• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football people are becoming sensitive little girls

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is mostly an indictment of sports media, but it especially applies to players (and coaches to a lesser extent).

The latest example of this is that Rex Ryan is being lambasted for saying Geno Smith had a "brutal" practice. All I'm hearing is "You don't do that in front of the media. You do that behind closed doors. Bla bla bla."

All I'm thinking when I hear this is that I hope for the Jets' sake that Geno isn't half as sensitive as these dorks on the radio. Did Rex hurt his little feelings? Does he need a radio host to come give him a hug?

The problem is that it's not just the media. Players have become the media with twitter, and they start crying whenever someone criticizes them. It's gotten really bad. How are you gonna keep coming when a 300 pound D-lineman squashes you if you're so fazed by a little criticism?

News flash: The NFL is a man's sport. Act like men you bunch of sissies.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our whole society is part of the problem...

On one hand people love reality TV to see all the non-PC stuff...

But when it comes to politics, business, or sports... the media blows everything out of proportion and you end up getting a black eye and having to apologize for nothing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is what happens when the country is raised by & taught by (95% of the time) women. Even football players (and ex-players) are becoming vaginified. The coaches aren't quite as bad, but just wait 20 years & watch them sprout a clitoris too.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like dropping your pants in front of your players because your team got spanked like little girls?

If so, then yeah, I agree. The 49ers have had sensitive little girls as head coaches

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is mostly an indictment of sports media, but it especially applies to players (and coaches to a lesser extent).

The latest example of this is that Rex Ryan is being lambasted for saying Geno Smith had a "brutal" practice. All I'm hearing is "You don't do that in front of the media. You do that behind closed doors. Bla bla bla."

All I'm thinking when I hear this is that I hope for the Jets' sake that Geno isn't half as sensitive as these dorks on the radio. Did Rex hurt his little feelings? Does he need a radio host to come give him a hug?

The problem is that it's not just the media. Players have become the media with twitter, and they start crying whenever someone criticizes them. It's gotten really bad. How are you gonna keep coming when a 300 pound D-lineman squashes you if you're so fazed by a little criticism?

I would agree with you 100% of the time. But not this time and not for any reason you listed.

I truly believe Rex Ryan has an Unhealthy Like for Mark Sanchez. I believe Ryan will do Anything to make sure Sanchez is the starting QB for the Jets in 2012. I think he is trying to convince those within the Organization and outside to go with Ryan's choice in Sanchez. After Sanchez's best play as a Pro this past game, I think Ryan will do anything to make Smith look weak (let me rephrase that, he will make Smith look like he should not start in front of Sanchez, which makes him look weak IMO).

I am starting to think the Jets will win Maybe 1 game. I see them losing to every NFC South team. Every AFC North team. That is 0-8. They lose both to NE and Miami, 0-12. At Tennessee and At Buffalo are losses, 0-14.

So, IMO, if the Jets cannot beat Oakland or Buffalo at home, then they will be 0-16.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You mean like dropping your pants in front of your players because your team got spanked like little girls?

If so, then yeah, I agree. The 49ers have had sensitive little girls as head coaches

That was random.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In general, I think you have a good point. In particular, I think Ryan may be a special case for people. Ryan is just a bizarre person. He has no control over what comes out of his mouth, I doubt he has a lot of control over his other personal behavior and that lack of control has seeped into the fabric of the organization greatly contributing to the basket case the team is today.

I also think jets fans are really concerned because ryan has some kind of fixation with sanchez (given his tattoo I would be concerned if the fascination with sanchez is limited to the field) and that no matter what gino does, ryan is fixated on starting sanchez and part of that may be a reaction against that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wasn't trying to focus specifically on Rex Ryan; I just remember saying to myself a bunch of times about NFL players: "Wow, this guy gets his panties all in a bunch if he hears a little criticism."

We have Wes Welker complaining that Belichick... God forbid... YELLED AT HIM IN FRONT OF HIS TEAMMATES!

A football coach yelled at a guy? Someone call the cops! He needs sensitivity training!

And sports writers feed that crap with their constant complaining about how this or that is "disrespectful" to a player. It was "disrespectful" to Alex Smith for the 49ers to court Peyton Manning. Awwwwwww :( People used to bitch about how Tom Coughlin was this slave driver on the practice field & say he needed to go easier on the players & be nicer (they eventually shut the hell up when he won a SB).

These are grown men making millions of dollars playing a game where they're literally trying to knock each other on the ground every play. If they can't take a little criticism, yelling or pushing from their coaches they're in the wrong profession.

Last edited by a moderator:

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to focus specifically on Rex Ryan; I just remember saying to myself a bunch of times about NFL players: "Wow, this guy gets his panties all in a bunch if he hears a little criticism."

We have Wes Welker complaining that Belichick... God forbid... YELLED AT HIM IN FRONT OF HIS TEAMMATES!

A football coach yelled at a guy? Someone call the cops! He needs sensitivity training!

And sports writers feed that crap with their constant complaining about how this or that is "disrespectful" to a player. It was "disrespectful" to Alex Smith for the 49ers to court Peyton Manning. Awwwwwww :( People used to bitch about how Tom Coughlin was this slave driver on the practice field & say he needed to go easier on the players & be nicer (they eventually shut the hell up when he won a SB).

These are grown men making millions of dollars playing a game where they're literally trying to knock each other on the ground every play. If they can't take a little criticism, yelling or pushing from their coaches they're in the wrong profession.

Agin I think your general point is right on, but as a pats fan I think the welker situation has been overblown. Welker has been pressed for weeks to say something negative and I can understand why he might behave a chip on his shoulder. For some reason I can't fathom, the pats clearly didn't want him back, he wanted to stay, and he felt he didn't get the respect from the team he deserved. I think the pats made a mistake and its to the good for broncos fans that a player with Wes's ability is going to
Play with a chip on his shoulder

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Just posted a comment about RG KNEE. It wont be long before someone calls me a racist and a dumb fan of the gimp reports me.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Just posted a comment about RG KNEE. It wont be long before someone calls me a racist and a dumb fan of the gimp reports me.

I don't know or care if you're a rascist.

I don't care if you don't respect RG3

Most of us here are football fans. You seem to be a fan of your own bullshit. Don't worry, I won't report you. You have not said anything important or noteworthy. It will all be forgotten in 3...2...1.....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are doing and saying the same things they always have. Its just that WE are more involved than ever.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many sports talk shows. These clowns need to come up with crap for their 4+ hour shows so all sorts of crap gets blown out of proportion. I hardly watch the garbage but every time I turn it on I can't believe some of the crap they make a big deal out of and what they sweep under the carpet.