• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round: San Jose Sharks vs. Edmonton Oilers

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was so good in ot and his teammates were so bad ... man, they looked old in ot

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was so good in ot and his teammates were so bad ... man, they looked old in ot
Nevermind Thornton and Marleau, neither of whom I think will be around next season regardless of how this ends, but Pavelski will be 33 by the start of next season, Burns is 32, Vlasic is in his 30s now, Joel Ward and Paul Martin are in their late 30s and both will still be around next year...

The Sharks are at that same place they were around 2003 with Damphousse and Nolan and Ricci etc. slowing down and the team starting to show their age. They still have some good veteran pieces (Vlasic should be a high-end d-man for at least a few more years, Burns tired out but with better minute management could be a weapon, Couture's still under 30) but maybe a quick youth movement would help them avoid the Kings/Wings/Hawks hole.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind Thornton and Marleau, neither of whom I think will be around next season regardless of how this ends, but Pavelski will be 33 by the start of next season, Burns is 32, Vlasic is in his 30s now, Joel Ward and Paul Martin are in their late 30s and both will still be around next year...

The Sharks are at that same place they were around 2003 with Damphousse and Nolan and Ricci etc. slowing down and the team starting to show their age. They still have some good veteran pieces (Vlasic should be a high-end d-man for at least a few more years, Burns tired out but with better minute management could be a weapon, Couture's still under 30) but maybe a quick youth movement would help them avoid the Kings/Wings/Hawks hole.
The Sharks have long enjoyed full houses by only skating a competitive team.
Not sure the players have that extra drive it takes to win it all.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. They've got Hertl, Mueller and Meier to go along with Couture as young or prime core guys. The rest are well down the other side of the mountain. The only exception is Pavelski and possibly Burns who might have a year or two of prime play left in them. If I'm the Sharks I look at moving those two guys if the price is right this offseason. They could be rebuilt in 2-3 years if they do it right.

EDIT: I missed Pickles. Obviously Vlasic is a keeper. His style of play should age quite well.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. They've got Hertl, Mueller and Meier to go along with Couture as young or prime core guys. The rest are well down the other side of the mountain. The only exception is Pavelski and possibly Burns who might have a year or two of prime play left in them. If I'm the Sharks I look at moving those two guys if the price is right this offseason. They could be rebuilt in 2-3 years if they do it right.

EDIT: I missed Pickles. Obviously Vlasic is a keeper. His style of play should age quite well.
Yeah I can't see Pickles fading out just yet. If he does become available I'd love to see him on my team. Likely wishful thinking.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can't see Pickles fading out just yet. If he does become available I'd love to see him on my team. Likely wishful thinking.

Get in line.

Karlsson with Vlasic as a partner??

giphy.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vlasic made an end to end rush with seconds left in the 3rd last night ... similar to what Karlsson did v Bruins (that i think Cherry praised him for ie recognizing time left) ... and ended up with a great scoring chance

no praise from the panel during the intermission this time though ... their mouths were filled with McDavids cock

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, heck of a goal by Draisaitl. On the other hand, another five hole goal on Jones.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, another breakaway goal for the Oilers and it's 2-0.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's Stanley Cup dream should I shatter next. Looking for a new team to cheer for.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Jannik Hansen one shift in final 11:09. None in final 7 minutes

who's coaching, Willie D?