• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forward pass or Fumble?

Was this a forward pass or fumble?

• Forward Pass

• Fumble

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface this by saying the Cardinals were thoroughly outplayed and this play did not decide the game. Cards got pounded and deserved to lose.

I watched this play and was thoroughly perplexed. No booth review even though it was ruled a turnover. :noidea: Looked like a spiral to me.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface this by saying the Cardinals were thoroughly outplayed and this play did not decide the game. Cards got pounded and deserved to lose.

I watched this play and was thoroughly perplexed. No booth review even though it was ruled a turnover. :noidea: Looked like a spiral to me.

Honestly......

It looks like a shovel pass like alot of qb's are doing lately. I counted 1 per team on the Saints/hakws game

We had a bad vantage point. The only way that we can see if this was a fumble is if the Rusher got his hand on the ball. There is no indisputable proof because thee OL is in the way

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Carson to hang em up

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a pass.

We had a similar play in the Broncos/Chargers game. Rivers hand is hit as he's throwing, ball goes forward, Denver recovers. Ruled a fumble on the field. In replay, it was EXTREMELY close. Looked like Rivers lost control just as his arm was starting forward. The announcers both thought the call would stand because it was just too close to tell.

Nope. Play reversed, incomplete pass. It worked out though, because Rivers threw a pick 6 a couple of plays later. Ball don't lie.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a pass.

We had a similar play in the Broncos/Chargers game. Rivers hand is hit as he's throwing, ball goes forward, Denver recovers. Ruled a fumble on the field. In replay, it was EXTREMELY close. Looked like Rivers lost control just as his arm was starting forward. The announcers both thought the call would stand because it was just too close to tell.

Nope. Play reversed, incomplete pass. It worked out though, because Rivers threw a pick 6 a couple of plays later. Ball don't lie.

Almost exactly the same but Palmer had his arms wrapped up a bit.

Can't remember the game but there was another weird one where the receiver looked like his first foot tapped but it didn't and then he was knocked OB. And the replays clearly showed it, but nobody challenged?

Might have been Olsen in the same game? Led to a TD too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Just another fuck up by the refs.

They were correct on Dez's drop. If the player is going to the ground while making the reception, he has to retain control through contact with the ground. Dez didn't.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were correct on Dez's drop. If the player is going to the ground while making the reception, he has to retain control through contact with the ground. Dez didn't.

Dez caught that fucking ball as much as Beasley did 2 games ago and they let it slide. Control, 3 steps and a dive.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez caught that fucking ball as much as Beasley did 2 games ago and they let it slide. Control, 3 steps and a dive.

Dez' steps were as he was falling forward, completely different if he was upright and running. Momentum was taking him to the ground.

I can't speak to the Beasley example as I didn't see it.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No potato salad option = invalid poll.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez' steps were as he was falling forward, completely different if he was upright and running. Momentum was taking him to the ground.

I can't speak to the Beasley example as I didn't see it.

Sounds like you didn't see Dez either.

2 feet down, 3rd step the lunge (just like Beasley). Ball control all the way till hit's ground. HE wasn't fallin he was diving.

Either way, it didn't decide the game and he should have just taken the yards.

But he caught that fucking ball....

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dream of a week where we don't have to hear crying from Cardinals fans.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you didn't see Dez either.

2 feet down, 3rd step the lunge (just like Beasley). Ball control all the way till hit's ground. HE wasn't fallin he was diving.

Either way, it didn't decide the game and he should have just taken the yards.

But he caught that fucking ball....

Just to refresh your memory...

Did Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant catch it?

His momentum is to the ground, whether he dives or not. Doesn't control the ball when he hits the ground. Incomplete.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the result of a play like this depends solely on who the QB is...

Brady: Forward pass

Anyone else: Fumble

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dream of a week where we don't have to hear crying from Cardinals fans.
If that's a dream of yours, you have huge issues that you may want to seek help for.