• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Eagle Indicted

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make a cheesesteak at homw with shaved ribeye and real cheese.
Since I made it at home and it tastes good, I don't call it a Philly cheese steak.....

I make my cheesteaks at home as well. I start with a nice prime brisket, smoke it for 90m/lb over pecan and hickory, and then when done I slice it and eat it. I don't put any of that cheese crap or bother putting it on a roll. Best cheesesteak you'll ever have.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I'll bet you never Wang Chung Tonite.

huge_avatar

No, but that pic is a Flock of Seagulls.

I’ve never been to Iran. Not sure why, but I felt compelled to add that.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but that pic is a Flock of Seagulls.

I’ve never been to Iran. Not sure why, but I felt compelled to add that.

I walk along the avenue.......................

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have three Weber smokers, two Weber Kettles, A Smokey Joe and about to Order the Weber Summit Charcoal Kamodo style smoker.

But for your Kettle you can use as smoker be patient with me I'll try to be specific.

1. On out edges of kettle set a row of coal two deep one right on the edge of the kettle the other directly in front of the first briquette. Do this until you are about halfway around the kettle should be more than enough for a 3 to 4 hour smoke.

2. Lay another briquette directly on top of the one's first layed again start at one of snake until you reach the other end.

3. Buy some Oak Chuncks from Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, hell even Wal Mart at times. Place three chunks of oak not chips chunks at beginning of snake.

4. Light about 8 briquettes in a chimmney or on throw away foil tray until all are gray. Place greay coals at head of snake one or two as close as you can to chick of Oak.

5. Place foil water pan in front of snake and under wear roast will be.

6. This will burn between 225 and 250 degrees and will add good smoke.

7. Place Roast over pan check internal temp every hour or so. Pull at internal 130 let rest

Real question... How much do you weigh? That's a ton of work for a sandwich. I love food too but I don't have hours to spend on a sandwich nor would I invest that much time/energy/money for supplies on a sandwich.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real question... How much do you weigh? That's a ton of work for a sandwich. I love food too but I don't have hours to spend on a sandwich nor would I invest that much time/energy/money for supplies on a sandwich.
It's not a lot of work, its just a way to use a Weber Kettle as a smoker. It might take 20 minutes to set it up

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mehh

I smoke Prime Rib with Oak at 225 until I reach an internal temp 130degree. The I let it cool, place in freezer until partially frozen. Take out the deli slicer and slice very thin, then I roll the thin slices and slice them up, heat up a cast iron pan sautee' Onions, Peppers and I like shrooms, then toss is steak with Kosher Salt Cracked Pepper, toss a few times. Pile up add Provolone cover 1 min serve on best roll I can find in Florida which is another issue. Hard to get the correct bread here.
That sounds amazing. I never got that in-depth but I should.

I don't have the time to get fancy, so this is my short cut:

Just get good Boars Head deli meat... their top round Roast Beef, for instance. Heat it up w/ Butter.

In another skillet, cook up some fresh onions, green peppers and jalapenos (if you like it real hot).

Use real provolone cheese. I like pepper-jack, too... (I like heat).

Use good bread. I live in the south land, and Publix supermarkets make solid hoagie rolls around these parts.

And voila... a pretty dang tasty Philly... minimal work.