• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fluker Or DLew

Damien Lewis or DJ Fluker?

• Damien Lewis wins the battle for right guard and knock DJ off the roster, saving the team $3.7 mill

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Fluker holds off Lewis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a draw. Both players eat Seahawk-flavored tater salad

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Trump and Biden both suck

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fingers crossed, I hope Lewis is the Best Olineman we have drafted in 10 years ... that's not saying much. lol

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 mil in cap space cleared. Hoping for Clowney or Griffen and gut feeling we'll know this week.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to make a prediction, we are gonna either sign Griffen or trade for pass rush. We are out on Clowney, calling it now.

either way, we are about to get better on the d-line.

It's possible certainly. But if they aren't bringing Clowney back then they have to be looking at bringing multiple people in. Because they probably didn't need to free up any cap to bring in Griffen. Honestly they didn't even need to free up cap space if they were to bring Griffen, Golden, and Snacks Harrison.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 mil in cap space cleared. Hoping for Clowney or Griffen and gut feeling we'll know this week.

Tomorrow at 1:00 PST is the deadline for signing players that will count towards draft pick compensation. Can't imagine this matters to the Seahawks since we have brought in several more players than have left, even if Clowney leaves. But they seem to want to have available cash for tomorrow.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up, 8? Are you still in Arizona or back up here in this CoVid clusterfuck?
What’s up man!

Still in AZ getting ready for the microwave to start killing the virus down here, already in triple digits. I have some good friends up north that agree with your sentiment, what a clusterfuck. Hope you and your family are doing well and staying safe.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously Clowney would be great, but I like the idea of Griffin. We have a LOT of young edge rushers in Green, Collier, Taylor, and Alton Robinson... also Jordyn Brooks had the most QB pressures of all linebackers so would not be surprised if we blitz with him (not traditionally what Seattle does but who knows).

Griffin would definitely add a veteran presence in the locker room to coach those guys up. I think we could get Griffin for $10-12M per whereas it sounds like Clowney wants $18M+ per, and with his injury history plus at times lazy attitude I'm not sure how I feel by giving him a HUGE contract for 5+ years. I wonder if he'll just get fat/happy and lazy. ZERO shock he was one of the best EDGE rushers last year... in a contract year -_-

Point being, we give Clowney around $18-20M and he cashes out and mails it in... ouch, that's going to hurt our team for 3-4 years. If you give Griffen a 2 year $25M (or 3/$35 let's say) with maybe 40% guaranteed, and he doesn't pan out, you're fine.

Both are high risks though. Clowney because of past work ethic and injury issues. Griffen because he checked into a sober house in 2018 and was generally batshit crazy. Seems Griffen has turned his life around but always possibility of a re-lapse if he gets a new contract and he's kind of at the point in his career where he may scoff at a '1 year prove it deal'.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go check the 1st and second page of the clowney thread, you and others got up in arms when i said britt wasnt that good.

Britt was reliable... Not great... Not "wasn't that good" either... He made the pro bowl as an alternate... Bad players don't make the pro bowl whether it's outright or as an alternate...

If what you meant is not good enough to warrant the 9.5million this year, then I can see why you said what you did... But just a general "wasn't that good", I don't agree with that...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Seahawks general manager John Schneider and head coach Pete Carroll were bullish about the prospect of Lewis starting in 2020 when asked following his selection in the draft on Friday night. Schneider noted that Lewis already experience in 22 games of “big-time football” playing for 2019 national champion LSU, and Carroll said Lewis “won’t take a back seat to anybody.”

With Lewis more than likely going to start, I wonder if Finney will be our new center since Lewis and Finney play the same position... I don't want Joey Hunt to be our Center again...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lewis more than likely going to start, I wonder if Finney will be our new center since Lewis and Finney play the same position... I don't want Joey Hunt to be our Center again...

I would think Finney would be. He played decent for the Steelers last year given he was a backup that had to fill in.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow at 1:00 PST is the deadline for signing players that will count towards draft pick compensation. Can't imagine this matters to the Seahawks since we have brought in several more players than have left, even if Clowney leaves. But they seem to want to have available cash for tomorrow.

