• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If he opened that bible instead of just holding it up, he might learn something"
Was it comedy hour at the Apollo?

If he has no patience for press briefings, how would the Bible look to him?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
g2mbqpfocj251.png

lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is why haven't the other three officers in Minneapolis been charged and arrested as of yet? How much video evidence do you need that they were complicit in George Floyd's death?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Wheeler gets asked a tough question by his son...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian nationalists have overrun evangelicalism. They wont stop supporting him because hes sowing the seeds of armageddon which is what they want.

for other religious groups, recent surveys show trump support is way down. religious leaders need to stop hanging their hat on a single issue ideology (abortion). What about feeding and clothing the poor aka the treatment of immigrants by Trump ... kids in fuckin cages! They should start reading their fuckin supposedly good books and grab a clue

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean theres a whole fuckin religious denomination based on AND FUCKIN NAMED after a movement of protest ... and they like seeing people stand up and protest and be shot at for their stance???

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm genuinely nervous about the military response to an order to put down protests. I am mostly convinced they have sufficient training and understanding to recognize an unlawful order, are sufficiently committed as a group to upholding the Constitution, and they disapprove of Trump far more than police forces do. But. There are Trumpers and murderous sociopaths in the military, too. And even if most of the military refuses to oppress American people, those bad members will be enough to sow death and destruction.

I'm hoping if the order comes down, they'll lay down arms and stand with the protesters. A peaceful coup. That's the best case scenario. But if that doesn't happen, I fear for what will follow.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm genuinely nervous about the military response to an order to put down protests. I am mostly convinced they have sufficient training and understanding to recognize an unlawful order, are sufficiently committed as a group to upholding the Constitution, and they disapprove of Trump far more than police forces do. But. There are Trumpers and murderous sociopaths in the military, too. And even if most of the military refuses to oppress American people, those bad members will be enough to sow death and destruction.

I'm hoping if the order comes down, they'll lay down arms and stand with the protesters. A peaceful coup. That's the best case scenario. But if that doesn't happen, I fear for what will follow.

i cant recall if it was posted here but did you see the blachawks hovering low last night in dc creating wind and noise in hopes of dispersing the crowd. Was that fallujah or dc?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't just about police brutality or a small smattering of "bad cops." It's systemic within our society. This illustrates it:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 100,000 deaths on your watch, little man. You're a wannabee dictator sending in military police that had peaceful protesters running for their lives.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 100,000 deaths on your watch, little man. You're a wannabee dictator sending in military police that had peaceful protesters running for their lives.

Order.

I hate order.

I'm a physical chemist. I don't work directly with thermodynamics, but I had to learn it. You've probably all heard of entropy as disorder or chaos, and that the universe moves toward more entropy, more disorder, more chaos. But that loses the real, physical meaning of entropy, and it doesn't explain why the universe moves in that direction.

Entropy is a measure of how many ways a state can be that state. The more ways particles and energy can be distributed, the more entropically stable the state is. It's a probabilistic argument: particles move randomly, the state they'll most likely end up in is the one where there are more options for the particles to move. Trying to force particles to arrange in a specific way requires work (the physical definition), and it reduces stability.

Usually, the metaphor used to explain this is a kid's bedroom. Left to random motion, stuff will end up all over the place, and work has to be done to clean it up and put everything back where it belongs.

But this is the case for people, too. If you force people into pigeonholed roles, if you force order, you create--necessarily--instability. And protests and riots are a natural response to that, an entropically unstable state seeking more stability, less order. Suddenly. Violently. Necessarily.

When you create an authoritarian police force, put down protests, create policy and an overarching system which seeks to keep people in their place--here, keeping Black people poor and subjugated--you are sacrificing stability in favor of bigotry. If, instead, you give up forcing "order," and let people express and exist truly freely (not without accountability, but not policed into submission--basically just truly by into the rights and freedoms the Constitution promises, requiring trial before punishment, and no longer socially or economically restricting people based on the color of their skin or the wealth of their parents), the society will naturally be more stable. There will be fewer (maybe no) riots when people aren't forced into an unnatural order. And it will be the peace with justice Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke of, and activists and revolutionaries have been fighting for for centuries.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Why do you want to be an officer of the law?"

Well honestly I am kind of hoping to push journalists around, wear full body armor on hot summer days, and I hope really hope to one day spray tear gas in the faces of people with their hands up. Ideally women and children.

"You're hired! Welcome aboard. Want to shoot a rocket launcher?"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Why do you want to be an officer of the law?"

Well honestly I am kind of hoping to push journalists around, wear full body armor on hot summer days, and I hope really hope to one day spray tear gas in the faces of people with their hands up. Ideally women and children.

"You're hired! Welcome aboard. Want to shoot a rocket launcher?"

Bruce Cockburn likes this.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian nationalists have overrun evangelicalism. They wont stop supporting him because hes sowing the seeds of armageddon which is what they want.

for other religious groups, recent surveys show trump support is way down. religious leaders need to stop hanging their hat on a single issue ideology (abortion). What about feeding and clothing the poor aka the treatment of immigrants by Trump ... kids in fuckin cages! They should start reading their fuckin supposedly good books and grab a clue

Hey, that's not fair.

They also want to stop gays from marrying.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was the United States attorney general, not the president's attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.