• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fran Tarkenton: Robert Griffin III 'will never make it'

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you cannot take the heat to make millions playing Football then get out of the kitchen.

Like i always refer to the Niners about Kaep,coffee is for closer's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. He was rushed back by Shanahan and was supposed to miss the entire season but he came back early and gets slammed for it? Oh, and the Redskins defense is horrible (allowing 26.8ppg, 26th).

He can't win.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to get traded to some team (they'd obviously have to restructure his contract), sit for a few seasons and start when he's 100% healthy. He'd still be just 26 and in his prime playing days. Maybe then we can make a determination before comparing him to Russell and VY.

SMH.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to get traded to some team (they'd obviously have to restructure his contract), sit for a few seasons and start when he's 100% healthy. He'd still be just 26 and in his prime playing days. Maybe then we can make a determination before comparing him to Russell and VY.

SMH.

Especially Russell. Wtf ? I think someone is going to get a bargain.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially Russell. Wtf ? I think someone is going to get a bargain.

I think Tarkenton is in the early stages of Dementia by comparing him to Russell and VY. RGIII is completing a career-high 69.7% of his passes so he's not as bad as people make him out to be. He has only played in 5 games and he doesn't have the best OL and like I said previously, he was expected to miss the entire season.

Let's see what he can do when he's 100%. As a rookie he led a ragtag bunch into the playoffs. Since, he hasn't been fully healthy. And throwing a 24 year old under the bus is just foolish.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank has some points. I don't like what he's saying but he has points. I mean I feel bad for Robert now It's like the media wants to destroy him. I'm sure he came off a certain way with his instant success and literally being everywhere, as mentioned in the Shannon Sharpe bit from cbs. Things just went haywire in D.C....anywhere else, he'd probably be doing ok. in fact, next year, he'll probably being starting again for another team. The Redskins are a literally a joke of a team.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank has some points. I don't like what he's saying but he has points. I mean I feel bad for Robert now It's like the media wants to destroy him. I'm sure he came off a certain way with his instant success and literally being everywhere, as mentioned in the Shannon Sharpe bit from cbs. Things just went haywire in D.C....anywhere else, he'd probably be doing ok. in fact, next year, he'll probably being starting again for another team. The Redskins are a literally a joke of a team.

I don't buy that he's dumb, he's a smart guy, but he doesn't work hard. I'm judging his work ethic based on comments by his last two head coaches, and neither seemed very impressed. You can't drift by in the NFL.

If you ask Aaron Rodgers, he's studying tape on Tom Brady during the offseason. Ask Brady and he's studying Peyton. Ask Peyton and... he has nobody to study except God. But the point is, to be even a good NFL Quarterback it takes a lot of work outside of practice, and natural talent gets you nowhere at the quarterback position in the NFL unless you're the GOAT Brett Favre.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that he's dumb, he's a smart guy, but he doesn't work hard. I'm judging his work ethic based on comments by his last two head coaches, and neither seemed very impressed. You can't drift by in the NFL.

If you ask Aaron Rodgers, he's studying tape on Tom Brady during the offseason. Ask Brady and he's studying Peyton. Ask Peyton and... he has nobody to study except God. But the point is, to be even a good NFL Quarterback it takes a lot of work outside of practice, and natural talent gets you nowhere at the quarterback position in the NFL unless you're the GOAT Brett Favre.[/QUOTE]

LOL Funny stuff!

I do think, however, that your remarks about work ethic are what Tarkenton speaks to.

Also think that RG3 has a lot of talent. Combine that with the necessary work and I'm not convinced that he can't play in the league.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to get too far off topic, but.....

I don't understand what Washington is doing, or what they did last year, with RG3. If they're done with the guy, which seems likely. And if they plan on trading him, why bench him and run him thru the mud? All they're doing is killing his trade value.

If you're right about him starting for someone elae(I think you will be), wouldn't it be best to just play out the string? Try to maximize exposure and trade value?

As to Fran choosing Russel and Vince as comparisons, I don't get it. They're both lacking in the brains department. Everybody knew that before they were drafted. RG3's issues aren't on account of being stooopid. (Or in Vince's case, a giant puss.)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bristle at comparing either VY or RG3 to JaMarcus Russell. Neither one are that bad, especially Vince. They're both dumb as shit, but not THAT dumb.

With Russell, it was more that he didn't give a crap. he got his big check and that is all he needed.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at this thread...Man you'd think Fran have some mercy on a fellow scrambling QB, he hates his own kind.
He can relate to RGIII, all that lack of pocket presence and no o-line cost him championships. lol.
Broncosmitty....to respond to your quotes...That's why my soon to be former team is a joke.
They have no idea, what they are doing or who is in charge. But the skins have one of the most loyal fanbases and that's they have survived.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fran said it the way it is