• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fly fishing...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bought my waders and boots...now just need to decide where to go do some fishing

Sonic-Pro Wader - Men's

CB.jpg

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to say I know nothing of fly fishing would be dishonest. I know you cast way different.

After that, nothing.

So here is the deal. I just moved into a new house and the lady who we bought it from, her husband passed a few years ago and he had an old fly fishing set up. I found some other stuff to and is was up in rafters down in basement.

So I am asking if any one knows anything about my "new" really old shit.

20200923_084618.jpg20200923_094656.jpg20200923_094637.jpg

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rod appears to be fiberglass....the very worse material for a rod and the reel is an automatic, meaning that it auto reels. Pretty unnecessary.

It'll get you started but you need some gear.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rod appears to be fiberglass....the very worse material for a rod and the reel is an automatic, meaning that it auto reels. Pretty unnecessary.

It'll get you started but you need some gear.
Shit, I just saw this post. Thanks for responding.

So it would make for a good starter pack? Just would want to upgrade if this becomes a hobby?

Do they have reels that are more traditional than the auto one? I went fly fishing in colorado back in late 80s but don't remember a thing as we really went there to drink and smoke weed.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I just saw this post. Thanks for responding.

So it would make for a good starter pack? Just would want to upgrade if this becomes a hobby?

Do they have reels that are more traditional than the auto one? I went fly fishing in colorado back in late 80s but don't remember a thing as we really went there to drink and smoke weed.

A good starter pack? No, not really but sure, it'll toss some flies on the water for you. I just find Fiberglass to be heavy and chunky to cast. The automatic reel is similarly heavy and cumbersome. If you want to spend no money, then try it out.

For a very reasonable price there's a Cortland starter kit that has everything you need in a balanced outfit for $90.00. It will be lighter and be much nicer to wield.

I fish Sage rods. If you have the coin, a starter pack from Sage will really set you up nicely....and will set you back $600.00

Again though, the actual catching fish part has more to do with knowledge and the right fly than anything else.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good starter pack? No, not really but sure, it'll toss some flies on the water for you. I just find Fiberglass to be heavy and chunky to cast. The automatic reel is similarly heavy and cumbersome. If you want to spend no money, then try it out.

For a very reasonable price there's a Cortland starter kit that has everything you need in a balanced outfit for $90.00. It will be lighter and be much nicer to wield.

I fish Sage rods. If you have the coin, a starter pack from Sage will really set you up nicely....and will set you back $600.00

Again though, the actual catching fish part has more to do with knowledge and the right fly than anything else.
90 dollar option sounds good lol.

Thanks for the info. I like fishing but like my crank bait. If the system i found ia crap then u can take a pass on trying it our.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going fly fishing up by Pittsburgh next weekend and I am really fucking excited. I haven't been out much this year so a full weekend of fishing will make it all worth it.

any suggestions @NEhomer? Gear? Flies? Should I get a guided trip?