will probably resume his duties as AAA manager next season and either Eddie Perez or Terry Pendleton will be our manager going forward.

Interim

:L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Teheran, Wisler and Folty have been pitching lately, I think we'll finish with a better record than anyone thinks right now. I could see 70 wins, which is a bad season, but would be a slight move in the right direction.

But these two rebuild years have nothing to do with why Fredi should be fired. He should have been fired after 2014 at the very latest. People seem to forget just how horrible we were in the second half of 2014. Gutting that team wasn't exactly a tragedy, and we had the worst offense in the Majors in 2014 despite haveing the pieces we traded away.

Agree on firing earlier, pitching as of late...and agree, very slight. I think a better mgr could have gotten more out of that team aside from BJ and bridged the gap to the new ballpark.

As it stands now...Smoltz thinks they are '18 at the earliest from being competitive...hope he's wrong on that end.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on firing earlier, pitching as of late...and agree, very slight. I think a better mgr could have gotten more out of that team aside from BJ and bridged the gap to the new ballpark.

As it stands now...Smoltz thinks they are '18 at the earliest from being competitive...hope he's wrong on that end.

Being competitive and competing are two different things. Get Dansby Swanson and Ozzie ALbies in there next year, and if they have solid rookie season's, we can be competitive, and we have a lot of money coming off the books after this season, and the new park should expand our salary cap, but it is an incredibly weak free agent class this offseason, so any upgrades will likely have to come from within the organization.

I think we'll be competitive next season, but I don't think we'll contend for a playoff spot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being competitive and competing are two different things. Get Dansby Swanson and Ozzie ALbies in there next year, and if they have solid rookie season's, we can be competitive, and we have a lot of money coming off the books after this season, and the new park should expand our salary cap, but it is an incredibly weak free agent class this offseason, so any upgrades will likely have to come from within the organization.

I think we'll be competitive next season, but I don't think we'll contend for a playoff spot.

Yeah...competitive is playing .500 ball imo, competing for a DIV/playoffs is something more than that obviously...We shall see...as long as they don't allow the losing to become the norm (accepted) in the clubhouse, they can pull thru...the pitching is being rebuilt, but they gotta get some power from somewhere.