• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Gores Run

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part about it is that he had the presence to go down in bounds. He could've gained another two yards but would've stopped the clock. That was a very heads up decision, IMO.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I was very pleased with his football IQ on that play. Especially because there was still more than 4+ minutes left to go, and the only reason to truly kill clock was because of the run he was in the middle of making. Really nice to see in contrast to the continuous stream of players who can't be bothered to think about the situation and whether they need to they need to stop clock or keep it running when theres only 60 seconds remaining; or the many times a player shows they are more concerned with padding individual stats by getting a rushing TD instead of keeping possession / returning a long INT instead of dropping to the turf with possession so the other team doesn't get the ball back.

But it is of no surprise that it would be Frank Gore who stands out as a student of the game. Now, if he could just learn to catch the friggin ball...

Last edited by a moderator:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part about it is that he had the presence to go down in bounds. He could've gained another two yards but would've stopped the clock. That was a very heads up decision, IMO.

Yea very smart move by Gore but what was funny was Aikman or Buck couldn't figure out what he did and thought he hurt himself on the play and I was like :wtf2: are you talking about he clearly knew he wasn't going to score so he gave himself up before going out of bounds.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea very smart move by Gore but what was funny was Aikman or Buck couldn't figure out what he did and thought he hurt himself on the play and I was like :wtf2: are you talking about he clearly knew he wasn't going to score so he gave himself up before going out of bounds.

He was smarter than them at that point. Seattle had no TO's left at that point. He wasn't going to score and made the heads up decision. It worked out perfectly.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I loved seeing how pumped up the OL got after that play. Kudos to them too.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It pissed me off how people were saying he ran out of gas. He didn't run out of gas, he just isn't as fast as Sherman or probably any of the DB's who caught up to him. It just looked awkward at the end because he made the decision you mention and kind of flopped down awkwardly.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pissed me off how people were saying he ran out of gas. He didn't run out of gas, he just isn't as fast as Sherman or probably any of the DB's who caught up to him. It just looked awkward at the end because he made the decision you mention and kind of flopped down awkwardly.

He's 30 not 50. He didn't run out of gas, he made the smart decision and went down in bounds. Fuck what some troll says. I loved the decision he made. Some people wanted us to score a TD but I was on board with running the clock out and kicking a field goal.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't some troll, it was the announcers and commentators who implied it. Like they expected Gore to outrun Sherman for 50 yards. lol

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't some troll, it was the announcers and commentators who implied it. Like they expected Gore to outrun Sherman for 50 yards. lol

They ARE trolls lol

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden isn't a troll. But Collinsworth is.