• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fishing

I'm a football fan who

• Likes to fish

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • I don't fish

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • For those who fish, do you prefer Stream fishing

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • For those who fish, do you prefer Lake fishing

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • For those who fish, do you prefer Saltwater fishing

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bass fishing from a boat isn't boring, but I agree the time we went out into the pacific to fish was boring as hell. We went out on a small boat probably meant for 20 fisherman loaded with closer to 40. There was no casting, just hang the rod over the edge and release the line, let it hit bottom, wait about 10 minutes and real it in. Have 3 or 4 fish and do it over.

I was young and we didnt keep all the fish we caught, it appears we paid the boat owner to be his workers for a day, because no fish were returned to the sea.
Image result for why didnt I think of that gif

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RaZon we have a mod here. Lets have him clear up if we can talk about fishing. Shall we?
Lets also have him clear up thread ownership. Does the thread creator own the thread? Control all comments and thread direction of conversation?
Does fish have 100m times?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mako can swim 45 MPH,
Wahoo can do 48 MPH nut have been clocked at 60.
Sailfish can hit 70 MPH
The Black Marlin is purported to be able to swim 80 MPH. They are the real "track stars!"
The best a human track star can do underwater is less than 5 MPH - pathetic, these human runners!!!!!
Funny story when I was in school I was doing some research on Sharks where I had learned mako's were the fastest shark in the ocean.
Later in life we were talking about sharks & ocean & shit. I was explaining Your up shitcreek if a mako was around because they were the fastest shark in the ocean. Where I just stopped talking & started laughing (at myself)
My friends asked what was so funny.
I said I dont give a shit if it was the slowest shark in the ocean if it wants to eat you. You are fucked LOL
You arent outswimming it!
Everyone started laughing then.

Ahhh!!!! Good ol' beer! :becky:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't talk....

soccer
baseball
NASCAR
tennis
swimming
gymnastics

can talk a little basketball, sorta.
same with MMA

My pets are....

football
track
rasslin'
classic boxing....into the history of the sport

There I have a TON of experience, yep, around 60years of it, simply how it is.

Fishing bores the hell out of me. Dad spoiled it by.....shut up you'll scare the fish away.
Hey!
Why dont you pretend we are fishing! :D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh....

I have some family members that do fly fishing, but for some reason I envisioned being on the side of a river in Montana with mountains/trees, etc. nearby... like the movie "A River Runs Through It." Then when I saw the pictures they're in a boat (with guides that they pay handsomely), it's only catch and release (I like to eat fish), with like the most bland surroundings.

Kind of sucked all my passion out. And my relatives are total, "SO HERE'S TIPS, and MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS! And ALSO TRY THIS!" Ugh. No thanks. Boat fishing is just boring as fuck to me. Did it when I was a kid and still thought it was pretty boring.

I think I'd be down to fish if it was completely on my own, nobody else around, and just go out and fart around for an hour. Not make it a TRIP, all day thing, or giant production.
hooked.gif

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love mountain river fishing for trout. Not boring at all. In the right season, you’ll get a bite every time you cast. Also you wear these rubber type overalls, and stand in the river about thigh/waist high in the cool clear water. Great stuff.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love mountain river fishing for trout. Not boring at all. In the right season, you’ll get a bite every time you cast. Also you wear these rubber type overalls, and stand in the river about thigh/waist high in the cool clear water. Great stuff.
giphy.gif

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't talk....

soccer
baseball
NASCAR
tennis
swimming
gymnastics

can talk a little basketball, sorta.
same with MMA

My pets are....

football
track
rasslin'
classic boxing....into the history of the sport

There I have a TON of experience, yep, around 60years of it, simply how it is.

Fishing bores the hell out of me. Dad spoiled it by.....shut up you'll scare the fish away.
You talk too much? Nah I cant believe it. You would talk starving dogs off a meat wagon

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to fish and have been going for catfish in recent weeks with my teenage daughter, who likes to fish also. We need to work on our techniques though. Last time out we didn't catch anything and I think we need to use a different type of catfish rig.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Long history of weird things in the rivers here. Even the small fish and catfish are frequently deformed

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer lake and stream fishing.

I have a long weekend fly fishing trip to PA coming up on Penns Creek. Really looking forward to it.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I wish I could have gotten into was fishing I lived in FL for many years and I knew a guy that invited me fishing with him and his friends. He drove us out to this community of people fishing and we boated off shore and caught a few fish but mostly chilled and enjoyed the day.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful... Next thing we know Razon is going to claim he is the most knowledgeable fisherman on this site.
Remember he knows everything. Gotta ask how throwing cans of chili at fish work ? I’m betting about as good as a active shooter but I don’t know everything.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does fishing qualify as trawling? That is the question. Believe this thread is worthy of NFL board material. Just as much as track racers... look at that fish go ... zoom!

The Dolphin is a mammal not a fish that you eat, usually. So who in AFCE is gonna eat dolphin for lunch and dinner this year? All teams will give Miami a run for the money. That div is suddenly good.

I predict that all teams in AFCE are 8-8 or better this year. Go for it!