• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Franklin shuts down speculation

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must say, I am shocked nobody had latched onto the USC nonsense here, especially when the trolls on the PSU beat like Jones, Flounders and giger got their teeth into it. Glad to see he shut that shit down yesterday. He's here for the long haul, I could see him making a power play and getting BArbour out though and that would be a big plus....get an AD who shares his vision and can fundraise. BArbour is not liked by the big boosters, rumors she even alienated Pegula

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so sure......plenty of coaches have made an initial claim not to be interested in a coaching move, only to do a 180 when shown a wad of cash. Stay tuned.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is, this really was Franklin's dream job. It was known when we had O'Brien and it was no coincidence the search went right to him. Some folks in the QB club and said he became very emotional about people actually doubting his/his family's commitment to the team and the community. Franklin is home, USC is a lateral move, it isn't Alabama or Texas with unlimited resources, and he's not looking for an NFL gig like BOB had his dreams set on.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\
Don't be so sure......plenty of coaches have made an initial claim not to be interested in a coaching move, only to do a 180 when shown a wad of cash. Stay tuned.

USC pays less (helton at 3.8, Franklin's deal is 5.8 per), has a 14 million buyout if they want to can Helton and is a lateral move for anything he would care about. Only thing that would worry me would be a school with unlimited resources willing to spend HUGE on HC and assistant pay as well as facilities....like Texas, Bama type school. I think you guys are stuck with Helton for another year with that buyout

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a team pays their former coach is meaningless in that discussion. We paid Paterno peanuts and BOB didn't make Franklin level money.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a team pays their former coach is meaningless in that discussion. We paid Paterno peanuts and BOB didn't make Franklin level money.

USC isn’t paying a 14 mil buyout then topping 7 mil per year on a new coach, which is what it would take minimum

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\

USC pays less (helton at 3.8, Franklin's deal is 5.8 per), has a 14 million buyout if they want to can Helton and is a lateral move for anything he would care about. Only thing that would worry me would be a school with unlimited resources willing to spend HUGE on HC and assistant pay as well as facilities....like Texas, Bama type school. I think you guys are stuck with Helton for another year with that buyout
USC doesn't have vast resources? They have way more than Alabama I can tell you that.

*HOWEVER
If USC beats ND, Helton's job is safe for another year. He still has some capital from last year

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\

If SC wants to dump Helton, there is plenty of cash via alumni and school resources to get the buy out done. I think SC gets clown stomped tomorrow by Notre Dame and Helton is shown the door shortly thereafter. SC fans have no desire to have a repeat of the Paul Hackett years.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its USC, they will pay whatver is needed thats not a huge buyout
USC doesn't have vast resources? They have way more than Alabama I can tell you that.

*HOWEVER
If USC beats ND, Helton's job is safe for another year. He still has some capital from last year

If you think usc has the resources dedicated to football that Bama does you are crazy

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may want to do a little research Bama spends 50 million more per year on football expenses
Just because Bama spends more doesn't mean that USC doesn't have the resources to buy out Helton's contract.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Bama spends more doesn't mean that USC doesn't have the resources to buy out Helton's contract.
You are living in hypothetical wishful thinking scenario, USC isn’t spending 14 mil buyout then another 35-40 million on a new coach