• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Clark Contract opinion

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks should be cautious with Frank Clark payday

What is everyones opinion about giving frank clark a payday? I know some people are skeptical because he isnt exactly a choir boy and he did have some kind of domestic violence problem but since being in the league he hasnt been much trouble. I know there was some kind of altercation where he punched ifedi but if he leads this team in sacks next season I think we should extend and pay him. My only concern is that he really isnt an enforcer he is simply and pass rusher I dont think of him as a guy to stop the run or take over games.

What is everyones thoughts?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks should be cautious with Frank Clark payday

What is everyones opinion about giving frank clark a payday? I know some people are skeptical because he isnt exactly a choir boy and he did have some kind of domestic violence problem but since being in the league he hasnt been much trouble. I know there was some kind of altercation where he punched ifedi but if he leads this team in sacks next season I think we should extend and pay him. My only concern is that he really isnt an enforcer he is simply and pass rusher I dont think of him as a guy to stop the run or take over games.

What is everyones thoughts?

I don't care about the college incident.

I'm confused about the article because it seems to suggest that the Seahawks are considering resigning him now. He can't sign a new contract until next offseason. If steps up this season then he deserves a new contract and the Seahawks will give it to him.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't extend him now, I'd wait to see how this year goes. IF he deserves a big pay day, then pay him. If Rasheem Green, Naz Jones, etc. show they can excel, then let him walk.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all about extending him when eligible. I think he's on the verge of being a game changing type player, and I have no worries at all about his character. He was only accused of something (accusations don't cost a thing), and the whole thing sounded pretty suspicious to me. He's a good Seahawk, and I have no reason to think he isnt also a good guy.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been both good and consistant the last 2 years. You have to sign him. That is one of the reasons we are shedding salary this year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign him. His play seems to be getting better.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather extend Clark than Thomas... I've been advocating for this the entire off season... DE is more valuable than the Free Safety position imo… Clark is not even in his prime yet...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm confused about the article because it seems to suggest that the Seahawks are considering resigning him now. He can't sign a new contract until next offseason. If steps up this season then he deserves a new contract and the Seahawks will give it to him.
Disagree.
This is the final year of his rookie contract and he is a UFA next year.
If John and Pete like a guy that is near the end of his rookie contract, it is customary for them to extend him. I expect that to happen before TC.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay the man. End of story.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree.
This is the final year of his rookie contract and he is a UFA next year.
If John and Pete like a guy that is near the end of his rookie contract, it is customary for them to extend him. I expect that to happen before TC.

Yeah, I believe in the current CBA, 1st round picks have an automatic 4 year contract with a team option for a 5th year, which must be exercised after the 3rd year. If the option isn't exercised, the player becomes UFA after the 4th season (example: Bruce Irvin). With the option, you can extend the player's contract after the 4th year to prevent that lame duck 5th year.

For players drafted after the 1st round, it's a flat 4 year deal but they can also be extended after year 3 (example: Justin Britt). Frank Clark is now eligible for an extension, as he was a 2015 2nd round pick.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else is there to discuss?