• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Flop City @ DUbs 12/25/13

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why games on XMAS? Great for fans, but bad for the families of the players, employees, etc.

Going to try hard not to offend religious folks here, but I'm of the opinion this day should be spent with family and family alone.

You could state having games played on holidays are great for temp workers, bars/restaurants/stores, etc, but the game could have easily been played tomorrow.

THere's only 15-20 days a years where everyone's family has the same day off to spend together, they should just be allowed to spend that "full day" relaxing vs preparing for a game.

Enough of that nonsense, 730p Tip off ON the west coast, I hope the Dubs come out strong tonight. Will we see part deaux?
Jordan may be 6'11 265, but Bogut is 100% legit 7" , 260. I"ll take the Aussie 24/7/365

We owe them some payback. I hope Klay/HB actualy show up tonight. I expect Sjax to get called for a tech in Warmups. Steph is going to be Steph 5 Turnovers, but a El Fuego type night regardless.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUBS!

Last edited by a moderator:

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking positive... That was a treat for a first half.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story behind "Rip City!"

While playing for the Trail Blazers in 1971, Barnett attempted a rushed long-range shot against the rival Los Angeles Lakers. His shot went in, prompting Blazers play-by-play announcer Bill Schonely to exclaim "Rip City! All right!" The phrase "Rip City," the meaning for which Schonely has no explanation, nonetheless caught on and became synonymous with the team and the city of Portland.

Courtesy of Wiki.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. Intense. Hopefully, the Warriors are finally picking up some steam.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some closing thoughts, these aren't the "soft Warriors" from years past.

I love Green and Bogut mixing it up, will those tech fouls lead to supsensions? Possibly.

Floppy Griffin had a great 3rd quarters, until he went brain dead and picked up his 2nd tech. CP3 showed why he is the best PG in the game today. Steph was matching him shot for shot at one point.

CP3 swiping at the ball after the game was bush league, I hope the league fines him for that nonsense, the game is over, that was totally uncalled for.

Close game, but the Good Guys won in the end.

1) J Crawford
2) Matt Barnes
3) AJ
4) SJax

Flop City trying to be Dubland South?

GSWRaider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why Golden State didn't get a technical free throw on the Bogut/Blake incident but they did for the Green/Blake incident...?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why Golden State didn't get a technical free throw on the Bogut/Blake incident but they did for the Green/Blake incident...?

Ref's ejected Green for the blatant elbow to the throw of Floppy, it was a "1 tech ejection" which included the 2 free throws.

Bogut/Blake were off setting Tech's.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of last night's game for me was that Jackson went for the last half of the first quarter and the first three minutes of the second with the lineup of Green, Bazemore, Speights, Barnes and Douglas. Even though they got blasted I loved it that he sat down all the regulars who refused to play defense telling them basically "I'd rather lose with guys who are trying than watch the shit you guys (starters) are doing."

Seemed to work. When Lee, Curry and Thompson checked back in, and later Bogut, they picked up the intensity and won the game. I think the message Jackson sent was even more important to this win than the Griffin ejection on the "phantom punch".

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things from last night's game:

1) Hate what Draymond did. It's one thing in being tough and not backing down from opponents but it's completely different to instigate with an elbow to the throat with no cause. There's no room for that.

2) The NBA should re-evaluate the whole instigator/retaliator role in the skirmishes. With the help of replay, it's not hard for the refs to get it right if they have the leeway to make the calls. Griffin should not have been ejected.

3) The Warriors did a nice job of taking care of the ball. Those extra possessions lead to more shots, which was important as the Warriors were shooting terribly.

4) Klay and HB finally stepped up in a big way. Klay finally broke out from his slump and hit a couple of big buckets for the team(especially going to the basket). HB had a rough night shooting the ball but managed to get to the line 9 times. Add to that Klay played some fantastic defense last night. These guys need to do much more of this in the future for the Warriors to have sustained success.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "rivalry"? While Warriors-Clippers are busy being "chippy" at each other, the "rebuilding" Suns are sneaking up fast somehow. Conceivable that Suns could overtake both teams come playoff time.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Hate what Draymond did. It's one thing in being tough and not backing down from opponents but it's completely different to instigate with an elbow to the throat with no cause. There's no room for that.

2) The NBA should re-evaluate the whole instigator/retaliator role in the skirmishes. With the help of replay, it's not hard for the refs to get it right if they have the leeway to make the calls. Griffin should not have been ejected.

3) The Warriors did a nice job of taking care of the ball. Those extra possessions lead to more shots, which was important as the Warriors were shooting terribly.

4) Klay and HB finally stepped up in a big way. Klay finally broke out from his slump and hit a couple of big buckets for the team(especially going to the basket). HB had a rough night shooting the ball but managed to get to the line 9 times. Add to that Klay played some fantastic defense last night. These guys need to do much more of this in the future for the Warriors to have sustained success.

Plus they won a game where steph was off:10:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why games on XMAS? Great for fans, but bad for the families of the players, employees, etc.

Going to try hard not to offend religious folks here, but I'm of the opinion this day should be spent with family and family alone.

You could state having games played on holidays are great for temp workers, bars/restaurants/stores, etc, but the game could have easily been played tomorrow.

THere's only 15-20 days a years where everyone's family has the same day off to spend together, they should just be allowed to spend that "full day" relaxing vs preparing for a game.

Enough of that nonsense, 730p Tip off ON the west coast, I hope the Dubs come out strong tonight. Will we see Bogut vs Deandre Jordan part deaux?
Jordan may be 6'11 265, but Bogut is 100% legit 7" , 260. I"ll take the Aussie 24/7/365

We owe them some payback. I hope Klay/HB actualy show up tonight. I expect Sjax to get called for a tech in Warmups. Steph is going to be Steph 5 Turnovers, but a El Fuego type night regardless.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUBS!

I'd gladly trade the Christmas holiday for their multi-million dollar salaries.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) What happened to Matt Barnes being the "nice guy" vs being the thug?

2) Bogut should have done his D-Bo impression and clocked CP3

3) LOL at How did SJax get down to that end of the court so fast? IF there's a scrum, you bet your bottom $$$$ Sjax will be the 1st in line with Matt Barnes shoving.

When's the next match up? I'm taking bets on fights, Speights vs Hollins? How about Deandre Bogut II? , Coach Jackson vs Rivers?

Its going to be a blood bath

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green doing his Shaq-fu impression vs Floppy

Bogut Shrugging off Floppy like a Ant

Bogut getting pushed in the back by Barnes

1) What happened to Matt Barnes being the "nice guy" vs being the thug?

2) Bogut should have done his D-Bo impression and clocked CP3

3) LOL at How did SJax get down to that end of the court so fast? IF there's a scrum, you bet your bottom $$$$ Sjax will be the 1st in line with Matt Barnes shoving.

When's the next match up? I'm taking bets on fights, Speights vs Hollins? How about Deandre Bogut II? , Coach Jackson vs Rivers?

Its going to be a blood bath

CP3 is a punk. I remember when JJ Reddick bitch slapped him in college

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What "rivalry"? While Warriors-Clippers are busy being "chippy" at each other, the "rebuilding" Suns are sneaking up fast somehow. Conceivable that Suns could overtake both teams come playoff time.

115 - 86. LOL!