• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fred Johnson or Jonah Williams at LT?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Film Room: Fred Johnson impresses at LT in final weeks of 2019

In 82 pass protection snaps this season, Fred Johnson wasn't charged by PFF with a single pressure, hit or sack.

Quick read about Fred Johnson, the rookie LT that played the last couple games very well.

If he is this good and developing as a rookie, can he make the transition to RT as easily, or is he best suited for LT and Jonah may have the athletic talent to move to RT?

Thought to consider when drafting, or FA? Maybe we just need a really good guard to come in and play RG?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not falling for hope built on a small sample.

The guy could really be a diamond in the rough. He certainly has a lot of the measurables of a great offensive lineman. But the scouts said he wasn't athletic enough for the NFL.... I wonder if that will eventually turn out to be true, but was somehow masked pretty well in limited action. For our sake I hope he plays well.

I'm interested in seeing how Williams does. If he has as good as advertised, you have two good pieces (Hopkins and Williams), a disappointing player with talent (Price), a guy that could be a diamond in the rough (Johnson) and a talented guy that is very young (Jordan). This is probably the most promising collection of linemen we've had in years.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not falling for hope built on a small sample.

The guy could really be a diamond in the rough. He certainly has a lot of the measurables of a great offensive lineman. But the scouts said he wasn't athletic enough for the NFL.... I wonder if that will eventually turn out to be true, but was somehow masked pretty well in limited action. For our sake I hope he plays well.

I'm interested in seeing how Williams does. If he has as good as advertised, you have two good pieces (Hopkins and Williams), a disappointing player with talent (Price), a guy that could be a diamond in the rough (Johnson) and a talented guy that is very young (Jordan). This is probably the most promising collection of linemen we've had in years.

I agree. Too small a sample size. Just wanted to post that though, because I had no idea Johnson had done so well in his time on the starting lineup. It is encouraging.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Fred Johnson can play RT, then we can sign a couple guards with the names Smith and Jones.

Then we can have a line of:

Williams
Jones
Hopkins (Price might even be a more common name)
Smith
Johnson

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as the starters stay healthy, or at least that the backups aren't undrafted rookies who shouldn't be on an NFL team.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as the starters stay healthy, or at least that the backups aren't undrafted rookies who shouldn't be on an NFL team.

The Bengals best lineman (Hopkins) was undrafted. The first round Buckeye bust can't beat him out for a job.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's great.

the Bengals habit of crossing their fingers and hoping something works out for them works out every once in a while.