• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need another one of those fact-check labels, Jack.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that group of kids is antifashionsense

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G-WB5e.gif

/More compassionate and a better golf swing than 45
You know you are bad, and I mean very bad to make Bush Jr look good.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2:10 he pulled out a handgun and held it outside the door before jumping back in holding his chest and dropping the gun. But the view from outside that police broke up some people just eating, don't see anything that looked dangerous. Looks to me like the cops' first shot fired was at 5:15. Shots definitely come from the doorway he was in around 5:27, but the glass door shatters before that, and items get knocked off the table.

If the cops hadn't turned off their body cams, we would know for sure who shot first. But maybe that's the reason we don't have body cam footage. The owner did fire shots.

No matter what it just goes to show how fast a shitty situation can turn deadly.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Order.

I hate order.

I'm a physical chemist. I don't work directly with thermodynamics, but I had to learn it. You've probably all heard of entropy as disorder or chaos, and that the universe moves toward more entropy, more disorder, more chaos. But that loses the real, physical meaning of entropy, and it doesn't explain why the universe moves in that direction.

Entropy is a measure of how many ways a state can be that state. The more ways particles and energy can be distributed, the more entropically stable the state is. It's a probabilistic argument: particles move randomly, the state they'll most likely end up in is the one where there are more options for the particles to move. Trying to force particles to arrange in a specific way requires work (the physical definition), and it reduces stability.

Usually, the metaphor used to explain this is a kid's bedroom. Left to random motion, stuff will end up all over the place, and work has to be done to clean it up and put everything back where it belongs.

But this is the case for people, too. If you force people into pigeonholed roles, if you force order, you create--necessarily--instability. And protests and riots are a natural response to that, an entropically unstable state seeking more stability, less order. Suddenly. Violently. Necessarily.

When you create an authoritarian police force, put down protests, create policy and an overarching system which seeks to keep people in their place--here, keeping Black people poor and subjugated--you are sacrificing stability in favor of bigotry. If, instead, you give up forcing "order," and let people express and exist truly freely (not without accountability, but not policed into submission--basically just truly by into the rights and freedoms the Constitution promises, requiring trial before punishment, and no longer socially or economically restricting people based on the color of their skin or the wealth of their parents), the society will naturally be more stable. There will be fewer (maybe no) riots when people aren't forced into an unnatural order. And it will be the peace with justice Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke of, and activists and revolutionaries have been fighting for for centuries.

I love this application of knowledge from the realm of natural sciences to the social sciences. I think there are observable patterns in both and mathematics that can frequently be applied from one to the other. Very cool stuff.

It's sad we can't use this thinking more often in developing policy.

But when you have a President who thinks of everything in good/bad or waak/strong terms, can't spell the word forest, and thinks that last term should be raked to prevent fires... you aren't exactly going to get to next level thinking.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Falcicchio, the chief of staff for D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D), confirmed Tuesday that federal officials, including at the White House, inquired about their powers to take control of the city’s police department. He said city officials objected and would mount a legal challenge if federal officials tried to do so.

I'm remembering now all the executive overreach comments and cries from conservatives during the Obama years.

All of a suddent silent on that issue. Ignorant hypocrites.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Falcicchio, the chief of staff for D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D), confirmed Tuesday that federal officials, including at the White House, inquired about their powers to take control of the city’s police department. He said city officials objected and would mount a legal challenge if federal officials tried to do so.

I'm remembering now all the executive overreach comments and cries from conservatives during the Obama years.

All of a suddent silent on that issue. Ignorant hypocrites.

I mean, he has also asked about nuking Hurricanes, dumping water on a 300 year old building from a helicopter and injecting sunshine into people's bodies.

It *might* not be about overreach as much as it is about eating paint chips as a child.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this application of knowledge from the realm of natural sciences to the social sciences. I think there are observable patterns in both and mathematics that can frequently be applied from one to the other. Very cool stuff.

It's sad we can't use this thinking more often in developing policy.

But when you have a President who thinks of everything in good/bad or waak/strong terms, can't spell the word forest, and thinks that last term should be raked to prevent fires... you aren't exactly going to get to next level thinking.
I won't stand for your elitist thinking.

Ya gotta keep things below a third grade level of knowledge in order to get support from the mAsses.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.