• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Franchise Tag

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hear ya, but still don't see the correlation....95% of America can't do what they do.
No and they can’t do what u an I do. They get paid very well. They agreed to the terms of the situation. I don’t see how it’s wrong. I’m not trying to be a dick or argue with u at all. It’s like if your in a union. You joined, your binder by the terms, you agreed to it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and they can’t do what u an I do. They get paid very well. They agreed to the terms of the situation. I don’t see how it’s wrong. I’m not trying to be a dick or argue with u at all. It’s like if your in a union. You joined, your binder by the terms, you agreed to it.

We can say that, but we do know a lot more people can do our jobs.

To be honest, I'm somewhat lost on the point now...lol

If you think I'm saying they are under paid...in some cases they are, relative to other professional athletes. The money they make compared to people with regular jobs matters little...we're not in those shoes.

Kind of like years ago when there was this topic about female tennis pros making so much less than male pros. If I said, the women make a lot more than I do, they should shut up...that's falling on deaf ears to a female tennis pro and it should...because I'm not a tennis pro.

Do I feel sorry for rank and file NFL players? No, it's the profession they chose.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How didn't they do something about this during the last CBA?

Allowing a player to get franchise tagged more than once is ridiculous

I agree, if a deal can not be achieved before the beginning of the league year (March 13, of each year), that player who received a franchise tag the previous year should be a free agent.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can say that, but we do know a lot more people can do our jobs.

To be honest, I'm somewhat lost on the point now...lol

If you think I'm saying they are under paid...in some cases they are, relative to other professional athletes. The money they make compared to people with regular jobs matters little...we're not in those shoes.

Kind of like years ago when there was this topic about female tennis pros making so much less than male pros. If I said, the women make a lot more than I do, they should shut up...that's falling on deaf ears to a female tennis pro and it should...because I'm not a tennis pro.

Do I feel sorry for rank and file NFL players? No, it's the profession they chose.
Again though are they underpaid in some cases, yes. But again so are players in other sports, and everyday joe’s.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why should they be any different than you and me? I do what my boss tells me, and what the company rules are. They agreed to it, they are unionized. I dont feel bad for them, they make ALOT of money, even the guys getting minimums make a good buck.....i should feel bad that they get guaranteed average of top 5 at their position?, get out of here........pay me top 5 for my occupation......

That’s not the issue. The issue is you said the owners should have all the power and the players shouldn’t even be allowed to move or choose where they want to work. I think the players caved in because the owners locked them out and the common fan was mad at the players. I’m sure they’ll fight harder

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not the issue. The issue is you said the owners should have all the power and the players shouldn’t even be allowed to move or choose where they want to work. I think the players caved in because the owners locked them out and the common fan was mad at the players. I’m sure they’ll fight harder
They are a union, they agreed to this. Don’t like something, don’t agree to it. It’s that simple.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are a union, they agreed to this. Don’t like something, don’t agree to it. It’s that simple.

I hear you but we are straying away from my original point. First, I think it was unfair people ripped the players as greedy in the last negotiations. They were locked out and not striking. Fans turned on the players not owners. But the way I took what you were originally saying is, “Screw the players. Billionaires should get everything and the players should just shut the fuck up and be happy what they get”.

And it isn’t “that simple”. There is give and take in negotiations. You don’t get everything you want.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with placing the tag on a player once but multiple times? How do you even agree to this in the first place?

I just don't get it
Players were worried about shorter practices en sech.

And their union blows ass.

How they don't say guarenteed contracts or we aren't playing is beyond me.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with multiple franchise tags on players fwiw.

It's stupid money, take if they give it. Don't know why anyone would want a longterm NFL deal. They're pretend.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players were worried about shorter practices en sech.

And their union blows ass.

How they don't say guarenteed contracts or we aren't playing is beyond me.

But yet they will still complain about contracts not being guaranteed lol

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you but we are straying away from my original point. First, I think it was unfair people ripped the players as greedy in the last negotiations. They were locked out and not striking. Fans turned on the players not owners. But the way I took what you were originally saying is, “Screw the players. Billionaires should get everything and the players should just shut the fuck up and be happy what they get”.

And it isn’t “that simple”. There is give and take in negotiations. You don’t get everything you want.
right, just like any job and union.

and u took what i said like way into left field

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yet they will still complain about contracts not being guaranteed lol
Don't know why they haven't drawn a line on the issue.

They could all lose a year of wages. But owners would lose billions.

It's crazy they play without guaranteed contracts. And it's on them. Much bigger issue than franchise tags imo.