• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For the record

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush was paid to leave USC not paid to go there.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure know how to start great long threads. I wonder how long till this baby reaches a thousand.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how uninformed people are out there. USC was hit hard because Reggie and his parents took gifts money rent from guys who could care less about what it did to USC and would have wanted him to leave the school and go pro as soon as possible. Oregon is found to have knowingly paid a middle man money to steer players to Oregon. TOSU had a coach lie to the NCAA about what he knew so the players could play in a bowl game. Auburn has a player whos parents where shopping his services and neither school gets any penalty worth talking about. The NCAA spent five years basically getting the goods on one player (Bus)h but doesn't spent a quarter of that time on the 70 or more players at Miami .

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Socaljim, great to see you here. I was sooner314 on ESPN. Now that you have two posts you can start your own threads by the way. Might take a few minutes for the system to let you though. Stop by the water cooler and introduce yourself, most ESPN poster will probably knows you but the board also has CBS and FOXsports posters.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Socaljim, great to see you here. I was sooner314 on ESPN. Now that you have two posts you can start your own threads by the way. Might take a few minutes for the system to let you though. Stop by the water cooler and introduce yourself, most ESPN poster will probably knows you but the board also has CBS and FOXsports posters.

Hey! Nice to see another name I recognize. Good to see ya. I don't know how many know me but I guess I will stop at the cooler and introduce myself. Thanks and hope to hear from you during the season.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how uninformed people are out there. USC was hit hard because Reggie and his parents took gifts money rent from guys who could care less about what it did to USC and would have wanted him to leave the school and go pro as soon as possible. Oregon is found to have knowingly paid a middle man money to steer players to Oregon. TOSU had a coach lie to the NCAA about what he knew so the players could play in a bowl game. Auburn has a player whos parents where shopping his services and neither school gets any penalty worth talking about. The NCAA spent five years basically getting the goods on one player (Bus)h but doesn't spent a quarter of that time on the 70 or more players at Miami .

I'm fine with Oregon's lack of a penalty, you can argue it should have been a bit higher, there just is no way to justify USC's mind blowing penalty followed by the NCAA turning a blind eye on so many other programs.

I keep waiting to hear the results or find out what really happened based on the McNair case but I'm thinking that will be settled out of court now with the records sealed so we'll never know.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC's massive penalty was a direct result of Mike Garrett's arrogance. He and Paul Dee got into a pissing contest and as the saying goes, "piss flows down hill".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC's massive penalty was a direct result of Mike Garrett's arrogance. He and Paul Dee got into a pissing contest and as the saying goes, "piss flows down hill".

Agreed!! It got personal between Garrett and the NCAA and that is never a good thing!! End of the day though, USC got hammered because they dared to defend themselves. The NCAA expects schools to throw themselves on the mercy of the court and just accept whatever penalties are thrown their way!!

The most galling part of it is that Paul Dee chided USC with his "high profile players demand high profile compliance" line while he's got Shapiro running amok all over the U!!

As if that's not enough, it looks like the NCAA has botched the investigation so badly that Miami is unlikely to receive any more sanctions beyond what they self-imposed!!

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so disappointed that Dee has died. I would love to see him eating crow today..

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so disappointed that Dee has died. I would love to see him eating crow today..

I know there are a lot of people that think Dee died on purpose to avoid the backlash from the Miami case.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!! It got personal between Garrett and the NCAA and that is never a good thing!! End of the day though, USC got hammered because they dared to defend themselves. The NCAA expects schools to throw themselves on the mercy of the court and just accept whatever penalties are thrown their way!!

The most galling part of it is that Paul Dee chided USC with his "high profile players demand high profile compliance" line while he's got Shapiro running amok all over the U!!

As if that's not enough, it looks like the NCAA has botched the investigation so badly that Miami is unlikely to receive any more sanctions beyond what they self-imposed!!

Sure it got personal, if you were called out on something you didn't know about, you would act the same way. It's called " Having A Pair" unlike our current AD....

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it got personal, if you were called out on something you didn't know about, you would act the same way. It's called " Having A Pair" unlike our current AD....

Not a big fan of the way Garret did things and not a big fan of him but since when should you get punished more because of how you react to being accused of something you didn't do? Yes Reggie and his parents took gifts money . Yes the compliance office should have followed up on his car. USC should have been hit for all that. But the NCAA to this day has never brought up anything about the coaches being part of it. The people paying Reggie and his parents wernt part of USC.The Mcnair case hopefully will remove any doubt. But think about it. The NCAA took the word of felons and the only evidence they supplied was a a phone call shorter than one you make if you're ordering a pizza but somehow the NCAA thinks in that one call Mcnair found out every single detail of what was going on. . Yet in the Miami case there is hundreds if not thousands of more pieces of evidence that show a booster was paying and giving gifts yet somehow that's not enough for the NCAA. So yes, Garret did and said some stupid things but to say USC should have been hit that hard because of his attitude rather than the evidence supplied is wrong.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA is a joke, to give USC what they did and then give Ohio State what they have and Oregon, and whatever they aren't doing in Miami is laughable.