I was on break reading the FO might have upped their offer to Clowney. Even if he rejects that offer I still think Griffen is in play. Either way with the money freed up, one of these two I think will be a Hawk.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Clowney would be great, but I like the idea of Griffin. We have a LOT of young edge rushers in Green, Collier, Taylor, and Alton Robinson... also Jordyn Brooks had the most QB pressures of all linebackers so would not be surprised if we blitz with him (not traditionally what Seattle does but who knows).

Griffin would definitely add a veteran presence in the locker room to coach those guys up. I think we could get Griffin for $10-12M per whereas it sounds like Clowney wants $18M+ per, and with his injury history plus at times lazy attitude I'm not sure how I feel by giving him a HUGE contract for 5+ years. I wonder if he'll just get fat/happy and lazy. ZERO shock he was one of the best EDGE rushers last year... in a contract year -_-

Point being, we give Clowney around $18-20M and he cashes out and mails it in... ouch, that's going to hurt our team for 3-4 years. If you give Griffen a 2 year $25M (or 3/$35 let's say) with maybe 40% guaranteed, and he doesn't pan out, you're fine.

Both are high risks though. Clowney because of past work ethic and injury issues. Griffen because he checked into a sober house in 2018 and was generally batshit crazy. Seems Griffen has turned his life around but always possibility of a re-lapse if he gets a new contract and he's kind of at the point in his career where he may scoff at a '1 year prove it deal'.

Good points. Both are risks but giving Clowney a 2yr deal still gets him to FA at age 29 and can still cash in so I don't believe he'll mail it, just hope he can stay healthy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I most definitely worry about signing Clowney to anything more then a 2 year contract, one year would be best. I don't believe he is going to produce beyond that and hate to see the amount of dead money involved in cutting him if he signs long term.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so the rumor is the Hawks Cut Britt and Fluker so they could Up the amount afford to Clowney to match the Titans offer. This is why there has been no announcement and the titans posting that nothing has improved on the Clowney front. Also other teams that showed interest have pulled out so it's Titans vs Seahawks.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Literally every single thing I have been saying. Although I do not think Clowney will get fat once we pay him I think he is too full of himself for that to happen but I do believe he will take it easy and focus on not getting injured, taking plays off, and try to cash in as much as he can for his 3rd contract.

Griffen I do worry about his mental health maybe the owner or gm was done with him after that whole episode where he was rushed to the hospital from running around with his shirt off hiding in bushes but I am comfortable putting him on a short leash on a 1-2 year deal making 10+ million and cutting him after 1 season if it doesn't work.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11/16/19 @JMR Too Early Thread #2
11/16/19 @seahawksfan234 Too Early Thread #3
1/13/20 @flyerhawk State of the Team Thread #1,7
1/13/20 @JMR State of the Team Thread #2
1/13/20 @Anointed One State of the Team Thread #8
1/14/20 Myself Too Early Thread #126
1/25/20 @MrSnuggles2k2 State of the Team Thread #39
1/26/20 @MrSnuggles2k2 Clowney #32
2/9/20 @seahawksfan234 Favorites Thread #6
2/23/20 @seahawksfan234 Cap Space Thread - #38
3/18/20 @MKHawk Offseason Thread #100
3/18/20 @Screamin12th Offseason Thread #115
3/22/20 @Screamin12th Greg Olson Thread - #55
3/23/20 @Anointed One Michael Bennett Thread - #23
3/23/20 @Sharkonabicycle Offseason Thread #220
3/26/20 @JMR Too Early Thread #164
3/31/20 @Anointed One Offseason Thread #256
4/1/20 Myself Offseason Thread #281
4/2/20 @JMR Offseason Thread #296
4/9/20 @Anointed One Mock Draft Thread #14
4/10/20 @Screamin12th Mock Draft #16
4/16/20 @Anointed One Clowney #85
4/16/20 @Screamin12th Clowney #86
4/16/20 @JMR Clowney #87
4/16/20 @Anointed One #88
4/23/20 @JMR Prediction thread #25

That's just a quick runthrough from the first page of threads. It also doesn't include any post that didn't mention Britt by name, or anyone who agreed with said posts and thus didn't post themselves. The idea Seattle would/could/should and any other ould out there, cut Britt has been a popular opinion since he got hurt.

BTW, your conversation you were pointing to was in the Clowney thread

Surprised I only said it 3 times. Given his injury and cap hit relative to performance, I actually would've preferred they did it sooner.