• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foles vs Trubisky Trivia

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each made the Pro Bowl in their second NFL season.
Foles in 2013. Trubisky in 2018.
For the sake of this discussion, let's say these seasons were their best statistically.

In that Pro Bowl season...
One QB averaged 220.4 passing yards per game including the playoffs.
The other averaged 235.1 passing yards per game including the playoffs.
One QB threw 29 TD vs 2 int.
The other had 24 TD vs 12 int.
One completed 69.7% of his passes (including the playoffs).
The other completed 66% of his passes (including the playoffs).

Also, of completed passes thrown more than 25 yards...
...one QB threw 24 such passes. (With only 4 for more than 50 yards.)
The other QB threw 27 such passes. (Also with 4 passes going for more than 50 yards.)

Who is who?

In all cases, Nick Foles is the first QB. Mitch Trubisky is "the other".

Of course, looking at how close both were in their best season, will it matter?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each made the Pro Bowl in their second NFL season.
Foles in 2013. Trubisky in 2018.
For the sake of this discussion, let's say these seasons were their best statistically.

In that Pro Bowl season...
One QB averaged 220.4 passing yards per game including the playoffs.
The other averaged 235.1 passing yards per game including the playoffs.
One QB threw 29 TD vs 2 int.
The other had 24 TD vs 12 int.
One completed 69.7% of his passes (including the playoffs).
The other completed 66% of his passes (including the playoffs).

Also, of completed passes thrown more than 25 yards...
...one QB threw 24 such passes. (With only 4 for more than 50 yards.)
The other QB threw 27 such passes. (Also with 4 passes going for more than 50 yards.)

Who is who?

In all cases, Nick Foles is the first QB. Mitch Trubisky is "the other".

Of course, looking at how close both were in their best season, will it matter?
Well I had it pegged right, and my answer to the most pressing question, is, most likely not. Serviceable QB's, when surrounded by the right talent, with a strong system, can definitely win games. Neither one is a guy who can say, " Hey, isnt that John Candy over there?", and put the team in thier backs

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch nearly double Nick's rushing yards in those Pro Bowl seasons.

I know a lot of Bears fans are frustrated. I am too.
Most are done supporting Trubisky. I get it.
But the Bears as a whole are a wreck. Pace makes head-scratching deals/picks.
Plus Nagy is essentially, also a rookie head coach and this has shown in his play-calling and challenges (not to mention the over-explanations in his post game pressers).
The O-line is a shambles.

I think Nagy is doing a worse job than Trubisky.
Being the "yes man" Trubiksy is by default, now the focal point of all of Pace and Nagy's decisions and offensive woes.
Pace seems like a nice guy.
Nagy seems like a real nice guy.
Trubisky too seems like a nice kid.
What's that line from Remember the Titans: "Attitude reflects leadership, captain."

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think all Trubisky needs a little Jim McMahon in him.
If he is learning to read defenses, he needs to channel his inner "punky QB" and audible.

But hey, if Foles is the security blanket that Nagy & DeFilippo needs to send better plays into the huddle... so be it.

Last edited:

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29:2 and 24:12 is NOT close and exactly where I figured Foles was the "first" QB lol.

At this point, Foles is a much better QB than Trubisky, but that isnt really saying a ton.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch nearly double Nick's rushing yards in those Pro Bowl seasons.

I know a lot of Bears fans are frustrated. I am too.
Most are done supporting Trubisky. I get it.
But the Bears as a whole are a wreck. Pace makes head-scratching deals/picks.
Plus Nagy is essentially, also a rookie head coach and this has shown in his play-calling and challenges (not to mention the over-explanations in his post game pressers).
The O-line is a shambles.

I think Nagy is doing a worse job than Trubisky.
Being the "yes man" Trubiksy is by default, now the focal point of all of Pace and Nagy's decisions and offensive woes.
Pace seems like a nice guy.
Nagy seems like a real nice guy.
Trubisky too seems like a nice kid.
What's that line from Remember the Titans: "Attitude reflects leadership, captain."

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think all Trubisky needs a little Jim McMahon in him.
If he is learning to read defenses, he needs to channel his inner "punky QB" and audible.

But hey, if Foles is the security blanket that Nagy & DeFilippo needs to send better plays into the huddle... so be it.
Trubisky might be a nice guy, but he's a shit QB.

Didnt Foles have his best season(s) under DeFilippo? Dude knows how to utilize him and they didnt trade for him and that contract for him to be a backup.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky might be a nice guy, but he's a shit QB.

Didnt Foles have his best season(s) under DeFilippo? Dude knows how to utilize him and they didnt trade for him and that contract for him to be a backup.
Defilipo was the QB coach when Foles took over for Wentz and played 3-4 games, plus playoffs/super bowl. Far from his best season though.
That would be 2013, with Chip Kelly, Pat Shurmer, and Bill Lazor. Its truly his only season where he was anything more than average at best...maybe for a lil while into 2014 too
Him winning the SB had much more to do with Pederson/Reich designing a system within thier system that didn't expose Foles's weaknesses much

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defilipo was the QB coach when Foles took over for Wentz and played 3-4 games, plus playoffs/super bowl. Far from his best season though.
That would be 2013, with Chip Kelly, Pat Shurmer, and Bill Lazor. Its truly his only season where he was anything more than average at best...maybe for a lil while into 2014 too
Him winning the SB had much more to do with Pederson/Reich designing a system within thier system that didn't expose Foles's weaknesses much
Iono, meng. He was pretty damn good in 2018 when he had the chance to start and he KILLED it in the 2017 playoffs. It can't ALL be on the coaching and it can't ALL be on the player... at a certain point they both have to mesh... and I think he'll mesh pretty well with Defilippo again.

Edit: At least to the point where he's better than Trubisky, or Bortles, or Hackenburg... which again, isn't saying much.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iono, meng. He was pretty damn good in 2018 when he had the chance to start and he KILLED it in the 2017 playoffs. It can't ALL be on the coaching and it can't ALL be on the player... at a certain point they both have to mesh... and I think he'll mesh pretty well with Defilippo again.

Edit: At least to the point where he's better than Trubisky, or Bortles, or Hackenburg... which again, isn't saying much.
Well I didn't mean to make it sound like he didn't execute that gameolan to a T, he certainly did, and deserves credit for that.

And he did do well in '18. That was Pederson again, with Mike Groh at OC, and Press Taylor took over for Defilipo, who had moved on to be the OC at Minnesota.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29-2 and 24-12 aren't close.

I'm surprised the deep passes were so close. Seemed like every time Foles threw it up for grabs deep down the field that season Riley Cooper would catch it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don’t think Trubisky is serviceable.

I hate to say it Joe, but your Bears screwed up just like my “Washington Football Team” in pinning their hopes on Haskins.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foles is not a good starting QB by any stretch. But there are a few teams out there with worse. Ironically I do think Jacksonville might end up being one of them when the dust settles. We shall see.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is not a good starting QB by any stretch. But there are a few teams out there with worse. Ironically I do think Jacksonville might end up being one of them when the dust settles. We shall see.
True..

Hard to have a strong opinion one way or the other on Minshew. Hes definitely got that "it" factor that rallies teammates around him, not too sure about anything else.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True..

Hard to have a strong opinion one way or the other on Minshew. Hes definitely got that "it" factor that rallies teammates around him, not too sure about anything else.

Yeah. He is a wildcard.

I could see him growing and getting better in year 2, or completely being exposed.

Could go either way.