• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Football is back!!!! Predict the record series: Cincinnati Bungles

Predict the record: Cinci

• 17-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16-1

• 15-2

• 14-3

• 13-4

• 12-5

• 11-6

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • 10-7

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 9-8

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 8-9

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 7-10

• 6-11

• 5-12

• Bengals tater salad

• Total voters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self explanatory

Vote and discuss.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC North is better....Baltimore will be ready and Jackson is going to try and justify getting a big deal.

Pitt is going to be better with a younger QB.

Cleveland will probably be the worst team without Watson for 11 games.

The Bengals benefitted from a beatup and weakened AFC North last season.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC North is better....Baltimore will be ready and Jackson is going to try and justify getting a big deal.

Pitt is going to be better with a younger QB.

Cleveland will probably be the worst team without Watson for 11 games.

The Bengals benefitted from a beatup and weakened AFC North last season.
Meh.... The Bengals went 4-2 in the North last year. They will likely be at least 4-2 in the division again given that they play Pittsburgh in week 1 (before the offense can gel), @CLE without Watson, and home against CLE in Watson's second game.

People talk about difficulties with a first place schedule, but it's really not that drastic. Last year they played the NFC-N. This year they play the NFC-S. I'd say that makes this year's NFC games easier. Last year they played the AFC-W and this year they play the AFC-E - Definitely an advantage to avoid the West this year. Last year their extra three games were the Jags, Jets, and Niners. This year they are the Titans, Chiefs, and Cowboys. The Titans are being discounted by many folks and the Cowboys have some issues with departures and injuries. The Chiefs are loaded, but everyone in the North has to play someone tough. I just don't see the schedule being the thing that will hold the Bengals back.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.... The Bengals went 4-2 in the North last year. They will likely be at least 4-2 in the division again given that they play Pittsburgh in week 1 (before the offense can gel), @CLE without Watson, and home against CLE in Watson's second game.

People talk about difficulties with a first place schedule, but it's really not that drastic. Last year they played the NFC-N. This year they play the NFC-S. I'd say that makes this year's NFC games easier. Last year they played the AFC-W and this year they play the AFC-E - Definitely an advantage to avoid the West this year. Last year their extra three games were the Jags, Jets, and Niners. This year they are the Titans, Chiefs, and Cowboys. The Titans are being discounted by many folks and the Cowboys have some issues with departures and injuries. The Chiefs are loaded, but everyone in the North has to play someone tough. I just don't see the schedule being the thing that will hold the Bengals back.
SB hangover.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SB hangover.
Maybe - but the Steelers are not really better...their QB is Trubisky and a rookie - the issue is they did not really fix the OL from last year, and that helped to really hinder Harris and Ben both on offense. The OL is going to be an issue for them going forward until they actually fix it.

Bengals beat the Ravens while they were still somewhat healthy last year earlier in the season and on the road. I like watching LJ, but his MVP type year came as a runner - can he be a passer? Losing his #1 WR option doesn't help.

Browns swept the Bengals last year, but the starters all sat in game #2 on the road - so hard to tell - but the Browns aren't looking to be great without DW at QB. Brissett is serviceable, but we'll see.

As for the rest of the schedule - I rarely worry about it because a really tough week 8 game ends up being much easier due to injuries, momentum, bad play/good play - so much happens from week to week. Taking the schedule last year for the Bengals, everyone thought those last few games were going to TANK them....they went 3-1 with the 1 loss to the Browns in which all starters sat...

You can say they were a few plays away from losing games, but they were also a few plays away from winning games they likely should have (GB, SF, and even that last Browns game)...so...

We'll see - I'm not calling for 13+ wins, but I think selling this team short will be a mistake - Burrow is the real deal as a leader and as a guy who pushes his team forward - he's shown that multiple times in College and in the pros already - so I don't see the 'hangover' as being an issue....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say 10-12 wins for the Bengals.