• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For Las - The growth of JVR

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(And no I'm not talking about his mole)

The growth of James van Riemsdyk - Broad Street Hockey

What you guys think?

This is the funniest story ive ever read....just another list of excuses, for me the guy has run out of all possible excuses to live up to his potential, he was drafted 5 years ago it's time to show something and he hasnt. Also nowhere in this article does it mention he fails to check anyone or fight anyone or stand in front or back check oh i could go on forever. If he was good enough to play with better linemates. Voracek and Simmonds dont seem to have a problem playing hwere they are.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the funniest story ive ever read....just another list of excuses, for me the guy has run out of all possible excuses to live up to his potential, he was drafted 5 years ago it's time to show something and he hasnt. Also nowhere in this article does it mention he fails to check anyone or fight anyone or stand in front or back check oh i could go on forever. If he was good enough to play with better linemates. Voracek and Simmonds dont seem to have a problem playing hwere they are.

i actually noticed him make a fairly sizeable hit in the sharks game.. i was stunned.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Niemmi but i wish we couldve gotten Suter or weber for JVR and some picks

Me thinks JVR is gone in the offseason. I'm thinking Homer will have more suitors then than he had during the TD. More teams will be buying than selling. Just my gut feeling. Let the bidding war begin before the draft.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Niemmi but i wish we couldve gotten Suter or weber for JVR and some picks

im guessing nash probably had better offers than jvr and some picks for them though

i just wish jvr would play better.. cause when he plays hard and skates hard, he's an absolute force.. we just rarely ever see that

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
why give him that big contract when he was due to be an RFA? i mean he didn't have to, and JVR was making plenty to get him by. these are the kind of bonehead contracts i just scratch my head about with homer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why give him that big contract when he was due to be an RFA? i mean he didn't have to, and JVR was making plenty to get him by. these are the kind of bonehead contracts i just scratch my head about with homer.

The article that JJG sent out today says if JVR doesnt play better he is insurance to get some defense over the summer Im assuming that will be the case

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Homer was counting on a healthy JVR top come out and put up 60 pts this year, if he had done that going into next year the contract would have been a bargain by today's standards. That said I still think he'll live up to his contract, he's still young and is only playing 15 minutes a game(which for players with his potential is extremely low). He does need to get more physical, but I think he's been working on that a bit lately. Everyone has to remember he was a sting bean when he came into the league and is only now really starting to put on the kind of weight he needs to fill out his frame and play a "big man's game". It does look like a huge raise for an rfa that probably wasn't needed, but Hmer could have been afraid of offer sheets. There has been a lot of over paying for players in recent years which started with Sather in NY and then got a lot worse when Dallas signed Avery to a contract for $4m a year. Let's be honest who would you rather have JVR a promising young player or Avery one of the league's biggest douchebags who continually hurt his teams?

The article that JJG sent out today says if JVR doesnt play better he is insurance to get some defense over the summer Im assuming that will be the case

I can see this actually. We're going to be hurting on defense and JVR would probably be the centerpiece of a trade for a guy like Weber or Suter(if Nashville did a sign and trade). Hell maybe we could even use him to get a good young goalie if we can move Bryz, Montreal looks prime for a re-build now. Price may be a head case, but he's kept them alive for most of this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Homer was counting on a healthy JVR top come out and put up 60 pts this year, if he had done that going into next year the contract would have been a bargain by today's standards. That said I still think he'll live up to his contract, he's still young and is only playing 15 minutes a game(which for players with his potential is extremely low). He does need to get more physical, but I think he's been working on that a bit lately. Everyone has to remember he was a sting bean when he came into the league and is only now really starting to put on the kind of weight he needs to fill out his frame and play a "big man's game". It does look like a huge raise for an rfa that probably wasn't needed, but Hmer could have been afraid of offer sheets. There has been a lot of over paying for players in recent years which started with Sather in NY and then got a lot worse when Dallas signed Avery to a contract for $4m a year. Let's be honest who would you rather have JVR a promising young player or Avery one of the league's biggest douchebags who continually hurt his teams?

I can see this actually. We're going to be hurting on defense and JVR would probably be the centerpiece of a trade for a guy like Weber or Suter(if Nashville did a sign and trade). Hell maybe we could even use him to get a good young goalie if we can move Bryz, Montreal looks prime for a re-build now. Price may be a head case, but he's kept them alive for most of this season.

