• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers possibly interested Nabokov

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? How many Russian goalies are we going to try? It's just a rumor from hockeybuzz. I can't imagine this has any truth to it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way.. unless they trade bob, which they may.. they've apparently been talking seriously w/ toronto all day

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way.. unless they trade bob, which they may.. they've apparently been talking seriously w/ toronto all day

Where did you see or hear about the Flyers and Maple Leafs talking? For who?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hockeybuzz. Really?:loco2:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabby and Bryz do not get along at all. They had a public quarrel (if memory serves me correctly) in the last Olympics. I doubt this is true.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabby and Bryz do not get along at all. They had a public quarrel (if memory serves me correctly) in the last Olympics. I doubt this is true.

Just one reason on top of the thousands not to do this

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just what we need, ANOTHER headcase goaltender.....

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be retarded .... in every sense of the word. Bob is the future in net for this team.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you see or hear about the Flyers and Maple Leafs talking? For who?

according to twitter (@BallHock, @Pro_Puck_Talk) burke was in philly today.. wanted jvr and read but homer said no dice.. the last offer was schenn and a 3rd for jvr and a 1st.. so apparently no talk about bob

thats what they say.. i dont know if they're credible, i started following them today haha

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be retarded .... in every sense of the word. Bob is the future in net for this team.

i think there would be plenty of people that would say bryz is the future in net.. he did sign a 9 year contract and i'm sure he wont be retiring anytime soon (31)

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think there would be plenty of people that would say bryz is the future in net.. he did sign a 9 year contract and i'm sure he wont be retiring anytime soon (31)

Not if he continues to play the way he has. I think this is exactly what everyone was afraid of -- a mentally fragile player in a tough market is not a good fit.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to twitter (@BallHock, @Pro_Puck_Talk) burke was in philly today.. wanted jvr and read but homer said no dice.. the last offer was schenn and a 3rd for jvr and a 1st.. so apparently no talk about bob

thats what they say.. i dont know if they're credible, i started following them today haha

I think they got that backwards should be Schenn & a 1st for JVR & a 3rd. JVR has shown flashes of brilliance at least, Schenn has just show he can be a steady 2nd pairing d-man so far.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he continues to play the way he has. I think this is exactly what everyone was afraid of -- a mentally fragile player in a tough market is not a good fit.

i'm on your side.. i dont wanna see bob go any more than you do.. just making the statement that he COULD be available and i'm sure teams have asked about him.. who knows what they get as a response though, homer said multiple times in the offseason that they were still committed to bob being the future in net.. so who knows? maybe amnesty buyouts are going to be discussed in the CBA talks this summer and he feels that there's a good chance they happen and plans on buying bryz out? who knows

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm on your side.. i dont wanna see bob go any more than you do.. just making the statement that he COULD be available and i'm sure teams have asked about him.. who knows what they get as a response though, homer said multiple times in the offseason that they were still committed to bob being the future in net.. so who knows? maybe amnesty buyouts are going to be discussed in the CBA talks this summer and he feels that there's a good chance they happen and plans on buying bryz out? who knows

Yeah, I hear ya, it just makes me nervous. I've tried as hard as I can to say that Bryz is going to break out and be the guy he was in PHX .... but it just isn't happening. I'm sure Homer is listening to offers for Bob, but I hope he doesn't make a move unless he gets a king's ransom in return.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A move for a defenseman will definitely be made here by the deadline in my opinion. Why? Minus Pronger, there is a definite void on defense while dressing two rookies (or one rookie and Lilja) to fill out the top six.

We'd enter the playoffs having to rely too heavily on our top four. Is that not how we lost in the finals to the Hawks? It would be game six of the 2010 finals all over again. Pronger, Timonen, Carle and Coburn all averaged close to 30 minutes each that game while Bartulis and Krajicek totaled (TOTALED) 11 minutes combined.

As well as anyone thinks Bourdon or Gustafsson have played, they will get exposed in the playoffs.

Also, there is ample cap space with Pronger on LTIR. There's a lot that you can do with $5.5 million when the salaries we get in return will be prorated.

The goal is to not only get back to the finals all over again, but then also be better prepared once we're there. We're just not good enough defensively right now. The fucking Rags or Bruins will knock us out in the second round as it stands now. That's if we were to get past Pittsburgh, which I think we could do.

Last edited by a moderator: