• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers hall of fame

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philadelphia Flyers hall of fame,honors players who "have contributed to the Flyers success"

IMO,there are 4 former players who are overdue to be added to their hall.
(There may be a few on the bubble),but these 4 should definately be included.

In no particular order-

1 Eric Lindros
2 John LeClair
3 Rod Brindamour
4 Mark Recchi

Stats alone should have put all 4 of these players in,but each one had their own brand of leadership to contribute.

Lindros and LeClair were 2 members of the Flyers Legion of Doom.

Recchi played with heart and soul every game.

Rod Brindamour IMO was 1 of the greatest Flyers of all time.This was 1 player who hardly ever had an off night.

Lindros at the moment is still debatable for the NHL hall of fame-(he should be in IMO).However,for the Flyers hall of fame,these 4 are overdue.

s

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Lindros and Leclair. I think to be considered in the HOF, you have to play most of your career in Philadelphia no matter what your stats are and the success you have. Thats why I dont consider Recchi and Brindamour.

Speaking of HOF. For the winter classic, would love to see Lindros play in the hall of fame game and get his standing ovation from the Philly crowd that he deserves. And Foppa playing in that game would be great too. I will be pissed if its the same ole crew you can see walking in the game (Hound, Parent, Schultz)

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Lindros and Leclair. I think to be considered in the HOF, you have to play most of your career in Philadelphia no matter what your stats are and the success you have. Thats why I dont consider Recchi and Brindamour.

Speaking of HOF. For the winter classic, would love to see Lindros play in the hall of fame game and get his standing ovation from the Philly crowd that he deserves. And Foppa playing in that game would be great too. I will be pissed if its the same ole crew you can see walking in the game (Hound, Parent, Schultz)

Recchi and Brindamour definately have to be at the forefront for Flyers consideration.

Recchi spent the majority of his career wearing black and orange.

As for Brindamour-He had 9 seasons playing for the Flyers as opposed to 10 for the Hurricanes,but in total games,I believe he played just a few more for the Flyers.

It's funny you bring up "hounddog" Kelly.If you're going to put Schultz in for his pugilistic contributions,then Kelly has to be in.

While he wasn't the biggest guy on the Broadstreet Bullies,he played with reckless abandon and hit anything that moved.

As for Kelly's fighting prowess,as Bobby Clarke said-Hounddog would usually hit the other guy 3 or 4 times,before he realized he was in a fight.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Recchi and Brindamour definately have to be at the forefront for Flyers consideration.

Recchi spent the majority of his career wearing black and orange.

As for Brindamour-He had 9 seasons playing for the Flyers as opposed to 10 for the Hurricanes,but in total games,I believe he played just a few more for the Flyers.

It's funny you bring up "hounddog" Kelly.If you're going to put Schultz in for his pugilistic contributions,then Kelly has to be in.

While he wasn't the biggest guy on the Broadstreet Bullies,he played with reckless abandon and hit anything that moved.

As for Kelly's fighting prowess,as Bobby Clarke said-Hounddog would usually hit the other guy 3 or 4 times,before he realized he was in a fight.

he was referring to the fact that those 3 are the same dudes you see strolling around every home hockey game at the well. i don't think he was trying to diminish what they did on the ice for the team. i agree i am tired of those 3 ha, call me spoiled but after you meet a 'famous athlete' over a dozen times i think the star factor wears off.