JVR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Avery no contest.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the contract is terrible. I actually think it locks JVR in at a reasonable cap hit and that is very appealing to many GM's. It makes him a good trade piece for the Flyers if they choose to go that route.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think now is as good a time as any to get him more playing time.. everyone is slumping, and he has it in him to be dominant, why not give him a shot at a top 6 slot for the next couple games, its not like anyone else is really deserving a spot right now anyway except for maybe simmonds

jvr.giroux.simmonds
hartnell.briere.jagr
read.schenn.voracek
rinaldo.couturier.talbot

maybe something gets sparked? but please put out a lineup and leave it like that for at least a full game.. dont do the mix and match all game, nobody gets in a rythm

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think now is as good a time as any to get him more playing time.. everyone is slumping, and he has it in him to be dominant, why not give him a shot at a top 6 slot for the next couple games, its not like anyone else is really deserving a spot right now anyway except for maybe simmonds

jvr.giroux.simmonds
hartnell.briere.jagr
read.schenn.voracek
rinaldo.couturier.talbot

maybe something gets sparked? but please put out a lineup and leave it like that for at least a full game.. dont do the mix and match all game, nobody gets in a rythm

I like the idea of playing him more, but we have more problems then just him. there has been a lack of effort by some players this season and they just don't deserve the playing time. Then there's the fact that some players need to be rested for the playoffs. I'd go with something close but slightly different then you have.

Hartnell-Giroux-JVR
Simonds-Schenn-Vorachek
Read-Couturier-Jagr
Briere-Talbot-Rinaldo

I know I'll get shit for having Briere playing W and on the 4th line but his effort hasn't been there consistently, but Schenn & Cooter both deserve more playing time then CB now & Jagr needs to play limited minutes for a while to make sure he's rested and healthy for the playoffs. My PP lines would be.

Hartnell-Giroux-Simmonds-Timo-Vorachek
JVR-Schenn-Jagr-Mez/Carle-Kubina

Mez anbd Carle would switch just based on which one of them actually shows up on a given night. Yes I took Briere and Read off the PP as they'vbe both been brutal lately. I kept the 1st unit together since I really like what they do, but to balance/get the 2nd unit going you coudl switch JVR and Simmonds to get a stronger net presence. As for defense I have no idea who to pair with who at this point, but Lavy needs to make some fucking pairings and stick with them, this musical defensemen thing really isn't helping the team or our goalies out any.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of playing him more, but we have more problems then just him. there has been a lack of effort by some players this season and they just don't deserve the playing time. Then there's the fact that some players need to be rested for the playoffs. I'd go with something close but slightly different then you have.

Hartnell-Giroux-JVR
Simonds-Schenn-Vorachek
Read-Couturier-Jagr
Briere-Talbot-Rinaldo

I know I'll get shit for having Briere playing W and on the 4th line but his effort hasn't been there consistently, but Schenn & Cooter both deserve more playing time then CB now & Jagr needs to play limited minutes for a while to make sure he's rested and healthy for the playoffs. My PP lines would be.

Mez anbd Carle would switch just based on which one of them actually shows up on a given night. Yes I took Briere and Read off the PP as they'vbe both been brutal lately. I kept the 1st unit together since I really like what they do, but to balance/get the 2nd unit going you coudl switch JVR and Simmonds to get a stronger net presence. As for defense I have no idea who to pair with who at this point, but Lavy needs to make some fucking pairings and stick with them, this musical defensemen thing really isn't helping the team or our goalies out any.

Switch Brierre and JVR and i like it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hartnell-Giroux-JVR
Simonds-Schenn-Vorachek
Read-Couturier-Jagr
Briere-Talbot-Rinaldo

i'm ok with briere on the 4th line.. he was actually the one causing problems with how i wanted to do lines too.. there just isn't really a good fit for him right now as i'd rather see schenn out there centering the 2nd line then him.. but then i think you might need to have jagr on the 2nd line, cause simmer.schenn.voracek really doesn't have a shooter.. a couple bangers and a puck carrier.. i see jvr being the shooter on the top line if they go that route

on defense i didnt notice flip flopping til the sharks game.. and i dont really understand why they did it..

timo.coburn
kubina.carle
mesz.grossman

was fine to me.. maybe flip kubina and grossman if you want to, but i dont see any reason to mess with those pairings unless you sit timo down for a couple games to rest him, which i think they should do.. gust and MAB were problems when they were the 5/6, having them in there for a few games to give timo a break isn't going to kill them.. they are certainly serviceable in that role IMO

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switch Brierre and JVR and i like it.

i actually wouldn't mind briere being on the top line.. when roo was a rookie (i think it was), briere and roo had some sick chemistry.. hartsy has had great chemistry with both of them.. i'm going to vote for that line too actually

but i still want to see jvr in the top 6 for a couple weeks, just see what he's got.. i love his game when he plays his game (for las' sake, yes i know he's only done that for like 8 games in his 100+ game career)

jvr.schenn.jagr

could be good? get jagr to teach them things.. schenn can bring some net presence, jvr/jagr can carry the puck and shoot.. i'd be ok with that?