• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Forecast Friday: @Bengals

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1726822578538.png

Now that the preseason is over, and yes, I'm including the first two games of the season as a part of that, let's realize that, In a bit of irony, the Cincinnati Bengals and Washington Commanders come into this third game as improving teams from game one to game two. After using a limited activity approach to the preseason. Neither allows their starters to play much and both appear to be on track, after two regular season games; finding more cohesive play early in the season, where other more daring teams who play their regulars get it during the preseason. While this approach is not new to the Bengals, they’ve begun the last few seasons 0-2 after withholding their starters, the Commanders, after looking particularly horrific in game one against the Buccaneers (Essentially, Preseason game 1 with starters) showed marked improvement against the Giants (Preseason game #2) posting an overall 1-1 seasonal record. Historically, this approach seems to have worked well for Bengals head man Zac Taylor who has posted an impressive 3-1-1 record in game three since becoming head coach in 2019. For Dan Quinn, this approach garnered middling results in his first stint as a head coach (Atlanta 2015-2020) with a game-three record of 3-3 during that time.

Knowing this history, the odds makers have appointed the Bengals as 7.5-point favorites as I post this. Still, I believe they are reasonably dismissing the ascendency of the Washington-based team, but I will not be as dismissive. These teams have faced off 11 times with the record at 5-5-1. The most recent meeting was Nov. 22, 2020, and Washington covered as 1.5-point favorites at home 20-9. This bit of history coupled with eerily similar approaches to the regular season and despite the obvious talent differences, points to a game where the odds makers miss and it becomes a closer, much more competitive game than they’re predicting.

1726824331549.png 1726824512612.png

Here's what they're saying...

1726825395607.png

1726825313879.png

1726825286779.png

1726825451245.png1726825497665.png

They're all wrong and here's how I visualize the game playing out:
On Monday night, September 23, 2024, the Washington Commanders pulled off a thrilling victory against the Cincinnati Bengals. The game was a nail-biter from start to finish, with both teams showcasing their strengths.

The Commanders’ rookie quarterback, Jayden Daniels, had a standout performance, completing 25 of 32 passes for 280 yards and two touchdowns. His poise under pressure was evident, especially during a crucial fourth-quarter drive that put Washington ahead. Running back Brian Robinson Jr. also played a pivotal role, rushing for 120 yards and a touchdown, breaking through the Bengals’ defense with ease.

Despite Burrow’s 310 yards and three touchdowns, the Bengals couldn’t overcome the Commanders’ balanced attack and improving defensive effort. The final score 31-27 in favor of Washington, marking a significant win for the Commanders as they continue their promising season.

1726825973517.png

They've had their say, I've had mine, now what do you predict?... You know the drill! Good luck!

1. Who wins this game?

2. Final score?

3. Player(s) of the game?

4. Memorial moment, event, or play, that will have everyone talking on Monday night and Tuesday morning?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this how i seemed when I predicted the Giants loss? Now i understand why folks didn't believe me. There's no way Bengals lose unless Burrow has to leave the game.
Sty, i absolutely love this write up and now you've got me wondering if I should start Daniels on my fantasy team.

Bengals win

Bengals: 24 Redskins: less than 24

Burrow, Chase absolutely go to town on the secondary for refusing to double him.

McLaurin puts up his best stats of the season

Despite getting at least 3 sacks on Burrow, its not enough.

Our kicker does another outstanding job

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Who wins this game?... Commanders!

2. Final score?...
31- 27

3. Player(s) of the game?...
Noah Brown

4. Memorial moment, event, or play, that will have everyone talking on Monday night and Tuesday morning?... QB play and some increased national TV attention although most of the attention will be on the Bengals slipping to 0-3.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Final score?... 31- 27

3. Player(s) of the game?... Noah Brown

4. Memorial moment, event, or play, that will have everyone talking on Monday night and Tuesday morning?... QB play and some increased national TV attention although most of the attention will be on the Bengals slipping to 0-3.
You have more faith in them than me sty

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s 30 to 16 bengals

Player of the game Tee Higgins

Water cooler , dbs can’t cover my mother

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have more faith in them than me sty
The game plan was given away earlier in the week when someone posted that video with the Bengals guy saying things about JD.
So, essentially the Bengals will go away from the double high safety that is currently being used 46% of the time by NFL defenses because of the explosion of QB/multiple WRs groupings that's all the rage right now. They will do this in order to focus on stopping the run. What they will be giving up is the deep ball, essentially daring JD to beat them. If he is as good as advertised ( and he is) Washington's WRs will burn them early, forcing them to go back to the double high safety and opening the run game.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game plan was given away earlier in the week when someone posted that video with the Bengals guy saying things about JD.
So, essentially the Bengals will go away from the double high safety that is currently being used 46% of the time by NFL defenses because of the explosion of QB/multiple WRs groupings that's all the rage right now. They will do this in order to focus on stopping the run. What they will be giving up is the deep ball, essentially daring JD to beat them. If he is as good as advertised ( and he is) Washington's WRs will burn them early, forcing them to go back to the double high safety and opening the run game.
I hope you're right. of course we havent' seen much deep ball thrown yet. but could be because of the safeties playing deep.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals have one of the highest rated pass defenses and a good pass rush. I am looking for more short passes and lots of running. If Washington falls behind and has to throw this could get ugly.

Prediction is Bengals win, if the DL can't get pressure it could get ugly early.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Final score?... 31- 27

3. Player(s) of the game?... Noah Brown

Great call.

However I must say as much good football you post, I've been somewhat uncomfortable with this #1, #2 receiver labels you and so many others do. That was a #1 catch in a huge moment for your team.

Great Call / Great Game

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great call.

However I must say as much good football you post, I've been somewhat uncomfortable with this #1, #2 receiver labels you and so many others do. That was a #1 catch in a huge moment for your team.

Great Call / Great Game
Those designations are assigned by me only for points of reference. While I cannot speak for others a really good example of it shows with your guys. While it's true that special/ spectacular catches can be made by most guys on this level, game changers... guys you absolutely positively must be reliant upon to deliver when you need them to are WR1s. Guys like CeeDee when there are true complimentary guys on the team. You pay them because of their abilities. Chase is that dude on the Bengals, but Higgins, who would be a WR1 elsewhere, isn't his equal on that team.