• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For Christmas

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I got a lot of Giants stuff - T-shirts, posters, sweat shirts, DVDs and a daily calendar. The best thing I got was a Giants World Series plaque.

I liked my gifts so much that I just finished painting my office - French Vanilla with a 3" black stripe around the the top of the wall and a 2" orange stripe below it. I will post some pictures in the next few days as soon as I get the stuff on the walls hung up. It looks freaking SWEET.

One small bitch session: I opened the calendar today and tore off the first few pages to get to Jan. 1, 2001. The page had a trivia question on it. The question was: Who holds the record for most years umpiring in the American League?

My answer: Who gives a shit! It's the American freaking League. That's almost as bad as minor league baseball trivia. MLB should at least do us the service of having National League trivia when the questions or facts are not about the San Francisco Giants.

By the way, the answer is Tommy Connolly, who umped for 31 years.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a lot of Giants stuff - T-shirts, posters, sweat shirts, DVDs and a daily calendar. The best thing I got was a Giants World Series plaque.

I liked my gifts so much that I just finished painting my office - French Vanilla with a 3" black stripe around the the top of the wall and a 2" orange stripe below it. I will post some pictures in the next few days as soon as I get the stuff on the walls hung up. It looks freaking SWEET.

One small bitch session: I opened the calendar today and tore off the first few pages to get to Jan. 1, 2001. The page had a trivia question on it. The question was: Who holds the record for most years umpiring in the American League?

My answer: Who gives a shit! It's the American freaking League. That's almost as bad as minor league baseball trivia. MLB should at least do us the service of having National League trivia when the questions or facts are not about the San Francisco Giants.

awesome..did you do the color match from Glidden/home depot?

Since they aired commercials, I've been wanting to do something like that .. maybe get a fathead (would getting a Bruce Bochy be taking it tooo literal?)

Since we're on the topic of the spirit of giving - I bought Giants 2010 World Champs t-shirts for all my friends that are Oakland A's fans for Christmas .. it's been about time I could do some chest thumping :D

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh and my Christmas haul included the dvd set, some Giants hoodies, some throw blankets, a McCovey signed baseball (score!) and a snuggie :L

*Anyone who else has the dvd set notice the extras dvd audio/video sync is a bit out of whack? A bit of a lag between the audio during the season highlights portion.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
awesome..did you do the color match from Glidden/home depot?

Since they aired commercials, I've been wanting to do something like that .. maybe get a fathead (would getting a Bruce Bochy be taking it tooo literal?)

Since we're on the topic of the spirit of giving - I bought Giants 2010 World Champs t-shirts for all my friends that are Oakland A's fans for Christmas .. it's been about time I could do some chest thumping :D

I did use the Home Depot matching, but I used Behr paint (I like the quality of Behr better). The best part of the office paint job is that when we bought the house, the previous owners had painted the room green - almost Oakland A's green. I have been suffering with those walls for over two years now and I felt relieved to finally paint that horrendous color away.

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I can't wait to see the pictures when the room is done. Baseball can't start soon enough, football has just been depressing.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the 8 disc World Series (and NLCS games 4/6) DVD and and amazing framed pic of the World Series pile. Absolutaly beautiful and brightens my day everytime I see it.

Also, if you want to make a grown man cry, show him the playoff recap, it gets him everytime.